Rabbi warns Columbia Jewish students return home ASAP

7,044 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by nortex97
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Terrible what is happening at Columbia and Yale! It's time for the Democrat regimes up there to treat the protestors the way they would treat Republicans.

Edit - just to clarify that the Angry face is for the protestors.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13333631/columbia-university-rabbi-warning-jewish-students-israel-hamas-protests.html
Quote:

Columbia University rabbi issues shocking warning to Jewish students amid fears of 'extreme anti-Semitism' on campus including pro-Hamas sentiment
  • Rabbi Elie Buechler cautioned the students against returning to campus
  • The warning came amid a days-long protest that saw more than 100 arrested
By MACKENZIE TATANANNI FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:14 EDT, 21 April 2024 | UPDATED: 15:05 EDT, 21 April 2024

A rabbi at Columbia University has cautioned Jewish students against returning to campus due to 'extreme antisemitism' amid a days-long protest in support of Palestine.

Rabbi Elie Buechler of the Columbia/Barnard Hillel issued a warning to students on Sunday morning in a statement obtained by DailyMail.com.

'What we are witnessing in and around campus is terrible and tragic,' Buechler wrote.

'The events of the last few days, especially last night, have made it clear that Columbia University's Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students' safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy.'

Dozens of New York Police Department officers entered the 'Gaza solidarity camp' organized by student demonstrators on Wednesday.

More than 100 protestors were arrested, an NYPD spokesperson confirmed to DailyMail.com.

Ten have been charged so far, mostly with resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration.

A large group of demonstrators met outside the university gates on Saturday while student protestors returned to the main lawn, waving flags and chanting.

'It deeply pains me to say that I would strongly recommend you return home as soon as possible and remain home until the reality in and around campus has dramatically improved,' Buechler wrote.

'It is not our job as Jews to ensure our own safety on campus. No one should have to endure this level of hatred, let alone at school.'.....

https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/jewish-yale-student-stabbed-in-the-eye-with-palestinian-flag-during-protest/
Quote:

Jewish Yale student journalist stabbed in the eye with Palestinian flag during protest
By Social Links forRonny Reyes
Published April 21, 2024, 12:51 p.m. ET

A Jewish Yale student journalist reporting on an anti-Israeli protest at the Ivy League university Saturday night was stabbed in the eye with a Palestinian flag with her assailant going unpunished.

Sahar Tartak, the editor-in-chief of the Yale Free Press, was covering the protest which saw hundreds of students camping at the campus in support of Palestinians when she was suddenly surrounded by demonstrators.

Tartak said she and a friend were signaled out for wearing Hasidic Jewish attire as the crowd formed a blockade around them to interfere with their filming.

"There's hundreds of people taunting me and waving the middle finger at me, and then this person waves a Palestinian flag in my face and jabs it in my eye," Tartak told The Post.

"When I tried to yell and go after him, the protesters got in a line and stopped me," she added.

Tartak, who was shopping for an eyepatch when speaking with The Post, said she tried to report the assault to campus police, but they told her there was nothing they could do.

Instead, she just got an ambulance ride to the hospital to get her eye checked out....

Jack Squat 83
AG
I wonder what would happen if every Jewish student transferred out of these hamas-loving/virtue-signaling "elite " universities?

Talk about millions drying up in a hurry. Let the useful idiots try to pay the bloated salaries for all of those Marxist profs.

I bet all of this nonsense would change in a hurry.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Logos Stick
Don't vote for Dems and this kind of crap would not be allowed.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
How many of these "Jews" voted for all this?

Yup. Just about all of them.
doubledog
Logos Stick said:

I would bet good money that Rabbi Elie Buechler (Columbia) votes for Democrats, past, present and future.
damiond
people who support terrorists could do anything
richardag
Never in my 72 years on this planet would I have imagined the blatant anti semitism in this country. My father's generation lost many people, sacrificed so much to end this bull***** Our educational system is a corrupted complete failure.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
annie88
AG
Quote:

Terrible what is happening at Columbia and Yale all over America and even in Congress.
fify
FIDO95
AG
This crap has been brewing for years. The below is a conversation between Peterson and Yeonmi Park from 2 years ago. Her conclusion after attending Columbia from 2016-2020 was that she had to censor herself to survive. Her life there was no different then her experience living in North Korea… left that sink in. It wasn't a place of higher learning. It was a place of indoctrination no different then an authoritarian state. The people coming out of there are the future leaders of this country. Hold on to your hats, this ride is going to get ugly.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SA68AG
AG
Does anyone know a single Jew who spoke out against harassing and,canceling and making threats against conservative Christian students or Trump supporters ?

one safe place
Jack Squat 83 said:

I wonder what would happen if every Jewish student transferred out of these hamas-loving/virtue-signaling "elite " universities?

Talk about millions drying up in a hurry. Let the useful idiots try to pay the bloated salaries for all of those Marxist profs.

I bet all of this nonsense would change in a hurry.
I would love to see numerous employers announce they will not interview or hire anyone from these elite universities.
OldArmy71
AG
richardag said:

Never in my 72 years on this planet would I have imagined the blatant anti semitism in this country. My father's generation lost many people, sacrificed so much to end this bull***** Our educational system is a corrupted complete failure.

I fully agree.

I have a hard time grappling with the reality that there are thousands upon thousands of rabid HAMAS supporters here threatening and terrorizing and assaulting Jews and Israelis all across our country. And the number of fellow travelers who embrace these beliefs and tactics frightens me.

What a disaster.
ExPeterKeating
SA68AG said:

Does anyone know a single Jew who spoke out against harassing and,canceling and making threats against conservative Christian students or Trump supporters ?

Nope. I used to have sympathy for the American Jew. Not anymore. They voted for every bit of this. Until they stop electing and voting for ruling managers who hate them, the current conditions will simply need to worsen. It is interesting that they learned nothing from their past. Christians are not far behind. There are still too many yellow dog democrat Christians voting for leftist marxists who only want to destroy people of faith.
TexAgs91
AG
Are Jews really still giving their support to dems/Marxists? Seems like they must prioritize something else over bring a Jew. Like being a communist.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
ExPeterKeating
TexAgs91 said:

Are Jews really still giving their support to dems/Marxists? Seems like they must prioritize something else over bring a Jew. Like being a communist.
Uh, wake up. Biden received 77% of the Jewish vote in 2020. Discernment is NOT their strength.

I would imagine the Orthodox Jew may, if they vote, vote more conservative. Not sure.
Ellis Wyatt
SA68AG said:

Mark Levin. He is outspoken about the idiocy of Jews voting for democrats.
Faustus
TexAgs91 said:

Or they're socially liberal concerned moderates. Israel itself was far more Marxist for most of its history than anything we dabble in here.

And the most conservative in Israel (the orthodox) are the ones living on the state dime while largely escaping mandatory military service. The world's a complicated place.
Nanomachines son
WolfCall said:

Terrible what is happening at Columbia and Yale! It's time for the Democrat regimes up there to treat the protestors the way they would treat Republicans.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13333631/columbia-university-rabbi-warning-jewish-students-israel-hamas-protests.html
Quote:

Columbia University rabbi issues shocking warning to Jewish students amid fears of 'extreme anti-Semitism' on campus including pro-Hamas sentiment

A rabbi at Columbia University has cautioned Jewish students against returning to campus due to 'extreme antisemitism' amid a days-long protest in support of Palestine.

Rabbi Elie Buechler of the Columbia/Barnard Hillel issued a warning to students on Sunday morning in a statement obtained by DailyMail.com.

'What we are witnessing in and around campus is terrible and tragic,' Buechler wrote.

'The events of the last few days, especially last night, have made it clear that Columbia University's Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students' safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy.'

Dozens of New York Police Department officers entered the 'Gaza solidarity camp' organized by student demonstrators on Wednesday.

More than 100 protestors were arrested, an NYPD spokesperson confirmed to DailyMail.com.

Ten have been charged so far, mostly with resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration.

A large group of demonstrators met outside the university gates on Saturday while student protestors returned to the main lawn, waving flags and chanting.

'It deeply pains me to say that I would strongly recommend you return home as soon as possible and remain home until the reality in and around campus has dramatically improved,' Buechler wrote.

'It is not our job as Jews to ensure our own safety on campus. No one should have to endure this level of hatred, let alone at school.'.....

https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/jewish-yale-student-stabbed-in-the-eye-with-palestinian-flag-during-protest/
Quote:

Jewish Yale student journalist stabbed in the eye with Palestinian flag during protest

A Jewish Yale student journalist reporting on an anti-Israeli protest at the Ivy League university Saturday night was stabbed in the eye with a Palestinian flag with her assailant going unpunished.

Sahar Tartak, the editor-in-chief of the Yale Free Press, was covering the protest which saw hundreds of students camping at the campus in support of Palestinians when she was suddenly surrounded by demonstrators.

Tartak said she and a friend were signaled out for wearing Hasidic Jewish attire as the crowd formed a blockade around them to interfere with their filming.

"There's hundreds of people taunting me and waving the middle finger at me, and then this person waves a Palestinian flag in my face and jabs it in my eye," Tartak told The Post.

"When I tried to yell and go after him, the protesters got in a line and stopped me," she added.

Tartak, who was shopping for an eyepatch when speaking with The Post, said she tried to report the assault to campus police, but they told her there was nothing they could do.

Instead, she just got an ambulance ride to the hospital to get her eye checked out....

These morons all voted for this. I don't feel sorry for them, at all. They deserve this.
Nanomachines son
TexAgs91 said:

The overwhelming majority of Jews vote left. If they went to an Ivy League School, that number goes up to like 90%. I could not care less that they are reaping what they have sewn.
zoneag
Didn't the predominantly Jewish Frankfurt School relocate from Germany to Columbia U and then birth the corrosive garbage known as critical theory? And then it was used for decades to promote anti-white and anti-Christian hate? Seems like the monster has turned on its creators.
APHIS AG
Logos Stick said:

For some reason Jews vote for Democrats in overwhelming numbers knowing that Democrats hate them.

I guess that they do not believe, like the ones in Germany in the 1930's, that Democrats will do no harm.

History repeats itself.
DrZ
AG
Baby killing and jew hating have been around for a long time.
ttu_85
ExPeterKeating said:

TexAgs91 said:

Uh, wake up. Biden received 77% of the Jewish vote in 2020. Discernment is NOT their strength.

I would imagine the Orthodox Jew may, if they vote, vote more conservative. Not sure.
The Orthodox have been turning out voting for republicans. They are not the same thing as the old secular guard. It might help some of you all to know Jews are not some unified body. They like many groups come in different ideological and religious flavors. There has big a big movement of younger orthodox Jews coming into the republican fold before Oct 7th. I bet that has accelerated dramatically.
ttu_85
Nanomachines son said:

WolfCall said:

Quote:

Quote:

These morons all voted for this. I don't feel sorry for them, at all. They deserve this.
Did they please post your sources. They used to but thats been changing for a while now. So why not welcome those that see the light !!!
TexAgs91
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TexAgs91 said:

The overwhelming majority of Jews vote left. If they went to an Ivy League School, that number goes up to like 90%. I could not care less that they are reaping what they have sewn.

So anyways, Palestinians in the US also vote left. But they took a stand against the administration* over the Israel/Hamas war. The Jews didn't. Why the difference? Do Jews really put communism over their religion?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
ttu_85
TexAgs91 said:

Nanomachines son said:

TexAgs91 said:

So anyways, Palestinians in the US also vote left. But they took a stand against the administration* over the Israel/Hamas war. The Jews didn't. Why the difference? Do Jews really put communism over their religion?
Well communism is a mental illness steeped in the sins of Envy and Guilt. So yes some Jews like WASP do put Communism over their religion.

Their are idiots in every population. The issue is not Jewish or Christian- its are they a maniacal commie ?
TexAgs91
AG
ttu_85 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Nanomachines son said:

TexAgs91 said:

Well communism is a mental illness steeped in the sins of Envy and Guilt. So yes some Jews like WASP do put Communism over their religion.

Their are idiots in every population. The issue is not Jewish or Christian- its are they a maniacal commie ?

Why do you think I'm talking about a few idiots in a population? I said the Jews. The Jew population in the US.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
ttu_85
TexAgs91 said:

ttu_85 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Nanomachines son said:

TexAgs91 said:

Why do you think I'm talking about a few idiots in a population? I said the Jews. The Jew population in the US.
I see you edited your post. Good thing you did because, no, it was not clear at all.
YouBet
AG
TexAgs91 said:

In the US, they are second dumbest voting bloc behind blacks.
Little Rock Ag
AG
We are in the waning days of our Weimar Republic. Funny how "enlightened" morality-free societies turn into bastions of hate, and tragic how it repeats itself yet again.
Muy
AG
"'It is not our job as Jews to ensure our own safety on campus. No one should have to endure this level of hatred, let alone at school.'....."

Actually Rabi, if you weren't a Democrat (we know you are", it IS the responsibility of everyone to ensure their own safety and get out of your mindset that the police will get there before someone harms you.
Triple S
S
The Chicken Ranch said:

Ummmmmmmmm….. No.

Orthodox Jews are usually voting Republican. Conservative Jews are split 50/50…….

But still not close to "just about all"
"Eat more do-nuts and less lists" - Dennis Franchonie
Ag with kids
AG
SA68AG said:

First, they came for MAGA...

Apparently, those Jews didn't actually understand the quote...
Muktheduck
SA68AG said:

Well yes, there were plenty who spoke against it. If we're being honest though, most of them supported it. It was fine when it was anti-white, now that it's anti-semitic it must be stopped.

And yeah, it should be stopped. **** the Hamas protestors. But don't expect white conservatives to go to bat for you when you've been demonizing them for the last decade. I dont hope for any level of violence against any leftist Jew. But there's a big steaming pile of irony that the group they've labeled as neo-nazis is now the very people they're relying on to combat the cultists that they indoctrinated.
C@LAg
Triple S said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Ummmmmmmmm….. No.

Orthodox Jews are usually voting Republican. Conservative Jews are split 50/50…….

But still not close to "just about all"
so at best... Republicans might get somewhere between 25 and 33% of the Jewish vote.

that does not change the outcome or reflect a change in outcome.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.