*****X-MEN:APOCALYPSE SPOILER THREAD*****

8,982 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AliasMan02
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nobody knows man... Execs are just like, this time make them young and put Wolverine back in it.
AliasMan02
AG
Did you not get that Apocalypse takes place after the 70s events of DOFP? Wolverine ends the 70s events of that movie captured. The Bright Future ending of the movie is at the very end of the revised timeline sometime after the 2020s.
jr15aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Did you not get that Apocalypse takes place after the 70s events of DOFP? Wolverine ends the 70s events of that movie captured. The Bright Future ending of the movie is at the very end of the revised timeline sometime after the 2020s.
Yeah, that's how I took it too (as somebody that doesn't follow this stuff too closely). What I remember from the original X-men & X-men 2 movies was that Wolverine is created and escapes from the facility in the mountains and that starts his journey that eventually has him meet up with Xavier years later.

In this alternate timeline the same thing happens, but it's the X-men that inadvertently help him escape. But the end result is the same... a confused and psychotic Wolverine escapes and goes on the run for years.
rhutton125
AG
I guess it's one of those "the more things change, the more they stay the same" type deals. Or history course-correcting. Which contradicts some dialogue in DoFP, but hey.

Whether Mystique saves Wolverine after Magneto throws him in the lake or not, he somehow ends up captured and experimented on. So even if we know he's alive and well at the "new future" of DoFP, we now know he had to go through some awful stuff (again) along the way.
texasaggie04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Maybe I don't remember that from the movie. I recall Xavier telling Logan he would tell him everything he missed.
mm98
AG
texasaggie04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Maybe I don't remember that from the movie. I recall Xavier telling Logan he would tell him everything he missed.
I took that scene to be around the timeline of the original XMen/XMen United movies...early 2000s timeline. Jean and Scott look the same.

Its still conceivable if he is set free as Weapon X in the Apocalypse (early1980s), he wanders and somehow connects back with Xavier and his team later.

Lots of assuming on my part, of course, but thats my interpretation.
double aught
AG
I think that scene is set in the near future (likely the same time period that he is sent back from by Kitty Pride). Logan is woken up by a holographic/somewhat futuristic looking alarm clock.
AliasMan02
AG
double aught said:

I think that scene is set in the near future (likely the same time period that he is sent back from by Kitty Pride). Logan is woken up by a holographic/somewhat futuristic looking alarm clock.

Correct. His memory changes at the moment he went back and altered time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.