***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 7 (Book Readers/No show-specific spoilers)***

41,102 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Goose06
Swing Your Saber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://deadline.com/2016/06/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-hbo-1201780242/

Great interview w/D&D. Cerise's development will be a major theme in season 7. I don't think she dies quickly but rapidly descends even farther.
AggieSouth06
I would rather them do 13 narratively-focused episodes with a $15M+ budget per episode than 20 padded episodes on a $10M budget per episode.

The battles in Season 7.2 are going to be massive.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
So I found this:

Guess Mel might meet up with Arya or Mel meets up with Brotherhood and Arya meets up with them? Becomes basically Stoneheart?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
I think Sansa dies because of LF
In the books, Sansa killing LF is all but confirmed.

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
I think Sansa dies because of LF
In the books, Sansa killing LF is all but confirmed.

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow

If that's the only textual evidence, vague foreshadowing, idk if that's considered confirmed. My prediction is just a guess anyways.
Swing Your Saber
You could be 100% right (& I think you are) but didn't Sansa "slay" a toy giant Sweet Robin was destroying Sansas snow castle of Winterfell with?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, I really don't buy into the theory that every dream every character ever has in the book is a prophecy destined to come true.
Swing Your Saber
Personally I think Sansa "out plays" LF leading to his downfall. I have a few ideas on how that goes & what it looks like, but that's what I'm rolling w/in books & show.

Edit: I think it is handled differently in the books v. show: but same end state.
The White Wolf
However, Varys has always said LF is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros, I don't think he'll be so easily outplayed by Sansa. Especially since his attempts to use her to get power just failed, he'll be plotting a new strategy, and I'm sure he will be suspicious. He's one of the best at the game, and I'd be willing to bet he doesn't go out without taking a Stark or another major character down on the way.

The quote, "He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes" makes me feel like we haven't even begun to see how far LF will go.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
So I found this:

Guess Mel might meet up with Arya or Mel meets up with Brotherhood and Arya meets up with them? Becomes basically Stoneheart?

Good catch I do recall that - implying both she kills many people (different eye colors) and they will meet again.

I think besides the big power players (Dany, Jon, Cersei) and those serving them (Yara/Theon, maybe Euron, LF and the Vale, Dorne/Martells) the other story playing out in the middle (Riverrun/Vale maybe KL area, etc.) is Arya + BwoB + Hound + Mel in some tangled web and revenge on some key players.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I would rather them do 13 narratively-focused episodes with a $15M+ budget per episode than 20 padded episodes on a $10M budget per episode.

Exactly - and really they get more per episode too because the actors salaries don't increase per episode they are flat - so all of the extra goes to production value and special effects.

yeahtoast
AG
quote:

If we see Ser Jorah again, I think he'll show up in Oldtown looking for a cure. Maybe he'll get help from a maester who can stop the greyscale,
Interesting thought. I can't remember who specifically stopped Shireen's greyscale, only that Stannis searched the entire realm, but it's important to note that it can be stopped.

J-Bear could be back in the game! Lord Commander of Dany's Kingsguard with a nice blue/teal cloak that really makes his eyes pop?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:

Exactly - and really they get more per episode too because the actors salaries don't increase per episode they are flat - so all of the extra goes to production value and special effects.

Also count me in their that would prefer a season with less episodes but more budget per episode. If they think that is the best way to do the episodes then they're probably right. No need to expand the show with a bunch of filler or useless material.

Malcolm52
AG
I need more Arya + Lady Crane like episodes and plot twists. Cutting episodes would really hurt the show in my opinion
Swing Your Saber
I don't think Sansa beating LF will be easy. I do think that is the ultimate destination of the show. Could be a few twists along the way. However if we only have 13 episodes left it will probably be pretty straightforward.
The Dog Lord
AG
Directors for season 7 announced. The one who did the last two episodes of Season 6 is not included. They mention that there seems to be fewer of them, so it's even more evidence that we will have a shorter season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29/game-thrones-season-7
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh, I was really hoping for him.

Bring him in for the series finale.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Directors for season 7 announced. The one who did the last two episodes of Season 6 is not included. They mention that there seems to be fewer of them, so it's even more evidence that we will have a shorter season.

Is Mark Mylod on the list?!

He's responsible for the worst episodes. (Most recently Ep. 7 and 8) He's by FAR the weakest link in their bullpen of directors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Let's do this!
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

Is Mark Mylod on the list?!

He's responsible for the worst episodes. (Most recently Ep. 7 and 8) He's by FAR the weakest link in their bullpen of directors.
He sure is...

The complete list is:
Alan Taylor: An Emmy-winning veteran of The Sopranos, Taylor helped pioneer the visual storytelling style of the show when he helmed the pivotal ninth and 10th episodes of season 1, particularly "Baelor" (the episode where Ned Stark was executed). The Thrones producers were so impressed they gave Taylor four episodes to helm in season 2 including the premiere and the finale. Then Marvel snatched him up for Thor: The Dark World followed by Taylor reuniting with Emilia Clarke to direct her big-screen role inTerminator: Genisys. Now he's back on Thrones for the first time since 2012.

Jeremy Podeswa: The Canadian director and Boardwalk Empireveteran scored an Emmy nomination for directing the show's most controversial hour, season 5's darkly tense "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken." This year he directed the propulsive season premiere as well as Jon Snow's riveting resurrection episode, "Home."

Mark Mylod: A four-time director on the show, the British veteran of Showtime's Shameless and HBO's Entourage took on this season's uniquely textured re-introduction of the The Hound in "The Broken Man," as well as Arya's exciting chase sequence in "No One."

Matt Shakman: A newcomer to the series. Shakman is best known for his work on FX's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a comedy loved by Benioff and Weiss (the showrunners even wrote an episode, "Flowers for Charlie," although it's not one of the 39 episodes Shakman has directed). Shakman has also helmed episodes of AMC'sMad Men, CBS' The Good Wife and FX's Fargo.

There are a few notable GoT veterans sitting out next year, such as Miguel Sapochnik the director of this season's hugely impressive "Battle of the *******s" and Sunday's explosive finale. Also: The Red Wedding helmer David Nutter, who won an Emmy for directing season 5's finale, "Mother's Mercy." But perhaps they'll return for the eighth (and presumed final) season?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
Yeah, I really don't buy into the theory that every dream every character ever has in the book is a prophecy destined to come true.
That was from the Ghost of High Heart, whose dreams have all come true.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Ugh **** Mark is on there, but the "Battle of the *******s" Director is not.

Here's to bets that guy (his name escapes me) returns for Season 8 (second part of 7 - whatever they're gonna call it).
Al Bula
AG
Now that there is no High Sparrow to poop all over trial by combat, Hound and Mountain Zombie will definitely fight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Ugh **** Mark is on there, but the "Battle of the *******s" Director is not.

Here's to bets that guy (his name escapes me) returns for Season 8 (second part of 7 - whatever they're gonna call it).
I'm hoping they bring him in for the big finale.

The dude did Hardhome, BOB, and Winds of Winter. Best three of the series?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Now that there is no High Sparrow to poop all over trial by combat, Hound and Mountain Zombie will definitely fight.

As much as I want Cleganebowl, zombie mountain is in kings landing and hound is with the brotherhood who look to be traveling north to help with that battle.

Something will have to happen to get them to the same place, and if they do fight I don't think it will be a trial by combat.

But I hope we do see Cleganebowl in some fashion
redline248
AG
quote:
Pretty sure there is no one to force Cersei into a trial of any sort, now.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty sure there is no one to force Cersei into a trial of any sort, now.

Cersei is crazy enough. Maybe she will put herself on trial just to prove her innocence. Lol.
redline248
AG
ha!
The White Wolf
This one is kind of long and I have never been much of a writer, so apologies for you're about to read

This is a theory I had after watching the finale episode of season 6 a second time and noticing some word choice used by Jon, and it will talk about the potential connection between Euron Greyjoy (King of the Iron Islands) and the White Walkers

First, I just want to point out that after some pretty big introduction time and pretty well set up plotlines, we will definitely be seeing more Euron Greyjoy in the show. When you add that to the fact that we just saw around a dozen important characters get killed off in episodes 9 and 10, there is plenty of room for Euron to step up and become a key player. When casting Pilou Asbaek, I think they had big plans for him in the seasons to come as well. When asked why the character didn't have an eye patch over one eye (like Euron does in the books), Asbaek replied "I am sorry, but with all the killing Euron has to do, he needs both eyes." This is obviously not a minor character here that will soon be forgotten (nod to Gendry) and it appears that he will do quite a bit of killing. But who will he be killing

After Dany had found her ships between the slaver's fleet combined with Yara and Theon's fleet, I thought about what purpose Euron's 1000 ships will serve. Since they are no longer needed by Dany, Euron's 1000 ships could either be used against her (she's allied with Yara and agreed to help her destroy Euron) in open sea immediately in season 7, or he'll need to search for a new use for his massive fleet and his plans of conquering Westeros. As much as I'd love to see a big ship battle, the latter seems far more likely. Dany's army is all loaded up on their boats, but is there anyone else that is in need of a large fleet of ships???

With Benjen again reiterating the fact that the wall has magic spells and powers to make it so the White Walkers can't go past it, it appears that they are in need of some other way around it. This massive fleet could be the answer. Although the alliance between the two doesn't exactly seem likely, it could be mutually beneficial (difficult to say without knowing more about the White Walkers though).

But where this all becomes interesting is the potential foreshadowing used with what Jon says in the King in the North scene: "The war is not over. And I promise you, the true enemy won't wait out the storm. He brings the storm." Now this word choice is interesting because it's been used similarly before. Just before Euron kills Balon by throwing him off the bridge he says, "I am the storm. The first storm and the last." I wouldn't go as far to say that this was by accident, and it could be setting up something big between Euron and the White Walkers.

Also, here is what Euron said at the Kingsmoot in the Iron Islands: "I've been all over the world. I've seen more of it than all of you combined, and across the sea is a person who hates the great lords of Westeros just as much as we do. Someone with a large army, and three large dragons, and no husband. I'm going to build that fleet, and I'm going to "gallivant" right over and give it to Daenerys Targaryen, along with my big cock." Now you could take that first part and apply it straight to the NK and White Walkers. However, some of this is hard to draw because we don't really know much about them or their motives other than they appear to hate the living

But hey, "what is dead may never die"
redline248
AG
There is some interesting stuff in there, especially the part about Euron being the storm. Maybe Euron does somehow come into contact with the Walkers. We know that they are at least capable of bargaining with men (Craster and his sons), but it seems to have been for the purpose of increasing their numbers. Would Euron be willing to become a Walker, or let all his men become Walkers, or sacrifice them all to be undead soldiers (sailors)?

I think it's more likely that if he did meet the Walkers, of whom I'm not sure he is actually aware, the Walkers would just kill him and everyone else and make them part of the undead army. I also think the Wall will break or something and the Walkers won't need ships. Why haven't they ever taken boats from the people they've killed before?
M.C. Swag
AG
I do like that analysis. And it fits moreso in the books than the show because Euron is setup as an even more villainous and crazy a-hole. (He captains a ship with black masts and red hull with a silent crew of men whose tongues he has personally ripped out.)

There's a section from the ASOIAF wiki in ADwD: The book describes the red priest Moqorro about how he sees many threats to Daenerys in the flames. He can only see their shadows and claims the one that casts the most danger is:
quote:
A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood.
That pretty much sums up Euron. (The ten arms obviously describing the Greyjoy sigil, the Kraken.)
The White Wolf
I've always maintained that the Wall would come down as well but with the reassurance from Benjen there at the end makes me think something else must happen, and I'm guessing it'll involve Euron. The Wall has magic spells and powers to keep the White Walkers out; if the NK could just still break through it, there wouldn't be much point of that magic. Now there was the possibility of Bran undoing the magic when crossing the wall because the NK marked him (like it did in the cave), however, that would have been vital information and I'm sure the Three Eyed Raven and/or Benjen would have warned Bran that he could no longer go south of the Wall.

Also, I think it's not unlikely that Euron does know about the White Walkers. Without going into the theories of the geography of the G. R. R. Martin's world, Euron has extensively traveled the world; more so than anyone, and what he saw on those travels (especially in the Jade Sea) are very interesting as he cut the tongues out of all his crew. He's definitely mysterious, and he seems like the kind of character that wouldn't be afraid to meet with this NK.

But I do think the connection and possible foreshadowing drawn with "the storm" could be very interesting. Also could set up for a pretty cool window into more information on White Walkers.

The White Wolf
quote:
I do like that analysis. And it fits moreso in the books than the show because Euron is setup as an even more villainous and crazy a-hole. (He captains a ship with black masts and red hull with a silent crew of men whose tongues he has personally ripped out.)

There's a section from the ASOIAF wiki in ADwD: The book describes the red priest Moqorro about how he sees many threats to Daenerys in the flames. He can only see their shadows and claims the one that casts the most danger is:
quote:
A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and the long arms, sailing on a sea of blood.
That pretty much sums up Euron. (The ten arms obviously describing the Greyjoy sigil, the Kraken.)
Yes, I agree completely. Euron in the books is a totally different animal and not to mention he has his valyrian steel armor. I just chose to stay strictly with the show because of the quotes from those episodes really sets up that parallelism.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
So I found this:

Good catch I do recall that - implying both she kills many people (different eye colors) and they will meet again.

I think besides the big power players (Dany, Jon, Cersei) and those serving them (Yara/Theon, maybe Euron, LF and the Vale, Dorne/Martells) the other story playing out in the middle (Riverrun/Vale maybe KL area, etc.) is Arya + BwoB + Hound + Mel in some tangled web and revenge on some key players.

You dont think the eye colora is referencing her training as a faceless man deal?
redline248
AG
Could be both, but the "eyes you'll shut forever" implies eyes of people she'll kill.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.