Fear the Walking Dead Season 2B time!

8,767 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by H6RBW
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...or is it.

Show starts back Sunday (21st). Reviews seem better for the 3 episodes released to the media. I swore that I was out after the suckfeast that was Season 2A....but don't have anything that I'm currently watching.

What to do....what to do....
Knut
AG
I didn't really get into 2A, but I'll watch.
ClickClack
AG
It will help me pass time until we find out who got Lucille.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
...or is it.

Show starts back Sunday (21st). Reviews seem better for the 3 episodes released to the media. I swore that I was out after the suckfeast that was Season 2A....but don't have anything that I'm currently watching.

What to do....what to do....
I'm with you. 2A pissed me off to no end, but I'd hate to miss it if it gets good (and it does have potential). On the other hand, there's so much GREAT tv out there...ahh, I don't know.

SeattleAgJr
I am so out.

Stupid storylines.
Unlikeable characters.
Writing that is dumber than the main series.
Clavell
AG
I quit a couple of shows into 2A
Morpholino
AG
I had no idea this was airing this weekend. Ah what the hell, I don't have anything else to do at that time. Just like TWD, I hope they take out a few main characters just to keep it interesting.
aggietoolman
AG
Will dvr and watch later or stream it when nothing else on. This is a rehash of twd with a much worse cast. No real interest.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Nope. No way I'm giving another minute of my life to that suckfest. That mid season finale was nearly insulting.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
That mid season finale was nearly insulting.
Oh it was terrible. But I'm like an addict.
The Debt
I'll probably DVR it and binge it once its over.
Stive
AG
I'm out.
aTmAg
AG
I was hoping TWD was starting instead
Mr. White
The first episode or two (definitely the first) were very well done.

I don't know what happened afterward.
AggieDPT
AG
Show sucks. Basically became Walking Dead west coast
Garrelli 5000
AG
It's always been hit or miss. I recall the end of last season looking at my wife and saying "WTF just happened, this show jumped the shark".

She already didn't like it. The final episode didn't do me any favors if I wanted to get her to watch it w/me.
beanbean
Has there ever been a stupider way to die in the history of the walking dead than the 2 Jeep guys? They had like a full minute to just turn around and get back in the Jeep and drive off. They could not have come up with a better scenario than that? This effing show.
Mucho austin
AG
Unfortunately, this was one of the better episodes.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Thought it was pretty decent. I'll keep a short hook, but will give it a go.
redsquirrelAG
AG
quote:
Show sucks. Basically became Walking Dead west coast

Currently Walking Dead Mexico.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I watched the episode only because there is nothing else on tv, and it still was pretty awful.

There been plenty of stupid people making stupid decisions on the show, but those jeep guys had to take the cake right?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yes, the jeep guys were eyeroll worthy, but that didn't impact my enjoyment because they were "who cares" characters. Leaving the water was dumb, but understandable I guess.

Focusing on just the best character of the show (mid-season finale notwithstanding) was smart after how badly they left things. My expectations for when the whole group is back together is LOW though.
LHIOB
AG
I was a big defender of this show but that was pretty bad.
FTAG 2000
AG
The fact that college football starts in two weeks made it easier to delete it off my DVR schedule after last night's episode.

* Jeep guys getting attacked by walkers when they could have turned around and fled. Didn't even show the guy with the AR and how he got "overrun". Just after his idiot boss is getting devoured show him under a pile of walkers.

* When they were shooting the herd, there was one point where a walker directly behind Nick took a head shot and fell. What is this, Wanted? We bending bullets now?

* Nick somehow walks 60 kms on a torn up leg (they showed him passing the 100 KM to Tijuana sign, then all of a sudden he was at the 40 km sign. All in the span of two days.

* At the point of starvation / dehydration, it rains and he's all better and can make the walk on said bum leg the other 40 kms to TJ.

* Two days of hardship and he's miraculously found/saved by another group of seemingly good guys who had earlier left him out on the road

Just dumb. It feels like the writers are just cashing their checks on the backs of the popularity of the main show.
aTmAg
AG
What I found hilarious is when he said something like, "I want to go to a place where walkers aren't monsters". Then in the talking dead that actor was talking about how profound and thought provoking that statement was. When in actuality, it's just plain dumb.
CDub06
AG
Been out of town. Got home tonight, saw it on my DVR. DELETED.

Gonna watch Angie Tribeca. It's a little less ridiculous.
Morpholino
AG
quote:
Has there ever been a stupider way to die in the history of the walking dead than the 2 Jeep guys? They had like a full minute to just turn around and get back in the Jeep and drive off. They could not have come up with a better scenario than that? This effing show.

Unfortunately, that's been par for the course for anything TWD or FTWD related. Walkers have stealth like qualities too, who are able to hide in the open and not make a sound. And when the time comes, they can jump into the screen and devour a person at a moments notice!
ro828
That show jumped the shark early in the first season. The Mom went to the school where she taught on (I think it was a) Sunday afternoon and spoke with the principal, who soon turned zombie and attacked her. She reached into a case and got a trophy with a pointed end, which she drove into his forehead. Well done so far. She got home and the rest of the family was saying it was time to hit the road because things in L A were getting weird. She says they need to wait to see what happens, that the authorities should be able to handle it. Lady! You just killed your boss by driving a metal spike through his brain! Is this a normal day already in your universe?
Mr. White
quote:
That show jumped the shark early in the first season. The Mom went to the school where she taught on (I think it was a) Sunday afternoon and spoke with the principal, who soon turned zombie and attacked her. She reached into a case and got a trophy with a pointed end, which she drove into his forehead. Well done so far. She got home and the rest of the family was saying it was time to hit the road because things in L A were getting weird. She says they need to wait to see what happens, that the authorities should be able to handle it. Lady! You just killed your boss by driving a metal spike through his brain! Is this a normal day already in your universe?

Fire extinguisher
Ol Jock 99
AG
That wasn't jumping the shark to me. That was classic government dependence which has been trained into a huge segment of the population.
Josepi
AG
They recently added an Aggie to the writing staff. Maybe it will help.
AliasMan02
AG
This show should have been a series of unrelated two- and three-parters from across the globe, spanning multiple eras of the apocalypse (the first days, a year later, even 10 years later where TWD will never go). They could occasionally revisit some characters/storylines Outer Limits style.

For a sustained zombie show you are forced to rely on certain tropes to keep things moving, so naturally this becomes exactly like the TWD in short order. If you don't have to commit to characters or a storyline, the writers would have SO much freedom and it could really be its own thing.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
They recently added an Aggie to the writing staff. Maybe it will help.

Nope. Unless they figure out how to kill each and every one of these dumb ****s, it won't get and better.
Joe Exotic
AG
That's kind of what I wanted. Maybe something like American horror story. Where each season is its own story of how it started in different parts of the country.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yeah...one more week...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.