What new fall shows are people excited about?

8,341 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Counterpoint
Clavell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lethal Weapon - not sure what to make of this. That had to be most unrealistic car chase scene ever. Two cars onto active race track. Jump off top of speeding car and rollover couple times and that's it. Too silly for cop show, take themselves too serious for comedy.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
kevin james show won't last. Couple funny parts, but don't see it making it.

The go kart paintball looks like something i want to play

Kevin James on CBS is pretty much guaranteed to be the highest rated show on network tv
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Lethal Weapon - not sure what to make of this. That had to be most unrealistic car chase scene ever. Two cars onto active race track. Jump off top of speeding car and rollover couple times and that's it. Too silly for cop show, take themselves too serious for comedy.
It was a little heavy on the emotional drama of Riggs' trauma and how he is dealing with it IMO. Murtagh and his family is pretty much exactly what I expect, almost a near direct translation of the film version. The weakest point of the show feels like the guy playing Riggs, and not being able to pull off the craziness combined with comedic timing that Gibson had in the movies.

I get that they don't want to go too heavy on the comedy, but at this point I'm going give it a few episodes and see how it plays out. Partly because I want to see if they can actually pull it together, and partly because Jordana Brewster. The Pilot wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
quote:
It was a little heavy on the emotional drama of Riggs' trauma and how he is dealing with it IMO. Murtagh and his family is pretty much exactly what I expect, almost a near direct translation of the film version. The weakest point of the show feels like the guy playing Riggs, and not being able to pull off the craziness combined with comedic timing that Gibson had in the movies.

I get that they don't want to go too heavy on the comedy, but at this point I'm going give it a few episodes and see how it plays out. Partly because I want to see if they can actually pull it together, and partly because Jordana Brewster. The Pilot wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good.
I agree with it. It kept my interest some and some of the scenes were good others were terrible. I will give it a few more.
Thunder18
AG
Atlanta on FX has been good and pretty funny so far
3rdGen2015
AG
I thought The Good Place episode from last night was quite a bit better than the first episode. Did anybody else watch it?
chipotle
quote:
I thought The Good Place episode from last night was quite a bit better than the first episode. Did anybody else watch it?

I like it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
CJS4715 said:

Quote:

This is Us was fantastic last night.

Now for Speechless tonight.

The scene with the dad and the doc at the end was solid network TV drama. Well done start.

Just saw the first episode. This was solid indeed.
AgShaun00
AG
what shows are sticking for everyone?
3rdGen2015
AG
Speechless, Timeless, and Good Place are all decent. Westworld is awesome. Conviction kinda sucks.
Old Jock 1997
AG
It pains me to say it, but Kevin Can Wait sucks.
maverick2076
Speechless is great.
Counterpoint
AG
Old Jock 1997 said:

It pains me to say it, but Kevin Can Wait sucks.
Welcome back to the right side of history, my friend!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.