******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

83,788 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soo is anyone still on this and playing primarily smaller game types? (dominion and so forth) I definitely wasn't a fan of the 64 player junk to be honest. I feel like honing in on my FPS skills a bit before Hardline comes out.

- madmarttigan
Aggietaco
AG
Dominion must be a new one...

I still play, just playing Far Cry 4 right now instead. Hardcore defuse has been my favorite game mode of late. But I head back to Conquest Large for the full BF4 **** shown pretty often.
Madmarttigan
AG
Dominion has been there since release? It's what I always played when I realized 64 person conquest wasn't my cup of tea.

Kind of funny to me when I play this that BF4 may still be the best FPS released on Xbone still, with Titanfall in contention.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Kind of funny to me when I play this that BF4 may still be the best FPS released on Xbone still
That's true, it might be... but it also shows you how a messed up game at launch can really hurt the user base. Me and several of the normal BF guys stepped away from this one early. To be fair, some of the issues were all on MS... in my opinion the voice chat & party chat still isn't as reliable/good as on 360.

And I agree that 64 player conquest kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to it, but in the end I think 32 players in BF3 (on 360) was a better sweet spot. 2 good squads could make the difference in the "old days". But yeah, it's a really good time for screwing around. Gave me the opportunity to create one of my favorite youtube videos (pretty sure I've shared this before):

BattleFielld 4 - Danger Zone
agfan2013
AG
quote:
And I agree that 64 player conquest kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to it, but in the end I think 32 players in BF3 (on 360) was a better sweet spot.
Sorry to nitpick, but 360 and PS3 were capped at 24 players (12 vs 12) back in the day. 32 is only possible on BF4 for the new consoles. Which I do agree is probably the sweet spot, still a lot of action, and if you have a good squad, you can make a difference. I do enjoy 64 occasionally just for the massive amount of chaos going on, but do stick to obliteration and rush which are capped at 32 players.

BF4 had a terrible launch and its their own fault for losing some of you guys, but for those like myself who stuck with it, once everything finally got ironed out it is probably the best FPS I've played to date. And is the main reason I wont be getting hardline, whenever I get the itch to battle field I'll just fire up 4 which works perfectly now.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Dominion has been there since release? It's what I always played when I realized 64 person conquest wasn't my cup of tea.

Kind of funny to me when I play this that BF4 may still be the best FPS released on Xbone still, with Titanfall in contention.
Domination is the word you're looking for.

And yes, BF4 is the best FPS game on the new consoles.

And I disagree about 32 being the sweet spot. The size of these maps necessitates more players.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
And I disagree about 32 being the sweet spot. The size of these maps necessitates more players.
I agree about the size of BF4 maps... but I was a fan of BF3 and how they took the PC maps and shrunk them down to work with 24 players. I just think that was a much better size. 2 squads of Aggies in a party chat and we were hard to beat! Just personal preference though.

All this talk is making me sad I traded in my copy now! It is a pretty great series. Looking forward to Hardline as a temporary change.... hoping this "time off" for Dice will pay off when they give us BF5!
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah sorry domination I guess I'm thinking of league of Legends ha.

But yeah I enjoyed smaller amounts of people where our squads made a difference and rolled people like JR says.
herb96
AG
There was a Pilmer sighting on the battlefield yesterday.
Madmarttigan
AG
I even got to spend some quality time with him a week or 2 ago. It was like old times...
Agmaniacmike12
It felt like I was playing with a ghost...
Aggietaco
AG
His wife must be on vacation.
Aggietaco
AG
Thought I lost this disc but found it over the weekend and played a bit. Still a large online presence and still better than Hardline (mostly, but really miss being able to grab ammo from teammates).

Anyone else still playing? I predict several hours of gameplay Tuesday night while the rib is away.
Aggietaco
AG
Dragon Valley coming to BF4 later this year. Impressed that Dice is still pushing content out for this game.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-4-dragon-valley-announcement/
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Dragon Valley coming to BF4 later this year. Impressed that Dice is still pushing content out for this game.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-4-dragon-valley-announcement/

That IS impressive. I can't remember exactly why I bailed on BF4, but I think it was a combination of way too many glitches early on and I still had BF3 fatigue (we played a lot of BF3).

By the time Battlefield 5 hits (I can only assume a year from now) I will be more than ready to jump back in.
agfan2013
AG
Whats the player count on this these days? Since I moved from a PS4 to a XB1 I'm in need of a few shooters after I pick up Battlefront and I had a ton of fun on BF4 on the PS once the bugs were worked out. I'd bet I could get the game and premium for all of the map packs for fairly cheap now. Never really was interested in battlefield cops & robbers so the fact that they are still pushing maps out of this has me interested....
Aggietaco
AG
http://bf4stats.com/servers/xone

Latest total count I could find was May 2015 with around 20k xboners online in a 24 hour period.
Aggietaco
AG
When I quit playing it was still an issue with glitches. I've put the disc back in a few times and had a great time, but haven't managed to maintain an online presence in any multiplayer games long enough to get settled into a group to play with consistently
Agmaniacmike12
The last time I played, the game felt totally different. They fixed almost all of the glitches, enhanced some other things, and it ran smooth. I wish DICE would do something like Halo:MCC with remastered maps from the whole series. I've been yearning for some Bad Company with upgraded graphics and smoother movement mechanics.
OldArmy07
AG
I think this has been the best supported game I've ever played - post release. We're still getting solid content 2 years after the game released- this was a launch game on the XB1!
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
I think this has been the best supported game I've ever played - post release. We're still getting solid content 2 years after the game released- this was a launch game on the XB1!
If only they hadn't decided to finish the game during the year long post release beta.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
quote:
If only they hadn't decided to finish the game during the year long post release beta.

Truth.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

This is why my expectations for Battlefront are severely tempered......EA/DICE fooled me once. Now I'm gonna hang back and watch before/if I buy.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is why my expectations for Battlefront are severely tempered......EA/DICE fooled me once. Now I'm gonna hang back and watch before/if I buy.

The game is already out on xb1 for people with ea access. Haven't heard a single complaint in the Star Wars battlefront thread. I think the game is pretty solid performance wise.
mid90
AG
Then that is good news
Shiner_Bock
quote:
The last time I played, the game felt totally different. They fixed almost all of the glitches, enhanced some other things, and it ran smooth. I wish DICE would do something like Halo:MCC with remastered maps from the whole series. I've been yearning for some Bad Company with upgraded graphics and smoother movement mechanics.

I 100% agree. Bad Company 2 was one of my all time favorite games, and its campaign even gave reason to expect a third installment. I would want nothing more.
gigemaggs99
AG
quote:

The good news is they are doing this, it says this map was originally released on BF2, it's going to be re-released in Dec 2015 on BF4.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-dragon-valley-2015-changes/
gigemaggs99
AG
Is the list on page one of users up to date?

I just recently picked this game up for Xbox1 and PS4. I really enjoy it but would like to play regularly with others vs just running around lone-wolf style. I have a mic and would like to communicate so we can have coordinated attacks/defenses.

Xbox1: gigemaggs99
PSN: gigemaggs99

Please add me, thank you!

Gus
bearamedic99
AG
I hop on from time to time

GT- superrufus99
GigEmAgs14
AG
anyone still play this?
reason i ask is because the EA Sale going on right now has Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for $24
WES2006AG
AG
I'm still on this game playing conquest almost daily. I haven't played with anyone from here and usually just lone wolf it but add me and we can give it a shot.

WES2006AG
Xiuh
This is on sale for $4.50 with gold right now. Pretty fun even if I didn't know the maps haha. My brother and I were wrecking shop the other day. Felt like old Bf compared to Hardline
jr15aggie
AG
I've been playing again with the free EA access going on. Love BF. Playing solo is no problem for me... I usually just strap c4 to things!
Pman17
AG
ALL DLC IS FREE TILL SEPTEMBER 19TH!!!!

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-to-battlefield-1-bf4-expansions
jeffk

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.