Robert Jeffress lays into 'pantywaisted, weak-kneed Christians' who won't go Trump

7,227 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Macarthur
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, Mr Jeffers. I'm convinced. Your whole-hearted acceptance of Jesus Christ and embodiment of His teachings and life is an inspiration to us all.

Seriously though, is there anything worse about Christianity than "pastors" like this? It is probably the thing that bothers me the most about being a non-denominational Protestant. Any idiot can stand up in a church with a microphone and claim to speak for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
diehard03
Be careful. We have some in this community who like their male role models to be burly men with mustaches and don't talk about their feelings or their brokenness.
ramblin_ag02
AG
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/megachurch-pastor-robert-jeffress-would-vote-for-trump-over-jesus-the-bible-calls-for-a-strongman/

quote:
When I'm looking for somebody who's going to deal with ISIS and exterminate ISIS, I don't care about that candidate's tone or vocabulary, I want the meanest, toughest, son of a you-know-what I can find and I believe that's biblical."

It's like he's channelling Jesus.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
He literally is the worst. Grew up around WF where he was before Dallas. Know several people that worked for him. Let's just say he's as big of a fraud and Ahole as you might imagine.

The guy is a bad human being.
PacifistAg
AG
Jeffress is a great example of when people talk about the abomination that is Americanized Christianity.
PacifistAg
AG
Honestly, I don't see how any Christian member could tolerate him remaining on as pastor there. He's not even hiding his preference for the powers of the world over Christ at this point.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm with you there. I honestly don't know what is worse: Him or his giant congregation. Kind of sad that some people really think that God wants them listening to stuff like this every Sunday. DFW has plenty of really great unaffiliated bible preachers, and yet they continue to show up for this guy.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Who is he? I've never heard of him... But I'm a bit of a hermit in regards to these things...
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Who is he? I've never heard of him... But I'm a bit of a hermit in regards to these things...
He's the "pastor" at First Baptist Dallas.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
I'm with you there. I honestly don't know what is worse: Him or his giant congregation. Kind of sad that some people really think that God wants them listening to stuff like this every Sunday. DFW has plenty of really great unaffiliated bible preachers, and yet they continue to show up for this guy.
Agreed.
PacifistAg
AG
Speaking of pastors that have no business being behind a pulpit:

Alabama Pastor Allen Joyner Says People Who Don't Stand For The National Anthem Should Be Shot

ramblin_ag02
AG
I must be really out of touch with current Baptist teachings.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
I must be really out of touch with current Baptist teachings.
It's why I call myself a recovering Baptist. I saw somewhere that this particular pastor is an Independent Fundamental Baptist. That's the bubble I grew up in and am not surprised at all. It's a bubble that left me scarred and nearly rejecting faith altoghether.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Jeffress is a great example of when people talk about the abomination that is Americanized Christianity.
"people"
747Ag
AG
quote:

Alabama Pastor Allen Joyner Says People Who Don't Stand For The National Anthem Should Be Shot
Let's do this, for such is the wages of sin.

PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
"people"
Yes, "people". Then again, I knew once I posted anything related to a Baptist, you would show up.
Martin Q. Blank
On the bright side, the blood of American Christianity will be the seed of the church.
PacifistAg
AG
I'm assuming that, as a non-stander, I won't be getting one of those.
747Ag
AG
quote:
I'm assuming that, as a non-stander, I won't be getting one of those.
Take your pick, amigo.
UTExan
quote:
Be careful. We have some in this community who like their male role models to be burly men with mustaches and don't talk about their feelings or their brokenness.
Funny, David did exactly that and killed many enemies while being the beloved child of God.
Frok
AG
quote:

Ignored would be preferred.
Post removed:
by user
Frok
AG
Maybe so but if we just stop putting the camera on them to make it a big story it would go away.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Maybe so but if we just stop putting the camera on them to make it a big story it would go away.

It's not that we put a camera on him. He made his statement while announcing a high school football game. There's no way a supposedly Christian pastor can advocate the execution of those that refuse to stand for the anthem without it becoming a story.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Funny, David did exactly that and killed many enemies while being the beloved child of God.

David didn't talk about his feelings or brokenness? Also, he was barred from building the Temple because of all the killing he did.
Sapper Redux
I think his point is that David did talk about his feelings, etc.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
I think his point is that David did talk about his feelings, etc.

Ah okay. Now I see it.
Frok
AG
quote:
quote:

It's not that we put a camera on him. He made his statement while announcing a high school football game. There's no way a supposedly Christian pastor can advocate the execution of those that refuse to stand for the anthem without it becoming a story.

I was referring to the NFL players, not the pastor.
diehard03
quote:

Why would you want it to go away? This whole police brutality thing is a defining American cultural event. It needs to stay, imo.
Solo Tetherball Champ
I get annoyed as any at the panty-waisted christians out there, but I may not vote for Trump. I'm seriously considering not voting in the presidential election.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was referring to the NFL players, not the pastor.
My bad.

Even so, I applaud the players and hope they continue to put the camera on them.
Macarthur
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/first-baptist-dallas-pastor-robert-jeffress-plans-to-breach-the-wall-between-church-and-state-8699632

And right on que. What a jackass.
Frok
AG
quote:
quote:

Why would you want it to go away?

Because I find it annoying. Nothing is going to happen from them kneeling other than giving ESPN and all the news outlets something to talk about.

PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why would you want it to go away?

Because I find it annoying. Nothing is going to happen from them kneeling other than giving ESPN and all the news outlets something to talk about.
But stuff has happened already. Millions have been donated as a result. An interesting dialogue, once you get past all the vitriol, has also emerged.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/first-baptist-dallas-pastor-robert-jeffress-plans-to-breach-the-wall-between-church-and-state-8699632

And right on que. What a jackass.
He's what Brian Zahnd would refer to as a chaplain for the empire.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.