GREEN ROOM

9,133 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legitimately one of the most tense and suspenseful movies I've ever seen. And one of the most brutal as well. From about 10 minutes in, all the way to the very last scene, you will absolutely be on the edge of your seat. Really, I don't think I've ever seen a movie this relentlessly gripping. It just doesn't let up, ever.

There might be a couple of (extremely) minor-but-convenient plot turns here and there, but overall, man, what a ride. Features a great cast too, with Patrick Stewart like you've never seen him before. It's beautifully shot as well, which is rare for this type of movie. Such a complete package all around, and I can't imagine not being sucked in by this one.

Green Room released in select cities on April 15, but goes wide this weekend. Definitely catch it in a theater if you can...

TCTTS
AG
Forgot to mention that McLovin was sitting behind me with a pretty attractive blonde.
hunter2012
AG

Also thanks for the heads up on this movie I'll check it out, and I'll go in blind with no trailer. I think it makes movies like this better.
The Collective
AG
Better than that movie with the goat?
TCTTS
AG
Different, not better, but almost just as good.
TajMaballer
AG
I saw this last week! Shocked at how much I liked it! My biggest beef with movies like this is that I generally don't care about the characters enough, so I don't care if they live. Not the case here! Really wanted them all to survive!
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Great to hear.
jock1020
AG
You're riding this A24 train.
TCTTS
AG
Heck yeah I am. One of my favorite studios out there.
mhayden
You fooled me once with The Witch... If you fool me again...
caleblyn
Last movie like that I saw in theater was at a theater in Shreveport with 90% blacks. A simple movie named, "The Ring." A pair of drawers later, I told myself, "Never again will I watch something like that in a theater!"

So, no thanks!
TCTTS
AG
Ha. This isn't a horror movie by any means, a genre which I admittedly had very little experience with. With Green Room, however, I can say that the pacing and tension are expertly handled, two things that transcend genre. This is just a flat out good/suspenseful movie.
TCTTS
AG
This is something wholly different from The Ring or any other horror movie. It's not a bunch of freaky jump scares or anything like that. It's just a simple, very well done thriller. Granted, with some pretty graphic imagery at times.
jock1020
AG
I'm with you. The Witch was definitely my jam. Green Room has been on my watchlist for close to a year.
TCTTS
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
The only real music in the movie is like three or so excerpts of the main cast's band performing and then the rest is a score.
Post removed:
by user
Brandamne
I'm sure we won't get this film in BCS this weekend.
BEaggie08
AG
It would be much easier to stay on top of all of these movies I need to see if this site I used to use was up and running...you may have heard of it...The Projection List
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I promise you, the new iteration is well worth the wait.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
Ha, I promise you, the new iteration is well worth the wait.
You're so money right now and you don't even know it. (well maybe you do)

You've got a reimagined TPL coming soon, and now Stallone kicking everything up a couple notches for you...I'm really happy for you Ag. Exciting stuff.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Saw this last night and loved it. Damn that was intense!
TCTTS
Gramercy Riffs
AG
To be honest, I hadn't even heard of it before you said something. Even convinced the wife to tag along. I'm looking forward to more people seeing this so we can eventually talk about the parts that made us jump or cringe the most.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one. I'm glad we caught it!
TCTTS
AG
No problem. That's great to hear.
Saxsoon
AG
The very first injury with the Arm was particularly brutal and the makeup was amazing.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
The arm was bad. There was one much later that got me because of how sudden and unexpected it was.
astros4545
AG
Did they name drop "College Station" in this movie?
That makes it a must see
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think he said the interview would air on the college station. As in, the college radio station.
TCTTS
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
The arm was bad. There was one much later that got me because of how sudden and unexpected it was.
That one got me too and how much it showed
AJ02
AG
Just got back from seeing it and wow....like others have said....really intense and the most brutality I've seen in a movie in a long time. But I have so many questions!!!

Spoiler alert!!!

Why did they kill the chick in the first place? And who slipped her the "meat grinder" note?
Why did Gabe say he wanted to go to prison?
What was the bat that was found in the guy's trunk?

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.