Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,344 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just remember, at some point healing becomes more important for survival than armor and resists.
Madmarttigan
AG
Just remember, at some point healing becomes more important for survival than armor and resists.
Prime0882
AG
^ Then make more decent LoH, resource use healing, and over time healing gear drop.

Thought I had read that by level 70 a lot of the ways we heal currently will be gutted. Life Steal is going to be a shell of what it used to be, and you're going to have to rely more on healing orbs.
Hagen95
AG
Yes, I have already dumped my life steal weapons and use the regen skills to keep alive.
bbattbq01
AG
I'm always looking for life on hit... Unfortunately don't have too much other than my hellfire ring and my paragon levels (and I'm only 49 paragon so don't have much there!).

I am digging the new barbarian skill, it gets lots of hits in
AtlAg05
AG
T3 at lvl 67 was rough. 150k dmg plus about 30% bonus fire dmg, 3.3m toughness and still getting slapped around fun stuff

[This message has been edited by Atlag05 (edited 3/25/2014 4:14p).]
Cromagnum
AG
Looks like it's Infamous for Mr tonight. Bnet completely won't work today. Surprise surprise.
benMath08
AG
When level 70 items start to drop you have the chance for thousands of life on hit, life per sec, or life after kill. I've got a 7k life after kill item at the moment.

Also the paragon life on hit and life regen bonuses are quite a bit bigger at 70 than they were at 60.

Right before logging I found a weapon that bumped my paper doll damage from 400k to 500k, should be interesting :p
srob2004
AG
at level 66, I'm just south of 2million toughness and 200K DPS. I started Act I on T3 and now I'm down to T1 :P
Civen
AG
FYI, for people in the process of going from 60-70 there seems to be 2 distinct loot tiers.

From 60-65 you'll get only level 61 items and from 66-69 you'll get a mix of level 61 and 66. That's why it seems like you aren't really finding any upgrades and have to start dropping the difficulty.

Once you hit 70, everything should be 70 and you can start regearing for higher difficulties.

Legendaries seem to roll at your actual level, but you can't rely on them to make up your entire outfit.
bbattbq01
AG
I finally had to drop down to master last night after killing second act 5 boss on T1. Beginning of last act 5 locale destroyed my poor Lvl 69 barb on torment. Had to join a public game to beat last boss. Got him down to his last form but got killed pretty fast solo.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:

Once you hit 70, everything should be 70 and you can start regearing for higher difficulties.

Legendaries seem to roll at your actual level, but you can't rely on them to make up your entire outfit.

After I hit 70 last night I was still getting a lot of mid 60 drops.
Civen
AG
quote:
After I hit 70 last night I was still getting a lot of mid 60 drops.

You're right, I was exaggerating a bit. But I did feel like I started making up lost power a bit quicker once I hit 70 since many more drops were level appropriate.
bbattbq01
AG
I was really hoping it would be all 70 like 60 has been all 60 since loot 2.0. Gonna be a bummer first time I get a perfectly rolled item but it's not Lvl 70.
benMath08
AG
As you guys start gearing up you'll need to pay closer attention to the individual stats that make up your damage and toughness, and not just the "executive summary" one liners in the paper doll.

For example, channeled abilities, damage over time, and anything on a cooldown is going to attack speed irrelevant, but attack speed is part of the "Damage" paper doll stat calculation. That means a lower attack speed and higher damage is preferred for all of those, which means that two-handed weapon you thought was underpowered might actually give you better "real world" killing speed.

Channeled abilities "tick" less often with a lower attack speed, which means they use less mana for the same amount of damage as something hitting more often for smaller individual hits.

Regarding toughness, both armor and resists have diminishing returns (not sure of the exact number off the top of my head), so you'll want to try to keep them relatively balanced.

Life is obviously an important component. The more life you have, the less effective your healing (life on hit, life after kill, life regen) will be, but the more effective potions and certain "percentage of life regained" abilities will be. Depending on your build it may be more important to stack armor and resists at the expense of life.

Speaking of healing, life steal does not work at level 70, regardless of what is on your items. I *think* you can find the biggest numbers on life after kill, but of course that stat becomes sort of useless for a variety of boss and elite fights.

Another thing to consider is the proc rate of the abilities you're using. Not all abilities will proc legendary items or Life On Hit at the same rate. For example, as a wizard you see me use spectral blade w/ thrown blade because I like the very reliable proc coeff it has, which helps a lot with my crit chance and arcane power on crit. I won't go into detail, just read this if you're interested: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-misc-forums/theorycrafting-and-analysis/73358-skill-proc-coefficients-complete-list
wangus12
AG
Man I wish the expansion was on the 360. Loved the third one. I really need to get a PC
Ewok It Out08
AG
Are level 70 item procs more effective now? For instance, I had a lvl 60 legendary weapon that would proc a fireball on 50% of my attacks. However, this was essentially worthless in terms of an overall damage buff since the fireball would only hit for 250 damage non crit.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Are level 70 item procs more effective now? For instance, I had a lvl 60 legendary weapon that would proc a fireball on 50% of my attacks. However, this was essentially worthless in terms of an overall damage buff since the fireball would only hit for 250 damage non crit.

Some are useless, others can be build changing. It really depends on the item.
ZooGuy
AG
Just started playing Diablo 3, and I barely know what the hell any of you are talking about. But, love the game!
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
Just started playing Diablo 3, and I barely know what the hell any of you are talking about. But, love the game!

2012 came before you knew it huh?
Tomdoss92
AG
i erm... did "finish" diablo 3 in that i got through act iv but stopped right after getting plopped back in new tristram... so i had a single level 31 wizard. around 2 or three weeks after release. haven't played since.

played about 10 minutes of RoS so far and all of my equipment was completely outdated. everything dropping was far more valuable than those items i felt so proud of back then.
txag2k
AG
quote:
played about 10 minutes of RoS so far and all of my equipment was completely outdated. everything dropping was far more valuable than those items i felt so proud of back then.

Ya, funny how that works. Wish I would have dumped more items before the AH went down :-D

Also bought more mats since crafting wastes so many resources and the **** logic of the mystic re-rolls can be maddening.
ZooGuy
AG
Didn't have a computer that could run any games. Just got a new Dell with the fastest processor and lots of RAM.

Any other games to take a look at? Haven't gamed since 10-15 years ago.

[This message has been edited by ZooGuy (edited 3/27/2014 11:04a).]
MGS
Skyrim
ZooGuy
AG
Already played that on xbone.
Predmid
AG
About two dozen great indie games on steam I could recommend.
Cromagnum
AG
Gonna be playing the **** out of this game this weekend. Already hit 70 on my DH, but want to farm torment 1 for (hopefully) new sets. Also need to get in some crusader time.
PMD03
AG
quote:
Gonna be playing the **** out of this game this weekend. Already hit 70 on my DH, but want to farm torment 1 for (hopefully) new sets. Also need to get in some crusader time.

My wife told me she picked up some extra shifts at work and will be working 8 days straight. I had to feign some sorrow while inside I was giddy and planning my D3 nerdfest.
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
Skyrim

quote:
ZooGuy

No you didn't
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:

Mine is working nights the next three nights. I'm all set.

My wife told me she picked up some extra shifts at work and will be working 8 days straight. I had to feign some sorrow while inside I was giddy and planning my D3 nerdfest.
ZooGuy
AG
I don't get it.

[This message has been edited by ZooGuy (edited 3/28/2014 6:40a).]
Civen
AG
quote:

quote:
I don't get it.

Skyrim is 2.5 years old, and wasn't released on the XB1.
ZooGuy
AG
NM.

[This message has been edited by ZooGuy (edited 3/28/2014 9:21a).]
Madmarttigan
AG
Good luck with those sets cromag, I found the worst nats helm in the world and a wizard set for some god awful reason.
SF2004
AG
Account bound items has become the worst possible decision they could have made.

Hey you got a Topaz... NOPE ACCOUNT BOUND
Hey found this item would go great, but you weren't with me... NOPE ACCOUNT BOUND
I need some Death's Breath, no prop I got a ton... NOPE ACCOUNT BOUND

The most retarded thing they could have done, you are at the mercy of the RNG. Completing a set or anything is going to be absolutly retarded now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.