Building Kyle Field in Minecraft, need help

24,693 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by kbassil
kbassil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
*Update* time:

How do you all like what I added?

Texas Red
AG
This is looking good guys.

In this town there lived an outlaw by the name of Texas Red.
BradC34
AG
I left a note on the message board late last night but I'll post here too.

There should be a tunnel at the 50 of the alumni side. It goes under the stadium and there's actually a door to the concourse then there's a tunnel under the concourse that goes to the old locker rooms, which are now the SID offices.
BBYD09
AG
I finished a staircase heading out of one of the tunnels then had to go to work... this is great guys... and I will help as much as I can...

I also clicked a block beneath me(rule #1 of minecraft) and got trapped in the ocean below for a while
kbassil
AG
@BBY - I laughed audibly thinking of you trapped in that underground ocean. Sorry to hear about that.... but it was pretty funny

@Aggiecrafters - Do you guys mind please posting your work updates to TheNerdLounge too? We have almost 13 people from 4 different forums working on this, so not everyone will see your comments here while they will at T N L. It's cool if you post here too, but please remember to inform the others as well.

@Everyone Else - Thanks for all the positive feedback through all this. As Wee_ag mentioned above, we need feedback on some of the interior spaces and the "off limits" parts. We wants it to be as close to the real deal as possible.

Finally, we have one Aggiecrafter working on a Teaser video so you can really enjoy what we've done, as pictures just don't do it justice.
Mucho austin
AG
I was just about to request a walk through video of this.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Wish I had more time on my hands to get into minecraft.
howitzercannon
AG
Will it still be work to be done around Thanks giving? I will have free time long enough to play and would like to start my MC with this.
kbassil
AG
The honest answer is- It Depends. While the longterm goal is to build the entire A&M campus, it is too large a project for me to handle alone. As long as there is enough interest and traffic to justify it, I will continue to host the server.

*Best case scenario - one member mentioned possibly donating enough to allow us to have a dedicated server for 3 months. If this fleshes out, I will setup the server where people can hop on and help as they like. In other words, you would be able to build any TAMU building you choose, as long as it's in the correct location.

[This message has been edited by kbassil (edited 9/22/2011 9:43p).]
kbassil
AG
Had a good night of progress. At one point, we even had 5 people at the same time! Pretty cool. Some pics to tease you with:

-Group of us making sure the Press Box on the Alumni side is perfect

-Inside the top floor of the press box, looking nice... o wait... what's that way down on the field...
BradC34
AG
Well since it's been decided Olsen Field will be post-renovation, here's some concept art and the floor plans:

quote:
Renderings
1st Base Side
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15456/exterior%20facade.jpg

Entryway
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15481/entry%20facade.jpg

Dugout Suite
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15476/dugout%20suite.jpg

Club Room
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15461/club%20room.jpg

2nd Deck Suites
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15466/stadium%20suite%20exterior.jpg

2nd Deck Suite Interior
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15471/stadium%20suite%20interior.jpg

Construction Plans

Field Level
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15434/field.jpg

Concourse Level
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15439/councourse.jpg

2nd Deck/Suite Level
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15444/suite.jpg

Cross Section
www.12thmanfoundation.com/media/15449/cross%20section.jpg

As I said before, I'll be happy to take care of the actual diamond. I'll have to tweak the foul territory because the renovation is cutting out a few feet, but the field is fairly simple. The stadium itself shouldn't be too difficult thanks to the diagrams above. Working with one-meter blocks will tweak it like everything else we do, but it's workable.

I was working on the back side of 12th Man TV before I left this evening. I'll try to finish that up next time I'm on if someone else doesn't take it on (don't forget the TV needs moved to beyond the track). After that I'll check Google Earth and try to get the right position for Olsen in relation to Kyle.
AggieVictor10
AG
I would love to help but I honestly don't think I would be able to hang with y'all. This looks awesome.
kbassil
AG
@Aggiecrafters:

Please check the "Aggiecraft" thread on The Nerd Lounge. I have an update on a dedicated server!
howitzercannon
AG
So what has happened to thenerdlounge? It has been failing to open for me. I just registered as user too.
kbassil
AG
Really? I have no idea... It must be the (very cheap) host. From time to time, users complain about the website not resolving, but then it all works not 10 minutes later. Also, there has been no site maintenance today. Please let me know if the outage continues.
howitzercannon
AG
Yea, the moment I posted that, it was working again. It seemed like only a couple of places is where it was failing, but then it seemed to have fixed itself.
kbassil
AG
Buddy, a non TexAg, has created an awesome teaser video for us. check it out here-

www.thenerdlounge.com/Forum/Thread-Aggiecraft?pid=479#pid479

[This message has been edited by kbassil (edited 9/23/2011 10:21p).]
kbassil
AG
For those of you who have been waiting, the server is now back up.

Update for everyone else:
sts7049
AG
holy cow, this is sweet
kbassil
AG
@Aggiecrafters-

In a few short hours...

I will be introducing...

A brand new dedicated server, focused only on Aggiecraft.

I hope you're ready... cuz we have a lot of work to do before BF3 officially is released and everyone's interest momentarily fades.
AggieVictor10
AG
No words.
ja86
AG
wow! looking good!
howitzercannon
AG
there is a thread on here with a bad ass looking closed in version of Kyle field. Do you think we could go ahead and build the add-ons? Just to see what it would look like?
kbassil
AG
@How- I think we should finish the stadium as is first, take some pics and vids, then we can mess with it. Need to get a finished product first tho.
howitzercannon
AG
Yes, yes. Sometimes I like to get ahead of myself.
lawless89
the press boxes don't look anything like that on the inside
BradC34
AG
Oh yeah?
kbassil
AG
@Andrew-

Any chance you could post pics? We will redo them.
howitzercannon
AG
So, I'm trying to purchase minecraft, but I am unable to. Some how I can't use my credit card for 24hrs and it kept saying to insert a verification code that they would send to my phone. Never got it, and my newly registered account says thank you for the purchase, it should update with in the hour. That was last night, and it is still not working. Is this normal? How long do I need to wait for the Text message to send to me?
3rdGenAg06
AG
I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would your phone and a text message be involved in this purchase? I bought with my computer and paypal no problem.
howitzercannon
AG
Well, I click to buy now, and then put in my credit card info, and then it asks for my phone number because they will be sending me a verification code. I don't understand the whole process, but I am on the official site, at least I hope so, lol. And i can't seem to purchase the damn thing.
wee_ag
AG
Also didn't ask me for a cell number... make sure you are here: http://www.minecraft.net/store
howitzercannon
AG
Yep, that's exactly where I went. Clicked on buy now. It is telling me my card is not verified, then asks me for phone number to send a verification number to that i then would type into the box that they are providing for me to insert the sent verification code to my phone.

howitzercannon
AG
Figured out the problem. It doesn't allow for credit cards to be used in the US, so set up a Paypal and went that route.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
i could never get into minecraft but this is seriously badass
kbassil
AG
Just threw together a quick Work In Progress video for you guys. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Jzw1Aw1ac

*And thanks for all the support, guys. That's what keeps us working on projects this large.

[This message has been edited by kbassil (edited 10/4/2011 8:20a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.