Ten Turns 25 Today

2,938 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rudyjax
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You brought it up in the first place. We were discussing the greatness of Ten and you had to bring up that **** Metallica album for God knows what ****ing reason.
62strat
AG
quote:
You brought it up in the first place. We were discussing the greatness of Ten and you had to bring up that **** Metallica album for God knows what ****ing reason.
Man you're tense.. It was released same month as Ten. One playful comment comparing the success of the two albums and this is where we end up.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So you're apologizing for ruining the thread?
62strat
AG
On behalf of you? sure
Know Your Enemy
AG
So back to speaking of good music and not overproduced piles of dog ****, seeing them play Release at Wrigley a few weeks ago was one of the best live concerts moments of my life. A truly magical moment.
FancyKetchup14
AG
62strat
AG
This reminds me, I need to open this. I think 5 years is plenty enough aging, if not too much.

BBQ4Me
AG
quote:
quote:
So which was a better month for rock album releases:

Aug '91 - Ten, Metallica
Sept '91 - Use Your Illusion I & II, Nevermind, Blood Sugar Sex Magik & no more tears

All those great albums in two months...We would be lucky to get one of comparable quality in an entire year.
I know..."get off my lawn" and all, but there isn't a ton of great rock anymore
62strat
AG
and badmotorfinger in Oct.
Aug 91 has facelift, and october 92 has dirt and core.

For 3 years in a row the start of the school year meant some great new music.

Dirt and Core were released on same day (9/29/92), as were Nevermind and Blood sugar... (9/24/91), as were Downward Spiral and Superunknown (3/8/94).. that's what I'd call a 3 way tie for the greatest day in rock history as far as that is concerned.
Rudyjax
AG
What's interesting is that it wasn't until Nevermind became popular that Peaarl Jam broke out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.