GREEN ROOM

9,139 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Dinky Earnshaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw it last night and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I was unaware of A24, the director or anything really at all other than the film scored great reviews on the Fandango ap with both fans and critics. I read the brief synopsis and went into the theater without seeing a trailer for it, and not expecting much. Boy was I surprised.

I can't recall a movie at a theater which causes the entire audience to cringe at the same time, as often as it occurred in this flick.

That was one of the most graphic, raw, realistic, brutal, tense, suspenseful films I've ever seen. A slick story line that pulls you in and doesn't let go until the credits start.

There was a guy on Reddit who said after watching it he wants to start up a punk band and name it Anton Yelchin's Arm. I think I'd go see them, assuming it wasn't a show in Oregon being played at a Nazi bar...
Dinky Earnshaw
Oh, forgot to mention... I can only speak for Draft House, which is where I saw it, and I haven't looked to see if other / different theaters are showing it in other parts of the state / country, but get there early.

The goofy old school video clips that run before the trailers start are themed for this movie and have some references for them in the movie.

They were so God awful that I was wondering why they were being played, but then during the movie you realize exactly why those old school clips were selected. Pretty clever stuff.
TCTTS
AG
Man, I love hearing this.
Trident 88
AG
Watched it tonight, and while I agree that the arm was quite gruesome and realistic looking, I was not as impressed as you guys apparently were by this movie.

Not bad, but not worth raving about.
Hubenak_Girlfriend
Is this movie available for rent yet anywhere?!?!? Or on any movie channels??? Been looking...
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
quote:
Is this movie available for rent yet anywhere?!?!? Or on any movie channels??? Been looking.

Tell QB2 you're making a quick trip to your local Redbox (check online for nearest location availability, of course) -- you won't regret it.
AR_Ag95
AG
Available on iTunes
MichaelJ
AG
Have not seen it. But rip Anton

A talent lost too soon
Hubenak_Girlfriend
Just watched.. Cool premise. Don't spend more than $6 though
ro828
It did play in College Station. But Cinemark had only one showing per day at something like 10 PM. That way they can say the booked it but it didn't do much business, so audiences don't want to see independent films. This justifies their booking the latest megabudget superhero movie in 17 of the 18 auditoriums and saying they're responding to audience demands.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
that run before the trailers start are themed for this movie and have some references for them in the movie.

They were so God awful that I was wondering why they were being played, but then during the movie you realize exactly why those old school clips were selected. Pretty clever stuff.

can you expound on this?
astros4545
AG
If you didn't see movie at an Alamo drafthouse, then its meaningless
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
gotcha. just watched it this weekend and was curious.
Max Power
AG
Finally got around to seeing this one, holy **** that was intense. I loved it, so brutal. I saw Don't Breathe a couple weeks ago, thought this blew it out of the water, and I really enjoyed Don't Breathe. Intensity at 11.

Now I need to watch Blue Ruin, currently on Amazon prime video.
Sex Panther
AG
Saw this and Don't Breathe both in the last week. Really enjoyed both.

Green Room is very intense and very authentic feeling. Made me bummed about Anton Yelchin as well.
TCTTS
mhayden
Finally caught this one on Amazon Prime.

Thought it was solid, but really fell apart in the last 30min and kept it from being truly great.

***SPOILERS***

[sp]
* You kill 3 out of the 5 and that's all you need to set up a plausible crime scene down the road... Ok, that's fine... But then you send everybody home and leave two young idiots to take on the remaining two? That's convenient.

* Guy stands there with machete and back turned looking stupid, I guess to "look crazy"... Ok... Even though Picard just said you can shoot the other two it doesn't matter, the guy doesn't shoot him right off the bat.

* Chick is trying to get the shotgun nazi to waste his bullets so she dangles a body down... But then she drops the body with a gun down to get him to waste a round. But then shotgun kid scrambles for the gun and... jokes on him... she took the cartridge out. Wait... So you had a gun with a cartridge and you ditched the gun as part of a prop?

* And then in the final sequence head nazi guy literally just walks away while pulling his gun out? You can either take your chances and dive out of the way or just pull your gun on the two inexperienced kids, or stall for time hoping someone in the house sees what is going on. But you just turn around and walk away? Surely there was an alternate ending.
[/sp]

*** SPOILERS ***
Ol Jock 99
AG
Finally watched it last night and agree that it was generally great with a weak finish. You have these kids locked up that have been kicking your ass and you take the bulk of the soldiers to stage a crime scene? Come on.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very entertaining suspense movie. Just watched tonight.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.