Georgia Police shooting (rubber bullets) at Emory University protestors

8,917 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by jwhaby
InfantryAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Space-Tech said:

It's sickening to see "Americans" cheer on the brutality of the police state against the constitutional right to assemble just because they don't fall in line with your ideology.
You are an enabler for lawbreakers.

Conflating legal and peaceable protests with this organized criminal activity is a de-facto assault on the First Amendment.

That's what's really sickening.
Agthatbuilds
Professor of meth and tents, perhaps
jwhaby
schmellba99 said:

jwhaby said:

DCPD158 said:

Space-Tech said:

It's sickening to see "Americans" cheer on the brutality of the police state against the constitutional right to assemble just because they don't fall in line with your ideology.

Their Constitutional rights end when those rights interfere with my Constitutional rights.

I'm relatively ignorant of the claims from both sides, so I'm pretty agnostic to this debate. What constitutional rights were interfered with?
You don't have the constitutional right to threaten, harass or physically intimidate/harm somebody else

Absolutely. I just couldn't tell what the protesters had done from that video. If they threatened people or physically harmed them, then they should be arrested and prosecuted. However, if what they said was crass or offensive, then that's just their opinion and it's a matter of free speech. There's definitely a distinction.
Space-Tech
InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

Conflating legal and peaceable protests with this organized criminal activity is a de-facto assault on the First Amendment.

You're really hoping for a Kent State 2.0, aren't you?
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Raiderjay said:

It's sickening to see "Americans" cheer on the brutality of a terrorist state and infringe against the constitutional rights of a people to attend their university just because they don't fall in line with your ideology. /FIFY
Fact check : college professors are not Americans. They are communist and have been for a long time
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Urban Ag
AG
Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

Projection.

When you can't defend your position, project, project, project.

techno-ag
AG
Build It said:

From Emory…………………

April 25, 2024

Dear Emory Community,

I'm writing to share further information about the events that took place on our Atlanta campus earlier today and the actions taken by the Emory Police Department (EPD).

At 7:41 a.m. a few dozen protestors arrived on campus. When they arrived, these individuals ignored and pushed past EPD officers stationed on the Quad and set up tents in an area where equipment and materials were staged for Commencement. Based on their actions and refusal to confirm their connection to Emory, EPD made the assessment that these individuals were not Emory community members. Officers with the Atlanta Police Department and Georgia State Patrol were then called to provide further assistance. Around this time, several social media accounts announced a protest and occupation of the Quad and issued a public call for non-Emory community members to join them.

EPD issued multiple warnings at different intervals advising individuals in the encampment that they were trespassing on private property and instructing them to leave. When those requests were ignored, Atlanta Police and Georgia State Patrol officers assisted EPD with dispersing the crowd and taking individuals into custody for criminal trespass.

During this process and the subsequent confrontations, objects were thrown at police officers. To our knowledge at this time, an individual attacked a non-EPD officer and appears to have been tased. Video of this incident has been widely shared on social media. Based on current information, this individual is not a member of the Emory community. Due to the direct assault of officers, law enforcement released chemical irritants into the ground to assist with crowd control.

As of this message, we have been notified that 28 individuals have been arrested, including 20 Emory community members, some of whom have been released. We are working with responding agencies to expedite the release of any Emory community members who remain in custody.

Our primary goal today was clearing the Quad of a disruptive encampment while holding individuals accountable to the law.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Elliott
Emory University Vice President for Public Safety
Sounds like some outside community organizers were bused in.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
FrioAg 00
AG
Space-Tech said:

Cheering for anti-American terrorists who chant "death to America" is not an ideological stance. They should be happy it's the law abiding cops arresting their sorry asses and not the Fed up citizens fighting back, at this point.
MelvinUdall
GeorgiAg said:

I am available to shoot a few if need be. I have a potato launcher upper for an AR15 that would be non-lethal. I could load it up with bacon.

Just think, you share something in common with these protestors, you all voted for Biden.
TAMUallen
AG
Pretty clear that the model to stopping this crap is to hit them hard and arrest them before the paid operatives establish themselves to blend in with woke college pawns.

Plus, arrest the paid instigators and you gather intel but also give them a criminal history for this crap
InfantryAg
AG
Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

nice strawman response.
MelvinUdall
Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

What a beta.
zag213004
AG
techno-ag said:

Build It said:

From Emory…………………

April 25, 2024

Dear Emory Community,

I'm writing to share further information about the events that took place on our Atlanta campus earlier today and the actions taken by the Emory Police Department (EPD).

At 7:41 a.m. a few dozen protestors arrived on campus. When they arrived, these individuals ignored and pushed past EPD officers stationed on the Quad and set up tents in an area where equipment and materials were staged for Commencement. Based on their actions and refusal to confirm their connection to Emory, EPD made the assessment that these individuals were not Emory community members. Officers with the Atlanta Police Department and Georgia State Patrol were then called to provide further assistance. Around this time, several social media accounts announced a protest and occupation of the Quad and issued a public call for non-Emory community members to join them.

EPD issued multiple warnings at different intervals advising individuals in the encampment that they were trespassing on private property and instructing them to leave. When those requests were ignored, Atlanta Police and Georgia State Patrol officers assisted EPD with dispersing the crowd and taking individuals into custody for criminal trespass.

During this process and the subsequent confrontations, objects were thrown at police officers. To our knowledge at this time, an individual attacked a non-EPD officer and appears to have been tased. Video of this incident has been widely shared on social media. Based on current information, this individual is not a member of the Emory community. Due to the direct assault of officers, law enforcement released chemical irritants into the ground to assist with crowd control.

As of this message, we have been notified that 28 individuals have been arrested, including 20 Emory community members, some of whom have been released. We are working with responding agencies to expedite the release of any Emory community members who remain in custody.

Our primary goal today was clearing the Quad of a disruptive encampment while holding individuals accountable to the law.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Elliott
Emory University Vice President for Public Safety
Sounds like some outside community organizers were bused in.

I'm all for the protection of the first amendment but when non students begin trespassing on private property... Get them the hell out!
BigRobSA
Space-Tech said:

Tums, Tums, Tums, TUUUUMS!
Trajan88
AG
Would these protesters prefer a wood shampoo... a water cannon .... tear gas (lthey use that **** on crowds") instead?
2023NCAggies
Wrong state Morons. Move north
AggieMD95
AG
Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

Melodrama much ?
Faustus
annie88 said:

Good.

Time for these little terrorists to face consequences.

They are vile anti-semitic morons, causing havoc and proving nothing. They've never had to face any consequences of their actions.

Expel them all for life deport those on visas.

It's a little funny schadenfreude is being applied to Palestinian sympathizers rather than the Jewish folk this go round, to Germany's vast relief.

Also you can tell we don't have a lot of home grown terrorism to call the unruly protestors terrorists. Hey Israel, you wouldn't believe how bad it was on campus the other day.
AggieVictor10
AG
AggieMD95 said:

Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

Melodrama much ?

They wrong?
ts5641
Rubber bullets? It's a good start.
45-70Ag
AG
I'd like to see police set up with an m240b firing rubber bullets at these idiots.
fixer
My gosh that looked like daycare in the 1980s.

There are alot of adults in this country that never matured past the age of 10.
fixer
richardag said:

Wonder if remote teaching from a prison cell is allowed?
The police should totally use this line at every occasion they get.
Aggie Infantry
AG
You have the right to peaceably assemble and to redress your government.

1. This is not peaceful.
2. They are not addressing their government.

Not protected.
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
Foreverconservative
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
bobbranco
AG
Dumbass antisemite professor.
jpb1999
AG
Foreverconservative said:

O.K., I laughed out loud on this one.

Spane Bohem

BQ78
AG
Guess the Poo poo didn't get the memo about the eliteness of professors.
annie88
AG
Space-Tech said:

Actually it is sickening to see people on here making such ignorant comments like this. Truly, the dumbest post of the day. This isn't about disagreeing about methodology or politics. These are violent people supporting and defending rapists and murderers and terrorism and actively trying to hurt Jewish people by word and deed. They are truly no better than KKK members.

They think they can do whatever they want, that they have a right to be there and continue this violence when they have been asked to leave and then they're pretending they're the victims when the police are coming in to remove them.

You should absolutely be ashamed of yourself for trying to pull this **** and I don't know who the four people that agreed with you are but they should be embarrassed too. Grow up.

techno-ag
AG
jpb1999 said:

Foreverconservative said:

O.K., I laughed out loud on this one.
Do not resist. Do what the officer says. It's not rocket surgery.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
richardag
Space-Tech said:

InfantryAg said:

Space-Tech said:

You are accusing the wrong people that are hoping for a "Kent State 2.0".

The people who are hoping for a Kent State 2.0 are the unseen backers of these unlawful gatherings and the Democratic Party leadership. Both of those groups backing these assaults on the rule of law do not give a **** what happens to the minions they are manipulating.
Spotted Ag
AG
Would some of you stop with the "It's sad to see posters cheering on the violation of free speech and protest." They aren't protesting and it's not free speech. Some of what they are doing is that. Most is not. They are interfering with day to day business and commerce. They are free to protest and speak out of the way so that others can go on about their business. They have NO right to disrupt people's lives with their antisemitism. If they are told to move to a different location then they should move or face arrest. Plain and simple. Some of you always trumpet how "rights aren't unlimited or unregulated" especially about firearms. Guess it's time to live by your own words. All rights must be treated the same. Some rights are NOT more equal than others.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
akm91
AG
jwhaby said:

schmellba99 said:

jwhaby said:

DCPD158 said:

Space-Tech said:

Their Constitutional rights end when those rights interfere with my Constitutional rights.

I'm relatively ignorant of the claims from both sides, so I'm pretty agnostic to this debate. What constitutional rights were interfered with?
You don't have the constitutional right to threaten, harass or physically intimidate/harm somebody else

Absolutely. I just couldn't tell what the protesters had done from that video. If they threatened people or physically harmed them, then they should be arrested and prosecuted. However, if what they said was crass or offensive, then that's just their opinion and it's a matter of free speech. There's definitely a distinction.
Other than breaking the law by trespassing on private property and not vacating when directed to by LEO?
captkirk
AG
Nice form

BQ78
AG
Kirby wonders if he has eligibility

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.