What new fall shows are people excited about?

8,372 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Counterpoint
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Designated Survivor looks like it is straight out of Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy

It is, but despite Keifer, the survivor couldn't gold Jack Ryan's jockstrap
Quad Dog
AG
I'll give The Good Place a shot because of its creators.
Satellite of Love
So far it is ok.
chipotle
Did the Kevin James show rock yalls world?
atag
AG
quote:
I was disappointed...I watched it because I love Kristen bell.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Give it time. People (me included) blasted parks & rec the first time I saw the pilot and e2. Now I love those eps.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Ok.. Follow up after having watched the pilot. I'm in the same boat as you but will give it about 4 more eps to get better. That was weak.
beanbean
I don't know how anyone can get excited for shows on NBC, ABC, or CBS. Are you just poor people that can't afford cable? Major network shows are so inferior these days.
Madmarttigan
AG
Literally nothing on this thread sounds appealing except for Luke Cage, including westworld, but I'll give it a whirl.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
I like the heaven point system. Love KB. Liked the first ep. Didn't like the second one as much, but will keep watching!
AgShaun00
AG
kevin james show won't last. Couple funny parts, but don't see it making it.

The go kart paintball looks like something i want to play
AgShaun00
AG
Westworld release date is Oct 2. I couldn't find it on theguide yesterday.
chipotle
quote:
kevin james show won't last.

Thunder18
AG
I just can't watch basic network tv... it is so bad compared to what HBO, Netflix or FX can offer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I just can't watch basic network tv... it is so bad compared to what HBO, Netflix or FX can offer.

yes but those networks offer such a limited schedule - HBO has downtime between series and really only has them on Sundays. Netflix releases entire series at once and I'll watch them in a week or two and then have nothing to watch again. And FX usually has 2 or 3 shows a year at most worth watching - although they are very good. And some are on a limited basis (10-13 episodes in a year). AMC is similar.

Sorry but I still "need" some network shows even if they are nothing more than filler - I think of them as TV comfort food.

I like some of the dumb kind of throwaway comedies for example that get made fun of on here. I know they are not the quality of those other great shows and I would never compare them. But having a few in the rotation gives me something to watch when nothing else is on.

I still occasionally (like less than half of the aired episodes) watch Modern Family even though it's horribly cliched and over the top convoluted most of the time. I still watch BBT - sorry in my nerd world those guys are just perfect stereotypes of so many people i know, but yes the writing is predictable and cheesy. I watched Mom for a while - but god that was the most depressing comedy ever so I stopped watching it. My guilty pleasure is probably Tim Allen's Last Man Standing - he just makes me laugh and it's one of the few shows out there that makes fun of liberals. Oh I don't DVR them but I'll watch The Middle or the Goldbergs from time to time but mostly because they used to be on before or after something else I watched - decent family sitcoms.

I don't watch any network dramas though. I think the last one I watched was LOST. Willing to give Designated Survivor and maybe Timeless a try and the new Star Trek when it comes out (not exactly on a network).
Thunder18
AG
Televised sports, old HBO series on demand or via HBOGo, movies and documentaries on Netflix...those are what I kill "dead" tv time with, but my wife watches Modern Family and New Girl and occassionally BBT, she doesn't expect me to watch them with her, I will usually use those times to work out or do chores around the house.
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
quote:
I like the heaven point system. Love KB. Liked the first ep. Didn't like the second one as much, but will keep watching!

I think once it settles into a grove it has My Name is Earl potential. Funny flashbacks for bad behavior, consequences for it, then a creative way to make up for it in The Good Place.
Zemira
AG
This thread is interesting as for the past 5+ years I haven't really paid attention to what is new and just kind lucked or unlucked into things. I'm much more a drama person, so easier to watch those as long as they aren't too bad.

I realized long ago im super picky on comedies as most of them stink in my opinion so I just avoid them.

I am fairly okay with watching a show long after it aired so if I miss it and the show was any good I will see it eventually. It might be 5 years but I will eventually watch the show.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Speechless looks like it could be good.
Old Jock 1997
AG
quote:

It was fantastic. It's got Emmy written all over it.

(After the exchange earlier, my only choice is to double down.)
GinaLinetti
AG
I enjoyed the good place. Sorta has a Eireka vibe
Rapier108
Designated Survivor is about the only one that I might watch unless the pilot just stinks.

Tried watching "Bull" but it lost my interest after 15 minutes.
Tanya 93
This is Us was fantastic last night.

Now for Speechless tonight.
zgood10
AG
I thought This Is Us was pretty good
Duncan Idaho
Dammnit wrong emoticon
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
I enjoyed the good place. Sorta has a Eireka vibe
I've been trying to think of what it reminded me of since I watched it. Eureka is definitely what it was, good call.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

It was fantastic. It's got Emmy written all over it.

(After the exchange earlier, my only choice is to double down.)

It's a gutsy move and I like it
israeliag
AG
Already started, so maybe not something we could look forward to, but it is new: Atlanta. Just watched the first two episodes and they were fantastic.
The Collective
AG
quote:

The scene with the dad and the doc at the end was solid network TV drama. Well done start.
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:

The scene with the dad and the doc at the end was solid network TV drama. Well done start.
My wife wants this to replace the void that Parenthood left. How does episode one compare to that?
20ag07
This is Us pilot was better than the Parenthood pilot. But Parenthood became a better show than its pilot.

Good start, will depend on how gimmicky they decide to get. Good news is they don't have to rely on it much, in a way a show like How I Met Your Mother did.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

Yeah

That was an amazing moment
wangus12
AG
Stand Against Evil and Van Helsing
jabberwalkie09
AG
I may actually watch the first episode of Van Helsing if only to see how much I laugh. Wynona Earp was bad and I watched it via other means, but Tim Rozen as Doc Holiday was the highlight of that show.
wangus12
AG
Definitely not expecting an Emmy.

+ Kelly Overton
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.