Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,345 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Civen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, but the PTR results seem to confirm. And the season legendaries have looked pretty underwhelming with regards to massive playstyle changes. Unless they majorly change something about the way GRifts work, I don't see melee classes really competing.

For seasons, since the exclusives are meh, I'm thinking I'll get a class to 70 to get the transmog, and then go back to my regular characters.
Hagen95
AG
They were supposed to buff the monk. SMH
Madmarttigan
AG
I know I can make a sader tank t6 but I don't like waiting on marauders to drop for DH when I never really could get more than 3 pieces.
Madmarttigan
AG
I know I can make a sader tank t6 but I don't like waiting on marauders to drop for DH when I never really could get more than 3 pieces.
Civen
AG
Crusader needs 5pc akkahan just like DH needs 5pc marauder (both with rorg)
benMath08
AG
Some blizzard interview/discussion stated one purpose of the GRs is to help better balance classes. With an essentially infinite difficulty curve it makes it a lot easier to differentiate classes, whereas before all classes were T6 capable but to varying (largely unknown) degrees.

I would like to play a monk again too.
Madmarttigan
AG
Akkhan set used to be garbage unless they changed it .... My sader was able to survive t6 without it just less damage
jlb2957
AG
I never leveled a WD and will probably do that when the season starts.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Akkhan set used to be garbage unless they changed it .... My sader was able to survive t6 without it just less damage

50% CDR on Akarat Champion is garbage? Shotgun sader is a beast.
Madmarttigan
AG
50% cdr for an ability that is meh to me and still has a 45 sec cooldown even with 50% just isnt a very good bonus. Compared to the amazing things some other sets do, it is garbage.
bbattbq01
AG
Hit my first vault in season mode today... around 11 million gold on just master difficulty, sheesh!
Cromagnum
AG
Have hit two T5 vaults. One with normal gear (80m gold) and one with GF (130m)
Madmarttigan
AG
I stand corrected, the new sader set is even worse unless you like sweep attack, akkan it is
Civen
AG
quote:
50% cdr for an ability that is meh to me and still has a 45 sec cooldown even with 50% just isnt a very good bonus. Compared to the amazing things some other sets do, it is garbage.
Plus CDR on your other pieces of gear, plus a diamond socketed helm = permament akarats.

Which means you can run without a generator due to the wrath regen, and get a permanent 35% damage buff. I'm not sure what your definition of "meh" is, but I'd like to see your gear if that set is garbage to you.
Wheatables02
AG
are vaults randomized or is there anything you can do to better your chances of finding one? (eg rifts, grifts, story mode...)
Civen
AG
quote:
are vaults randomized or is there anything you can do to better your chances of finding one? (eg rifts, grifts, story mode...)
They only spawn in adventure mode, as far as I know (not in rifts, or grifts). Some things I've read suggested farming goblins in Act 3 (Tower of Cursed/Damned and Core of Arreat) since they're small maps and easy to run through fast. Others suggested running Key Wardens for dual purpose goblins/hellfire ammy farming at the same time.
Hagen95
AG
Went home for lunch today and fired up D3. While doing a quick RoRG run, BOOOM Vault Rift!
RedbeardAG
AG
When is the patch supposed to release for the xbone?
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Others suggested running Key Wardens for dual purpose goblins/hellfire ammy farming at the same time.

This.
Wheatables02
AG
I hope last nights looting carries into tonight and the weekend. Had one RoRG with 7 level 7 characters. I got 2 last night on T4 and T5 bounties with some of you guys. I hope the rest of you get one ASAP!
benMath08
AG
I've been getting near-unplayable lag today for no reason. Hopefully Blizzard is able to fix their "technical issues".
benMath08
AG
Season 2 starts in a week, anyone planning on coming back?

I started playing again a couple weeks ago after patch 2.1.2 made some nice updates to the Marauder and Sunwoku sets. I was hoping to try to get on the top 1000 seasonal grift leaderboard for DH or Monk but I haven't played in a week due to Pax South and I don't think I can catch up now.

I've been really impressed how committed Blizzard has been to improving the game over the last year, and I think their efforts have really payed off. I'm honestly a little surprised they haven't announced a second expansion yet.
Prime0882
AG
I might come back and play a little. Really enjoyed Season 1, for what I played of it (Crusader up to Paragon lvl 140).

Blackrock Foundry is coming out next week and I've let WoW get a hold again. Raiding with the same group as I have for the last 8 years. If the same core group of people didn't come back time and again to hang out, I wouldn't ever go back, I think.

The best class in D3 still about which set you have? Do Ancient Legendaries make a big difference?
benMath08
AG
quote:
I might come back and play a little. Really enjoyed Season 1, for what I played of it (Crusader up to Paragon lvl 140).

Blackrock Foundry is coming out next week and I've let WoW get a hold again. Raiding with the same group as I have for the last 8 years. If the same core group of people didn't come back time and again to hang out, I wouldn't ever go back, I think.

The best class in D3 still about which set you have? Do Ancient Legendaries make a big difference?
Ancient weapons make a huge difference, armor a slight difference if you get a great roll on the other stats, jewelry irrelevant.
Civen
AG
quote:
Season 2 starts in a week, anyone planning on coming back?

I started playing again a couple weeks ago after patch 2.1.2 made some nice updates to the Marauder and Sunwoku sets. I was hoping to try to get on the top 1000 seasonal grift leaderboard for DH or Monk but I haven't played in a week due to Pax South and I don't think I can catch up now.

I've been really impressed how committed Blizzard has been to improving the game over the last year, and I think their efforts have really payed off. I'm honestly a little surprised they haven't announced a second expansion yet.
I don't know how I feel about a second expansion. I don't think they could really expand the story (like anyone actually cares, but they still try) with just one act worth of development. It really seems like it'd take Diablo 4 (with a full set of 4 acts) to develop some 'nephalem goes bad due to prime evil corruption' that they hinted at in the end of RoS.

I really just want more stash space (a dedicated, non-shared tab for each character would be a god send), but don't think they'll just give that away without some expansion. I don't need 2000 mainstat on weapons, or 75-100% CHC. Unless we're gonna do a stat squeeze like in wow, which just seems like a cop out, "you're all getting too powerful... so every stat gets cut in half so that we can start inflating them all over again!"
txag2k
AtlAg05
AG
They made it easy for your stash. Get rid of everything because you can replace it with an ancient item.

I'll be doing season 2.
Wheatables02
AG
if I could get my wife off the computer for her business I'd be able to get some gaming in this week...
benMath08
AG
Anyone who's interested in power leveling a season 2 character might want to try this (I know I will)

Hagen95
AG
Looking forward to season 2. Interesting "exploit". Seems like it would get pretty tedious quickly.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Looking forward to season 2. Interesting "exploit". Seems like it would get pretty tedious quickly.
Hopefully by the time it becomes tedious you're already level 70.
benMath08
AG
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-hotfixes-10-feb

welp, so much for that
txag2k
AG
Prime0882
AG
Many of y'all going to be doing season 3? Started up last night for the push to 70.
Elu11
AG
For a second I thought someone had already cleared grift 60 in seasons. Playing HC, you really lose sight of what's possible in SC non-seasons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.