MaroonCraft: The Aggieland Minecraft Build

87,717 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by theNetSmith
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WE'RE BACK!!!! Thanks to the efforts of user James Russell and another mystery Ag the MaroonCraft server is now back up and running! Visit the website for server info and to send a request to be whitelisted!

WHOOP!

www.marooncraft.com

Howdy!

A couple of years ago a group of Ags and Minecraft players started a project with the intent to build Kyle Field in Minecraft (originally called AggieCraft). It got off to a great start with some dedicated people that put in a lot of time and effort. This was the result:

After a longer than intended break, we are back at it with the goal of building the ENTIRE A&M campus in Minecraft. This project is huge and though we have a few dedicated builders, we are looking for help. If you would like to be a part of this EPIC project, we would love to have you.

Head over to the official thread on PointsMatter to be added to the server!

User list:
TexAg - Minecraft
AggieFox06 - ACheckovGun
Ganondorf - orange_monkey
ETexArmyAg - Agguy
dagm08 - third1022
seanmag1500 - texag
wee_ag - wee_ag
thewhiteegg
phil_mcgroin
buddycola
Hickory High - dj phatjamz
agfox06 - mrmrsirsir
xEpicTaco - snrclub224
earlybird
hoodmems
agravlin
RedAss2016 - godofjazz
plug10 AG - ags1087
Pilmer - pilmer
texag10
Blatant Disregard - luketamu05
tb9665 - tbrent1
spencer85
openjet
AggieinOhio - seaweedbob (future Ag)
theesquirefox
coppag92 - theswagmanlives
Bolthiel - bolthiel
huntbirmo - huntbirmo
shiznos55
Jmal13 - jmal13
bengalsrule
rtx12ag - miluaces
stark_ag - armydillo62o
mlball0423 - mlball0423
aneisch - crusties
fav13andac1)c - fav13andacdc
Sandman23 - rtsandel
coppag92 - swagginag
tbrent1
Pman17 - pman117
agguy
DrVanNostren - UrbanSombrero
boredatwork08 - Channeleaton

For those wondering, Minecraft is a sandbox-type game that is basically computer legos for adults. A demo can be downloaded, and the full game purchased, here: minecraft.net

The Aggieland build is set-up in Creative Mode where you can fly and have access to all block types. If you get tired of building and want to play the other game-modes, the server also offers an Adventure world and a Survival world (set-up with corresponding game-modes).

** UPDATE **
Thanks to all who are helping out now - you guys are awesome!

For the sake of uniformity of Mother Campus please use the following blocks for all sidewalks/roads:

Sidewalks - Light gray wool for most; Sandstone for tan areas (Kyle Field sidewalk, Military Walk, MSC)
Roads/Parking - Black wool, yellow wool and white wool

Also, as you build, if you start a new building, use "/setwarp building-name" to make a warp location so it's easy to get to quickly if needed. If you need help while you are on, don't hesitate to ask! (ALL HAIL THE WAND)

I also request you keep the rough language to a minimum as some future Ags may be joining us and I don't want to put that stuff in front of them (at least not on my server).

Thanks for your time and happy mining!

wee_ag

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 11/22/2013 1:51p).]

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 5/20/2014 1:42p).]
Phat32
AG
this is cool, if only to look at that map and watch your progress
Pman17
AG
I can make a new video when I get back.
kb2001
AG
Thanks for posting this. Looks like I'm on a different version though, I'll try and track down 1.4.5 so I can join and take a closer look
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
this is cool, if only to look at that map and watch your progress

This.

Although you may want to scrub out the swastika that's at 121,65,902...
wee_ag
AG
Updated OP with a link to the 1.4.5 jar to be compatible with our server.

Also scrubbed the swastika - great catch. I'll be sure to have a little talk with who ever put that there.
kbassil
AG
Glad to see this idea still alive.

Also, wanted to point out that this was all originally started by an Aggie overseas serving in our armed forces. The guy built the foundation for Kyle Field in his spare time. Eventually, he sent me what he had and that was the beginning of AggieCraft. I'll post his username when I can find it.
Pman17
AG
I did not know that. Cool!!!
Comeby!
AG
I showed my Minecraft kids (10 and 6) and they were amazed. They want to join but still need to work on their skills a bit.
Pman17
AG
I see y'all have been making progress on the MSC. I'll be on Wednesday. I'll start working on the military walk.
Phat32
AG
lol what is Snowville
agfox06
AG
Put in some roads this morning. I think we should standardize the roads at 7 in width.

And, (I don't know for sure 'cause I've only been back once since it was done) but isn't it just one road along the MSC between it and Kyle now?
Pman17
AG
Did you mean 7 meters?
There's a newly updated road between Rudder Tower and the stadium for those who haven't been on campus this year.
CDub06
AG
Interesting stuff going on with the east side of the map.
agfox06
AG
Yeah I was thinking 7 meters (1meter=1block). I measured a few roads in Google Maps and the come up between 6-8meters.

I'm working on the roads as i think that will show us obvious gaps and give us layout for the buildings. If there are concerns with this approach let me know.
wee_ag
AG
That's a GREAT approach. I stitched together about 100 images of the entire campus from Google Maps a while back (about 4 GB file) and am still trying to figure out a way to incorporate that into MC so we can build on top of it. Using it like a floorplan.
chilidogfood
AG
Light up the letters!
Pman17
AG
Yes, excellent idea to get the roads going. That's what I originally did on the lost version of the server last year. Makes it a lot easier for builders.
Pman17
AG
I will be on late tonight btw
ETexArmyAg
AG
The road framework is a great one for sure. Also, if there is anybody that can get pictures of the new MSC exterior so that I can incorporate that into the build. The 45 degree view on google maps doesn't have an updated view or a good view of the lower and covered areas. TIA

Also, is there a way that we can get a voice chat going in order to speed some of the coordination?

[This message has been edited by ETexArmyAg (edited 1/9/2013 4:28p).]
thewhiteegg
AG
Maybe this will help?

http://ourmsc.tamu.edu/tomorrow
ETexArmyAg
AG
I have been using that but the only places that it really show on the outside are the entrances and I don't have a good look at the outside of the Simpson drill field side from ground level.
agfox06
AG
Koldus is coming along. Slightly off on my front Entrance. How big a deal is it? Thoughts?
Pman17
AG
Not that big of a deal. We can always move it. I'm gonna see if I can get you World Edit Permissions soon.
Pilmer
AG
Is there any grunt work that would be needed? lol.
Pman17
AG
Definitely! We always need people to fill in the spaces.
ETexArmyAg
AG
Working on the rudder fountain area and all the road networks and green spaces will help with setting up for future buildings.
wee_ag
AG
Figured out how to import schematics of chunks of campus that we can build on top of! Reed arena and surrounding parking areas has been imported.

Next up - the Rec center

Check the map for updates!
Pman17
AG

What wee is talking about.

As you can see... Reed Arena construction has begun!

[This message has been edited by Pman17 (edited 1/12/2013 1:53a).]

[This message has been edited by Pman17 (edited 1/12/2013 1:53a).]
Pilmer
AG
I think you should build an actual bonfire and not the bonfire memorial.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Holy ****ing ****
ac04
awesome
ETexArmyAg
AG
As you fine gentlemen can see there is plenty of work to be done, but we are having things move along nicely. If there is a specific project you want to work on feel free. If you have questions feel free to ask about those too we could always use more help.
Pman17
AG
quote:
I think you should build an actual bonfire and not the bonfire memorial.

That's the plan
Pman17
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.