TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT sounds batsh*t insane...

41,203 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jr15aggie
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. Nobody said:

I went in knowing what to expect and was ok with that.

It's like it makes fun of you for liking it, critics, movie clichs, and again you for watching it while also giving you mindless action to keep your attention.

Is "so bad it's good" allowed on a movie with a budget like this? because that's what it tried to do.

I'm a fan of message board, pop-culture humor, so the humor in the movie appealed to me.

It was not awful, and if you liked the others, you'll probably like this one too.
10000% Ok with me. I love the Fast and Furious movies because they're exactly what you described. As long as your expectations are properly set going into it, I think any movie can be enjoyed. If watching big budget SyFy channel productions is your cup of tea, then power to ya! Don't need to apologize for that.
Mr. Nobody
I really enjoyed some of the "make fun of itself" humor in this movie. Particularly Anthony Hopkins character and the "butler".

TyHolden
AG
going to see it tomorrow. i've only seen the first one. do i need to watch the other 3 to catch up or does it matter?
TCTTS
AG
No. Watching The Godfather or Austin Powers would probably be just as relevant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And a hell of a lot more fun.
TyHolden
AG
there is no character buildup of bumblebee and ....that's all i remember
Complete Idiot
DSAg44 said:

going to see it tomorrow. i've only seen the first one. do i need to watch the other 3 to catch up or does it matter?

Lol
TCTTS
AG
phatpat21
Saw it last night.
Was as expected. Wasn't great, wasn't terribly bad either imo. It was ok. It was entertaining. The part with castle Scene in the middle of the movie was the worst. It just dragged on and on. A movie that was 2 hr and 30 min could have easily been right at 2 hours or less. Plenty of action/explosions. I'm much less of a critic on movies than most though
C Loves L
I see the Transformer Haters reunion is back again.

Can't wait to see the movie
DTP02
AG
DSAg44 said:

Probably the best thing you could do to prepare for it would be to hit yourself in the head with an engineer's hammer several times and then drop half a tab of acid.
chipotle
Is it less than 2 hours this time?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
chipotle said:

Is it less than 2 hours this time?
TCTTS
AG
2:30. And feels even longer. It's so, so, SO long. I've never had back problems in my life and my back literally started to ache toward the end. There was a point at which, around halfway through, I legitimately could not fathom reaching the end of the movie. It felt so far away, and once you finally get there, it continues to go on longer than you can possibly imagine. And I'm not trying to be hyperbolic. It really is excruciatingly, mind-numbingly long.
chipotle
Quote:

Transformers - 2hr 24 min
Transformers 2 - 2hr 30 min
Transformers 3 - 2hr 37 min
Transformers 4 - 2hr 45 min

Good God why?
TCTTS
AG
Especially in this one, there is NO REASON. As I mentioned earlier, there's this scene at a junk yard where you're just in shock that we're STILL there, with NOTHING happening. And yeah, as someone mentioned earlier, all the crap at the castle just drones on and on as well. You could easily lose well over an hour of this movie and miss nothing.
TyHolden
AG
really looking forward to it. i'm gonna get the dogfish bucket for myself.
chipotle
Is there a lot less slow motion action shots?
M.C. Swag
AG
I had no desire to see this movie....until I actually started reading these reviews lol. They're so ridiculous, I kinda feel like I'm missing out on something by not seeing it
oragator
Currently has a 5.3 on IMDB (which is just short of catastrophic and the same as the ghostbusters remake for reference) and a 17% rotten tomatoes score (which is catastrophic), and it will likely cross half a billion worldwide and make enough money to justify another one.

TyHolden
AG
actually, audience score is 62% on RT.
TCTTS
AG
Already in pre-production and scheduled to hit theaters in less than a year (June 8, 2018)...

TCTTS
AG
In fairness, this one might actually have a chance to be decent. Bay isn't involved, and it's being directed by the guy who did Kubo and the Two Strings, an animated movie that got a ton of praise last year (which I never saw). This, however, will of course be live-action, but even though the director has no live-action experience, his sensibilities at least suggest he could potentially do something special with it. Think The Iron Giant meets an '80s teen movie in tone (as it'll be set in the '80s), starring Hailee Steinfeld.
YouBet
AG
It sounds to me like Michael Bay is just trolling America at this point.
Bruce Almighty
AG
YouBet said:

It sounds to me like Michael Bay is just trolling America at this point.

More like trolling China
AggieOO
I saw this (for free) at a work function wed night. I've never seen any of the transformers movies, and rarely go see "popcorn" flicks. That said, I have no problem turning my brain off and enjoying bad movies.

This was one of the worst movies I've seen. Co-worker sitting next to me summed it up perfectly: I've never wanted to walk out of a movie so bad in my life.
Fairview
AG
chipotle said:

Is there a lot less slow motion action shots?

There's actually a new weapon that stops time for the people it hits so more slowmo than ever.
YouBet
AG
Some pretty solid reviews coming out. A sampling of comments:

Quote:

I can barely summon a feeling about The Last Knight; if anything, I feel slightly worried about how little I hated it.
Quote:

I am not going to try to explain the story after watching this movie I may never try to explain another story ever again.
Quote:

Nothing in this film makes sense.
Quote:

it all still comes across as if it is being made up by a handful of preschoolers who were concocting stories during an abnormally long recess.
BarryProfit
TCTTS said:

In fairness, this one might actually have a chance to be decent. Bay isn't involved, and it's being directed by the guy who did Kubo and the Two Strings, an animated movie that got a ton of praise last year (which I never saw). This, however, will of course be live-action, but even though the director has no live-action experience, his sensibilities at least suggest he could potentially do something special with it. Think The Iron Giant meets an '80s teen movie in tone (as it'll be set in the '80s), starring Hailee Steinfeld.

Kubo was good.
TyHolden
AG
Stayed up all night watching T2-T4. I'm ready for T5 !!!
Sex Panther
AG
DSAg44 said:

Stayed up all night watching T2-T4. I'm ready for T5 !!!

TyHolden
AG
i fell asleep several times because i was/am a bit inebriated but overall, it was not bad. it's your typical transformer movie though.
Complete Idiot
DSAg44 said:

i fell asleep several times because i was/am a bit inebriated but overall, it was not bad. it's your typical transformer movie though.

The tops the TCTTS review and really says it all.
C Loves L
It's only brought in $196,200,000 world wide
M.C. Swag
AG
I guess it's a slow day on the politics board for Wesag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.