***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 7 (Book Readers/No show-specific spoilers)***

41,104 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Goose06
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Started Clash of Kings a week ago and love it! Just met Jaqen!
VanZandt92
Yall need to watch The Last Kingdom.
hunter2012
AG
Mad Queen about to emerge?

israeliag
AG
She's already emerged: Cersei.
titanmaster_race
HBO just confirmed that season 7 will only be 7 episodes long and won't premiere until summer 2017

WTF
israeliag
AG
quote:
HBO just confirmed that season 7 will only be 7 episodes long and won't premiere until summer 2017

WTF
Just is a little strong of a word.

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2759108/replies/46694008
titanmaster_race
Damn I'm late.

Saw a Peter Dinklage instagram post about it today and thought it was new news.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Dog Lord
AG
First casting news for season 7 is for Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter, plus a million other things). They say he will play a "significant" role. Any ideas to what it might be besides Howland Reed?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/ew/article/2016/08/31/game-thrones-jim-broadbent-season-7?client=safari
redbaron788
AG
Looks like a maester, especially with those glasses. Marwyn maybe, but might be a show only character
wangus12
AG
Sapper Redux
Is that real? It looks like the Harry Potter font.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I would say a maester. Maybe arch maester? Or Marwyn?
wangus12
AG
Nope. At least I don't think so. Just thought it looked cool
The Dog Lord
AG
I was struggling to think of an older character that hadn't been introduced yet in the show. I completely forget about Marwyn (or the fact that Sam has reached the Citadel).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Guess who was spotted in Beflast Ireland (shooting location.......yep thats Gendry.

https://twitter.com/emiliuuhclarke/status/775965128437092352/photo/1
NC2001
AG
quote:

Guess who was spotted in Beflast Ireland (shooting location.......yep thats Gendry.

https://twitter.com/emiliuuhclarke/status/775965128437092352/photo/1

How big are his arms?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
In... re-reading Feast for Crows
wangus12
AG
Please let this be true.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2016/12/08/dana-white-confirms-conor-mcgregor-will-appear-on-game-of-thrones-but-who-will-he-play/95134160/
The Dog Lord
AG
New trailer

https://www.facebook.com/1148995848548606/videos/1149125021869022/
wangus12
AG
Its fan-made
The Dog Lord
AG
wangus12 said:

Its fan-made

Damn. Fooled me. Pretty good for a fan. I know a lot of it was from this past season, but I didn't realize that the rest wasn't new footage.
Ol Jock 99
Goose06
AG
I've been binge watching seasons 3 and 4, just got past the part where the Viper falls to the Mountain. One thing I noticed a couple episodes ago was the red woman (melisande or whatever it is, I'm a book listener so pardon my spelling) was taking a bath and Selyse came into the room. The red woman was not wearing her necklace that in season 6 HBO revealed that to be how she had her beauty. Probably just poorly done by HBO.
Sapper Redux
Everyone assumes the necklace itself holds the magic to her appearance. It could just be that she didn't have the strength of will to keep the magic going after she undressed and the necklace might mean nothing, or at most symbolize a distance between her mind and her faith after John's death.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Goose06 said:

I've been binge watching seasons 3 and 4, just got past the part where the Viper falls to the Mountain. One thing I noticed a couple episodes ago was the red woman (melisande or whatever it is, I'm a book listener so pardon my spelling) was taking a bath and Selyse came into the room. The red woman was not wearing her necklace that in season 6 HBO revealed that to be how she had her beauty. Probably just poorly done by HBO.

they never really explained it but.....

A. it might not be a mistake. that scene with Selsye it could be argued you are seeing it from Selsye's point of view and she knows of Melisandre's true form and so she might not see her any differently or wasn't shocked by it. She was noticeably uncomfortable in the scene and maybe that is the reason ....effectively she was seeing her that way but we weren't shown it.

B. Or possibly the magic isn't exclusively or totally tied to only the necklace. We don't know but perhaps the necklace in combination with some other things maintains the illusion and we simply saw the final discarding of the necklace in that instance where her true form was revealed.

C. Or some other magic within the bath water maintained it in that case.

D. Or it was an oversight.

Occam's Razor says D.

Goose06
AG
She did have selyse put some potion in the water I believe.
hunter2012
AG
Season 7 fan poster, though it doesn't start til summer.

gougler08
AG
I thought it was starting later than April this year?
mjpfeffer98
AG
Yeah, that's probably fan-made. They had to delay filming and I don't think Season 7 starts until June this year.
hunter2012
AG
Sorry if it's not legit, I thought it was...
hunter2012
AG

I figured this needed to be revived so we can discuss things like how the Maesters will be involved against the dragons or how patch face will sweep the 7 kingdoms.

For the record I think storms will affect Dany's fleet and the Maesters will probably kill one of the dragons. Cersei isn't going to go out without taking a lot with her...
The Dog Lord
AG
Just a random video someone shared with me. No new info.

Goose06
AG
I started reading (listening) the books last year and I'm in the middle of book 4 now (just got past the chapter where Jamie confronted Lancel about sleeping with Cercie. One broad stroke difference from the book vs the show is I never got the sense for how all of this ate Jamie up inside. He keeps replaying Tyrion's last words in his head about how cercie ****ed lancel, sir Osmond kettleblack and moonboy.

In the show it wasn't really until the last episode of last season where cercei burned down kings landing that you really came to the conclusion that Jamie might rebel against cercei. Also Jamie appears to be struggling with the idea of taking up swords against the Tully's which never seemed to be a problem for him in the show.

There are a lot of interesting differences in the book from the show, some of which are to accelerate or simplify the plot, some of which seemed unnecessary. One unnecessary one that I recall from early on was the way the capture of Jon snow played out with Ygritte, halfhand and the wildlings. I thought the book version was a good bit better all around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.