MaroonCraft: The Aggieland Minecraft Build

88,113 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by theNetSmith
Pilmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weird, I am having trouble accessing the website like normal.
wee_ag
AG
Just a quick shout-out to LukeTAMU05 for helping support this month's server costs.

Blue star for you!
Pman17
AG
Thanks Luke!
Malachi Constant
AG
I get so much enjoyment out of playing I figured it was the least I could do...
Pman17
AG
I was going to release the next video this weekend, but decided to release it on Tuesday. Uploading soon!
Pman17
AG
New Video!

http://vimeo.com/59969980

Enjoy!
Share with friends!

[This message has been edited by Pman17 (edited 2/19/2013 6:56a).]

[This message has been edited by Pman17 (edited 2/19/2013 6:57a).]
fav13andac1)c
AG
Very nice!
BradC34
AG
Nice video
Pilmer
AG
If you move a building, make sure you check that it moved correctly before moving on. Someone moved G. Rollie, and now it looks like an earthquake hit it, lol.
gravy97
AG
Impressive work!

With the renovation to Kyle field coming... will yall tear down and rebuild along with the actual construction?
DrVanNostren
AG
I'd love to help out!

UrbanSombrero

Pilmer
AG
what do I need to type to make it perpetual daytime?
FightinTexag
AG
quote:
what do I need to type to make it perpetual daytime?

/time set Day

That won't make it perpetual, but it should return you to daytime.
Pilmer
AG
Thanks,

Yea, I knew the command /time set 0 , I was just looking for the command to make it perpetual so I didn't have to keep typing that in.
FightinTexag
AG
I think it's a server setting that I don't have access to, either that or I can't find it, I think the new video forgot to set it back to perpetual day
Pman17
AG
Yea, I set it to 0 for the video. I don't know how to make it perpetual.
Pman17
AG
The video is now on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np1KFEvIAoI
boredatwork08
AG
I'd like to join in.

Channeleaton
BradC34
AG
I plan on coming back and finishing work on Olsen Field, the plaza, and the surrounding lots.... eventually.
wee_ag
AG
UrbanSombrero & Channeleaton have been whitelisted
thewhiteegg
AG
The command to make it daytime all the time is '/shift day'. It shouldn't stop working unless someone sets the time manually and doesn't set it back to shift. I'm pretty sure you have to be op to set the time either way though.

[This message has been edited by thewhiteegg (edited 2/20/2013 11:06p).]
wee_ag
AG
Sooooo, regarding the new Kyle Field renderings. I'm making the call that we aren't renovating until we get the official-official renderings and plans (there's rumors that the renders floating around aren't official).

I want to keep the original Kyle intact somewhere on the server (perhaps can portal to it) when we do eventually renovate.

If we can confirm that the renderings are legit I would LOVE to get our Kyle renovated before it's started in real life. It would be AWESOME to let people on the server and see the renovated Kyle before it's built.

On that note - any thoughts on how to set-up the server to be open to anyone, but only editable for whitelisted?
kbassil
AG
I had that setup when I admin'd things. It's a matter of editing the "Bukkit" permissions (which means you need to install bukkit). Through this, you make a text document that sorts permissions into groups. For example, you have your "guest", "builder" and "admins". People who are not a member of any group default as "guest", where they can do nothing but run around. Builders can build and fly, while admins can use VoxelSniper and other useful mods.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
I want to keep the original Kyle intact somewhere on the server (perhaps can portal to it) when we do eventually renovate.

That is a big cut/paste but the wand can handle it!
wee_ag
AG
kbassil - forgot about bukkit, we've got it installed. Never got the hang of it, but I'll look into it. Thanks!
FightinTexag
AG
quote:
That is a big cut/paste but the wand can handle it!

The wand!
FightinTexag
AG
Also, Wee_ag,

If you need me to do anything server wise or help please let me know!
ChrisV
Whitelist: Cvintila

Just found this server. Stoked.
wee_ag
AG
Cvintila you're whitelisted!

*** NOTE TO ALL USERES ***
Ask an admin in game if you need OP powers so you can wield THE WAND.
thewhiteegg
AG
Everyone should have wand capabilities while they're in the aggieland world as it is right now. I can work on setting permissions to open things up for guests if that's something that we want to do soon.
FightinTexag
AG
What happened to G Rollie? looks like an earthquake hit it....
wee_ag
AG
Wand powers only to those whitelisted. If we open it up the server and allow anyone to log on, only those whitelisted should have the power to actually build/destroy.

Actually Seanmag1500 if you want/know how to set-up the server to allow anyone to join, but only those whitelisted to build go ahead and set it up! Guests should be able to move/fly and THAT'S IT. No building, no wand, no teleporting self... you get the idea.

As for G Rollie - I heard something happened to it, not sure what. Hopefully not griefing, but if anyone wants to repair the damage, go for it.

And as always, you guys are awesome!
FightinTexag
AG
quote:
Actually Seanmag1500 if you want/know how to set-up the server to allow anyone to join, but only those whitelisted to build go ahead and set it up! Guests should be able to move/fly and THAT'S IT. No building, no wand, no teleporting self... you get the idea.

will check into it!
BradC34
AG
I haven't seen it in game, but on the map it looks like someone started trying to rebuild G. Rollie to fit the footprint of the overlay.

I'm guessing whoever built it before didn't have the overlay to work with and built it to scale with Kyle Field (which actually isn't quite to scale).
wee_ag
AG
@ Seanmag1500 - Sweeeeet

@Brad - I hoping with the Kyle reno we can make it the proper scale.

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 2/21/2013 11:01p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.