Bluey - The Sign

11,242 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by maroon barchetta
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Faceytalk. Freaking hilarious.

jokershady
AG
hell this thread made me go back on my phone during a lunch break and watch some of my favorites...

it's a just a really wholesome show that everyone can relate to and understand....but what makes it even better is that the episodes can be so unique folks can have a different set of favorites and it all be for the right reasons because these episodes can resonate for different reasons with people....

i would love for there to be a documentary done at some point on the creators of this show going over how they created it and came up with these ideas for the show....i'd be just as interested in that as i was for the behind the scenes stuff for the first 3 star wars movies with ILM
fig96
AG
My favorite subtle Bandit line, from The Show:

Chili: I don't remember the queen being there.

Bandit: Yeah, you wouldn't.
Ag87H2O
AG
JABQ04 said:

Faceytalk. Freaking hilarious.

That was it. It made me laugh because it reminded me of my two year old grandson taking the phone from my four year old granddaughter during a facetime call and all hell breaking lose.

All I could hear is my granddaughter screaming and my grandson running with the phone with my daughter nowhere to be found. And I spent the rest of the call staring at the ceiling as it rolled by above my sprinting grandson.
fig96
AG
Ag87H2O said:

fig96 said:

double aught said:

fig96 said:

Love that episode but the ending was spoiled by my kids watching it before I got to see the whole ep.

And while not as emotional an episode, Granny Mobile legit cracks me up every time. Unicorse is also pretty epic.
Granny Mobile is 8 minutes of nonstop hilarity. I love it.
YOU PAINT IT.
I have seen my grandkids watching Bluey for years and never paid much attention, but I did sit down with them and watch an episode a few weeks ago where mom left dad in charge and Bluey or Bingo or a cousin ran away with a cell phone the dad was trying to take away. Don't know the name of the episode, but I thought it was hilarious.

I also watched The Sign with them last weekend and thought it was fantastic. I can't believe it has made me interested in going back to binge watch a blasted cartoon.
It's really exceptional storytelling, I'm amazed at how good every episode is. And yeah, Faceytalk is hilarious and Muffin (the cousin) is just pure entertainment every time.

Check out Granny Mobile in s3 for more of her, it's one of my faves.
ExpressAg11
AG
And the most impressive thing is each episode other than The Sign is like 8 minutes long. To pack as much emotion and story into that quick a timeframe each episode is wild.
The Shank Ag
The fact we are all grown adults here debating an episode and our list of favorite episode of a kids show about animated dogs gives me hope for humanity, even if it means moving to Australia (yes; I know, let's not make this political)
ABATTBQ11
AG
jokershady said:

hell this thread made me go back on my phone during a lunch break and watch some of my favorites...

it's a just a really wholesome show that everyone can relate to and understand....but what makes it even better is that the episodes can be so unique folks can have a different set of favorites and it all be for the right reasons because these episodes can resonate for different reasons with people....

i would love for there to be a documentary done at some point on the creators of this show going over how they created it and came up with these ideas for the show....i'd be just as interested in that as i was for the behind the scenes stuff for the first 3 star wars movies with ILM

In Stickbird, Joe Brumm was upset about some of the negative criticism of the show and some censoring going on. The line from Bandit, "But when you put something beautiful out into the world, it's no longer yours really," was a direct reflection of what he was feeling about the show at the time and put in because of that. It's also why Bandit was sad during the episode.

But yeah, I'd love to see stuff like that. The storytelling is just incredible.
redline248
AG
I keep trying to make a list of my favorite episodes, but I pretty much love them all. Some are hilarious and some are just wholesome feel good.

Yeah, anything with muffin is a hoot, even down to Bluey and Bingo demonstrating how she will act if she gets the wrong toy in Quiet Game

After Cubby first came out my wife and I woke up to our living room covered in blankets and pillows. Of course I can't find a picture right now, but it was massive.
Ornithopter
AG
I'll throw this out there - I think The Sign is a reflection of him thinking about moving on from Bluey, but then deciding not to.
wangus12
AG
The Shank Ag said:

The fact we are all grown adults here debating an episode and our list of favorite episode of a kids show about animated dogs gives me hope for humanity, even if it means moving to Australia (yes; I know, let's not make this political)
My wife and I don't even have kids, but we've watched it with our niece enough that it will somehow end up on Bluey in the late evening as background noise.
BQRyno
AG
I love this show, and I think those who hate on this show fall into one of two categories:

One is folks who crap on parents for actually enjoying a show for kids. The fact of the matter is that kids are going to watch shows, and parents are going to end up watching those same shows are at least having them on in the background. Since that's the case, I'd much rather have my kids watch Bluey, which has tons of humor and winking at parents that isn't just sex jokes in discuss, than some show they watch mindlessly and without any lessons at all. Don't get me wrong, my 6 year old loves Pokemon, and I'm fine with him watching it, but something about a funny show with meaning even pulls him in more than mindless shows. Bluey is funny AND wholesome - which brings us to the second group...

I'm convinced that (whether they admit it or not) some people just plain don't like a show that teaches the lessons and sets the example that Bluey does. There was an article not long ago crapping on Bluey for setting unrealistic parenting expectations. Sorry that Bandit isn't just scrolling Facebook during the whole episode while his kids are camped in front of the tv. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that watching Bluey makes me think harder about how I spend time with my kids, but that's because I'm aligned with the point of the show. If I wasn't, I could see rolling my eyes hard.

My kids love it, it's funny for parents and kids, and it leads to us all being better versions of ourselves. There aren't many tv shows out there like it.
OldArmy71
AG

Quote:

it leads to us all being better versions of ourselves.

Well said.
The Porkchop Express
Bluey is the reward for all the godawful shows we watches as parents earlier in our kids' lives.

Paw Patrol
Shimmer and Shine (Genies Divine)
Vamperina
The Demon Spawn known as Caillou
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I've only seen bits of caillou, but that kid needs his *** beat
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ornithopter said:

I'll throw this out there - I think The Sign is a reflection of him thinking about moving on from Bluey, but then deciding not to.

Mind

Blown
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

After a few episodes you realize how terrible he is. Then you take satisfaction in his failures.

There's an episode where he falls off the pull-up bar that is first rate.
And another when he breaks some other kid's chair in his playroom and that kid screams him down to tears.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
BQRyno
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

After a few episodes you realize how terrible he is. Then you take satisfaction in his failures.

There's an episode where he falls off the pull-up bar that is first rate.
And another when he breaks some other kid's chair in his playroom and that kid screams him down to tears.
Thank goodness I've never had to watch a second of this. I for sure would revel in his misery.
nickstro66
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
BQRyno said:

Sorry that Bandit isn't just scrolling Facebook during the whole episode while his kids are camped in front of the tv. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that watching Bluey makes me think harder about how I spend time with my kids, but that's because I'm aligned with the point of the show. If I wasn't, I could see rolling my eyes hard.

My kids love it, it's funny for parents and kids, and it leads to us all being better versions of ourselves. There aren't many tv shows out there like it.
Whats great is there was an episode that deals with just that. Bob Bilby. Where Bingo brings home the class "pet" for them to take photos of their weekend, and Chili keeps taking photos of both kids and even Bandit on their tablets and watching tv. Just watching that with our son made me turn the tv off for a bit to get outside with him.
Tanya 93
The Porkchop Express said:

Bluey is the reward for all the godawful shows we watches as parents earlier in our kids' lives.

Paw Patrol
Shimmer and Shine (Genies Divine)
Vamperina
The Demon Spawn known as Caillou

I told my son after the first episode of Caillou that we no longer got show because Direct TV didn't allow Canadian shows to be shown anymore
AgLiving06
powerbelly said:

Cricket has quickly become a top 5 for me
I've seen Cricket more than any other episode. it's my youngest sons favorite.

Did you catch how initially Rusty wouldn't hit it to his sister because he was "almost to 50," but at the end Bandit says Rusty could have hit 50 more, but instead hits it to his sister?

All kinds of deep feels in that episode.
The Shank Ag
Anyone want to talk about "Surprise"?

Last 30 seconds or so was very conversation worthy
jeffk
AG
Some of us did earlier this week.
CDub06
AG
Aw man... I had a meme idea, but came back to get the post from that guy that had big thoughts about Bluey despite not watching it and it looks like staff deleted those posts...
thriller03
AG
Same here. I have a six year old son and all he wants to do (other than watch Bluey) is play sports in the backyard. We have good friends who also have a son mine's age, and we've played SO MUCH backyard baseball with them. I can't wait until the day the boys understand it was so much more than just practicing sports. I'll regularly remind him when he's nervous about something or trying something new to "step in front and play a pull shot." He knows what it means.

It's not a new opinion here, but the show is so smart, and sometimes such a gut punch. My wife just had a hysterectomy for health reasons. We are blessed to have the one kid we have, but that took years and it's been years of trying and loss since. We were flipping through the channels in the hospital, landed on Bluey for a second, and "Onesies" was on. (I was honestly sort of thankful the screen froze and had moved on to a different episode by the time it worked itself out.)

My kid also loves to shout "TV Shop" anytime we got to the big box stores with monitors now.
Gigem314
AG
thriller03 said:

Same here. I have a six year old son and all he wants to do (other than watch Bluey) is play sports in the backyard.
My seven year old is the same way. We have a basketball hoop set up in the backyard and he loves to just go out and shoot hoops, kick the football, or hit a baseball (lots of balls over the fence but thankfully our neighbors are good sports about it). Literally every day after school he's out there. He'll watch some TV but never really asks for the iPad even though he's used it for games and movies when we travel. Sometimes it's hard when I'm home with him on my own trying to get dinner ready or do something and he wants me out there - but I try to appreciate it more often than not and spend time with him out there. I've seen too many examples of little kids that are glued to a tablet and don't want to be outside.
CDub06
AG
CDub06 said:

Aw man... I had a meme idea, but came back to get the post from that guy that had big thoughts about Bluey despite not watching it and it looks like staff deleted those posts...

Carlo4
AG
BQRyno said:

I love this show, and I think those who hate on this show fall into one of two categories:

One is folks who crap on parents for actually enjoying a show for kids. The fact of the matter is that kids are going to watch shows, and parents are going to end up watching those same shows are at least having them on in the background. Since that's the case, I'd much rather have my kids watch Bluey, which has tons of humor and winking at parents that isn't just sex jokes in discuss, than some show they watch mindlessly and without any lessons at all. Don't get me wrong, my 6 year old loves Pokemon, and I'm fine with him watching it, but something about a funny show with meaning even pulls him in more than mindless shows. Bluey is funny AND wholesome - which brings us to the second group...

I'm convinced that (whether they admit it or not) some people just plain don't like a show that teaches the lessons and sets the example that Bluey does. There was an article not long ago crapping on Bluey for setting unrealistic parenting expectations. Sorry that Bandit isn't just scrolling Facebook during the whole episode while his kids are camped in front of the tv. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that watching Bluey makes me think harder about how I spend time with my kids, but that's because I'm aligned with the point of the show. If I wasn't, I could see rolling my eyes hard.

Here is the article. A dad that can do it all is pure fantasy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/18/arts/television/bluey-chip-chilla-dad.html
jeffk
AG
I think we talked about this back when that article came out, but the series actually does a pretty decent job of showing times where the parents *weren't* able to play the game or had to go to work or were too tired or wanted to watch tv or were even *hungover* but, of course, because it's a show for kids, the majority of the time an adult joins in the game. Kids understand what's going on with this, I don't get why some adults can't.
Jason Ag
AG
I didn't read the article, was behind a wall. I've seen the posts about it setting unrealistic expectations for kids. My take away isn't that I need to be Bandit 24-7, its that playing with my kids at their level is what they remember. Even if I can only spare 7 mins.
CDub06
AG

ABATTBQ11
AG
jeffk said:

I think we talked about this back when that article came out, but the series actually does a pretty decent job of showing times where the parents *weren't* able to play the game or had to go to work or were too tired or wanted to watch tv or were even *hungover* but, of course, because it's a show for kids, the majority of the time an adult joins in the game. Kids understand what's going on with this, I don't get why some adults can't.

Because there's a certain demographic that just revels in being miserable nihilists who nitpick everything in life to find things to be miserable nihilists about.
07ag
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Anyone want to talk about "Surprise"?

Last 30 seconds or so was very conversation worthy
maroon barchetta
https://www.theonion.com/bluey-praised-for-tackling-difficult-subject-of-walki-1851430794?utm_campaign=The+Onion&utm_content=1714410943&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0ML9CqdF5qlH_INVLF_B9znOCkIroBiOMMRg9RhMSjscxsB0oJpq3On5M_aem_AflltqX5VG_qhbNIlIFDnn94WfOVtRLN3JrqIymN8NxYowiq7Dzw3zrkAEsfcoQf-7SQk1OjhWKa_Zj43H7n7USP

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.