Designated Survivor

34,975 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Milkman
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I enjoyed last night's episode. To me, I thought they did a good job with the emotions of the SEAL story.

FBI chick still annoys me. Don't really care for the direction the "who done it" story is going, but the rest of the show we're liking.
Baby Billy
AG
What's up with having 2 weeks in between episodes?
nai06
AG
The last episode was bumped because of the debate
drewbie08
AG
Anyone still watching? This is one of those shows where I forgot I recorded it and then will watch it when I've gone through all my other shows. Although I did watch last night's episode pretty much live. Have to wait another two weeks...again.
AgShaun00
AG
still in.

double agent was a little much, but whatever.

I want the congressman story to be over quickly and move on to who is really running the operation.

Not a fan of the kidnapping kid storyline and can't say anything.
drewbie08
AG
AgShaun00 said:

still in.

double agent was a little much, but whatever.

I want the congressman story to be over quickly and move on to who is really running the operation.

Not a fan of the kidnapping kid storyline and can't say anything.
Yeah the kidnapping story is just going to be frustrating for probably several weeks.

Double agent was a stretch, I agree.

The "is Kirkman his real dad" is also going to annoy me I have a feeling.
BowSowy
AG
I actually sort of like this show, but the sporadic airings are going to probably cause me to lose interest quick.
chipotle

Sailor
drewbie08 said:

Yeah the kidnapping story is just going to be frustrating for probably several weeks.

Double agent was a stretch, I agree.

The "is Kirkman his real dad" is also going to annoy me I have a feeling.
He should have kneecapped that woman at the end and taken her to a secluded place to "extract" information from her.
AggieDPT
AG
I feel like the show definitely has some things taken from 24. I wouldn't have even watched the preview without Kiefer being in it, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Bregxit
AG
Alabaster Jones said:

I feel like the show definitely has some things taken from 24. I wouldn't have even watched the preview without Kiefer being in it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

It has about every ridiculous 24 cliche imaginable. Not sure how much longer we're in on this one.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'm still watching but mostly because the woman (his aide) in the whitehouse (can't remember her position) is freaking gorgeous. I can't stop looking at her.

The show is okay but I don't care a lick about the kid or who his real dad is. Also, the Catalan story is ridiculous.
Aggie Infantry
AG
All the FBI dude has to do is to request a private meeting with the POTUS.
agproducer
AG
I'm still liking the show. It has it's problems, but I'm willing to overlook it because I like the content. The show definitely has a 24-fell to it, without the clock.

It also has those annoying subplots (Kim being chased by a mountain lion/FBI agent kid kidnapped). You just know at some point, there's going to be a mole.

But, even with the warts, I'll keep watching -- even with the stilted dialogue and cheesiness.

I find myself looking forward to the show, simply because I want to see what Kiefer does.
Mucho austin
AG
I'll tell you what Kiefer is gonna do: he's gonna say "dammit" and "my god" about 17 times.
drewbie08
AG
Mucho austin said:

I'll tell you what Kiefer is gonna do: he's gonna say "dammit" and "my god" about 17 times.

So...
spadilly
S
Next episode is the last one of the fall, right? We'll see if I make time for it when it starts back up.
I wanted this show to be captivating. I'm just getting annoyed with the common sense mistakes and the storylines that are starting to drag along.
drewbie08
AG
I might be getting it confused with Quantico, but I think there are at least two more episodes left.
TexasAggie_02
AG
drewbie08 said:

I might be getting it confused with Quantico, but I think there are at least two more episodes left.
that dumpster fire of a show is still on? we made it through the first half of last season, and then gave up about 2-3 episodes into the second half in the spring.
Justin2010
AG
Few things really bother me as much as when supposedly smart characters make really dumb decisions solely to further the plot.

#1: Why in the world wouldn't you just say: "Mr. President, I'd like this meeting to be private. Would that be possible?".

#2: Why would the guy basically show all of his cards to a guy who was in on the bombing. That scene in his office was so dumb. If you're head of the FBI, you'd think you'd be able to play it cool, instead of implying to your primary suspect that you know he was in on it.

#3: I know it'd be a tough decision. But if you make it to Deputy FBI Director, I seriously doubt you're going to consider selling out the country in order to save your son.

I want to like this show so bad. But stuff like this...ugh.
drewbie08
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

drewbie08 said:

that dumpster fire of a show is still on? we made it through the first half of last season, and then gave up about 2-3 episodes into the second half in the spring.
It is still on. It's mindless drivel, but the mrs likes to watch it. I don't think I'll be able to watch another season though...
TennAg
I can deal with the lame plot lines but i'll need Kiefer to keep the sensitive male whisper-talking to a minimum.
JCRiley09
AG
I got 3 episodes back and cancelled the series DVR. Hope y'all keep enjoying it
Pahdz
Interesting turn this week
Justin2010
AG
One more meh episode and I'm done.
AB2
AG
It's not epic TV, but I'm enjoying it. Maybe just dying for a good political show on network TV post West Wing...and trying to like it too hard.
Squirrel Master
AG
As mentioned, when characters act ******edly for the sole reason of advancing the plot, I get annoyed. The FBI Deputy Director's actions. THEN Maggie Q's character's actions. Both silly.

Also, the cliche "get the dna test done but I dont need to look at because I know you're my son" and vice versa was epically eye-rolling. If you're gonna waste our time with that stupid storyline, don't be so lame.
InspectionAg
AG
I was a skeptic about this show until about halfway into its run so far. This last half has been pretty damn good.
drewbie08
AG
For network TV it's definitely entertaining. There are a lot of annoying things that the characters do, but if you turn your brain off and just watch it's a fun show. I knew last night was going to end on a giant cliffhanger...and it did. I'm guessing it was the wife who got hit.
AgShaun00
AG
it is frustrating it won't be on till March.

I am going with VPs wife.
chipotle
I'm hoping it was his mopey kid. I don't think he was there though.
bigcat22
AG
Wth is up with waiting till March for the next episode?

Also thinking it was his female assistant as she is the only one who knows that the male assistant might be a part of the conspiracy
The Original AG 76
AG
As I feared from the first the bad guys will be a business/military cabal that framed poo lil moslems. Probably financed by Texas oil money and run from a bunker in Montana. Waiting for a Col Jiggs chasing Gen James Mattoon Scott scene.......
But it's still a good show.
AB2
AG
VPs wife would make me happy.

POTUS wife maybe just to advance his realization and hate for the mystery group in power?
Southlake
Yup check your brain, but fun in a way.

Question. They needed a paternity test to assertain that Kirkman was the real father. So, this begs the question of how far apart did his wife have sex with her old boyfriend before having sex with Kirkman? it couldn't have been more and a few weeks right? So was she banging one guy, broke up, started banging Kirkman then quickly got married? So silly...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.