Best military movies in last 20 years?

5,816 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dcAg
texags08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine in order would have to be:

Lone Survivor
Fury
Jarhead
American sniper
Kilo two bravo (not mentioned yet, it's on Netflix, British guys in Afganastan)
Blackhawk down
Zero dark thirty
We were soldiers
Inglorious basterds
13 hours
Saving Ryan
Thunder18
AG
Black Hawk Down
Fury
Lone Survivor

Miniseries:
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Generation Kill
The Debt
The Battle of the Basturds, GOTs S6E9, was probably the best medieval battle I have seen depicted. Idk the exact length of the battle, but the runtime shown was a marathon for the viewer, like 15-20 mins. (In comparison to Braveheart, the longest one was like 8 mins.) The battle played out like Rome vs the Gauls, phalanx vs barbarians.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
The Battle of the Basturds, GOTs S6E9, was probably the best medieval battle I have seen depicted. Idk the exact length of the battle, but the runtime shown was a marathon for the viewer, like 15-20 mins. (In comparison to Braveheart, the longest one was like 8 mins.) The battle played out like Rome vs the Gauls, phalanx vs barbarians.

That scene was possibly the best ever on tv.
Objective Aggie
AG
I am appalled I left out Lone Survivor on my original list.

Also, am I the only one that liked 300??
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Also, am I the only one that liked 300??
I thought it was fun, but don't classify it as a military movie.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

rome vs. the Carthaginians. the battle of cannae.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If we're counting medieval and fantasy, we've pretty much got to give it to the LOTR trilogy, no?
Bigsteve713
AG
so I had never seen Enemy at the Gates so I decided to watch it since it's one of the few mentioned here that I have not seen and....

it is ****ing terrible

but I just wanted to add that if you haven't seen Restrepo and Korengal you need to go watch them
dcAg
Fury

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.