Newest US News rankings

10,628 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BoDog
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

A&M of course would rather partner with a Blinn community college than make use of their own system schools
This is what really frustrates me. Drop the Blinn Team program and do something similar to it with our system schools.
oragator
https://www.forbes.com/value-colleges/list/

Not posted for where UF is (our tuition is way too low so these are a mixed blessing for us in non-return based rankings) , but how far down you guys and UT have fallen. Surprised me.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Why so inexpensive to attend UF?
oragator
AgOutsideAustin said:

Why so inexpensive to attend UF?

Just always been that way, the culture in the state was to keep costs down so that it was affordable. For a while we were increasing 15% annually to try and catch up, but the current governor has slowed that down and we are falling behind again in revenues.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Not trying to get into a generation debate on here TexasAggie89 but do you think the school is held in higher regard in 2017 or back in 1980 when these CEO's were in school?

I understand past success of students doesn't represent future success of students. I would think that if we lead the world in CEO's right now with former students, then the future looks very promising. From all accounts according to my father and his friends that graduated in the mid 80's, the school is A LOT harder to get into now and the degree is worth a lot more than it was then. Like I said, I do not want to make it sound like younger people had it harder or anything like that. My whole point is that I would hope that we will have a lot more CEO's in the future, more so than we currently do which would be great.
BourbonandBeretta
Not to mention that A&M and College Station does not have the infrastructure to support this increasing enrollment. I would rather be stuck in downtown houston at 5pm than george bush and wellborn at 5pm.
ChemEAg08
AG
As someone who works for a company who's CEO was mentioned in the last page, I can say that A&M still holds very high regard when it comes to recruiting and there are a bunch of us around.
TAMU1990
AG
terata said:

Are we, as current and former students, just totally ignored by the BOR? There's nothing we can do about the steady decline in academic quality?
Yes, Curry still has a job.
wesag
AG
Wendy 1990 said:

terata said:

Are we, as current and former students, just totally ignored by the BOR? There's nothing we can do about the steady decline in academic quality?
Yes, Curry still has a job.

The BOR answers to the governor and is influenced a little by state legislators. That's the long and short of it. It's a flawed system and they don't answer to us.
BoDog
AG
Sad state of affairs. I don't really want my kids going to a school with over 70k students. If TU wasn't in Austin, I would probably push them there (God, I cannot believe I said that).

Honestly out of state seems more and more attractive. If by the grace of God any of my kids can get in Vanderbilt then problem solved. To me, its perfect. Top academics, in the south, city of Nashville, SEC. What's not to like?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.