***Person of Interest: The Final Chapter***

6,131 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DonaldFDraper
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From start to finish, this was a good finale IMO.

Most of the stories were wrapped up by the series' end. Harold wanted to protect John, but John knew that Harold needed the protection. John pulled the ultimate switch on Harold, and protected him so that he would know that he meant something to someone. Legitimizing the pearl of wisdom The Machine was telling Harold. Harold finally got to return to Grace after having to pretend having been dead for so long to protect her from himself essentially.

Fusco somehow managed to survive all this. I was sure that he would have had a definite end, but then he also has a son IIRC.

Shaw realized whatshisname was the one that killed Root and got her revenge.

Samaritan was defeated by The Machine, and The Machine survived to apparently continue on.

I have to say, John's final stand was pretty great.

I am going to miss this show.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
From start to finish, this was a good finale IMO.

Most of the stories were wrapped up by the series' end. Harold wanted to protect John, but John knew that Harold needed the protection. John pulled the ultimate switch on Harold, and protected him so that he would know that he meant something to someone. Legitimizing the pearl of wisdom The Machine was telling Harold. Harold finally got to return to Grace after having to pretend having been dead for so long to protect her from himself essentially.

Fusco somehow managed to survive all this. I was sure that he would have had a definite end, but then he also has a son IIRC.

Shaw realized whatshisname was the one that killed Root and got her revenge.

Samaritan was defeated by The Machine, and The Machine survived to apparently continue on.

I have to say, John's final stand was pretty great.

I am going to miss this show.
I agree. I don't remember the last series I ever watched that put a bow so nicely on every detail. They really did a great job of writing this entire finale season. Oddly, it was so logical that I didn't really get emotional at all other than a bit of melancholy that some of my favorite TV characters ever are done.
AB2
AG
I thought it was as well some of a finale as you could do. Stories wrapped, characters had the bit of time to say goodbye to each other and the fanbase. Ultimately, only Root and Reese lost this year...and Reese's death was so poignant and (to use a word above) logical that it was hard to get all that upset about it.

AggieDPT
AG
Great finale and still super depressing that it's over. I did enjoy that it didn't say John's real last name on the headstone before it cut away. Wish this wasn't the end though.
Sbisa04
AG
Really enjoyed the finale. I was a little confused as to how Fusco could just go back to work since half his department just held him at gunpoint, but not that big of a deal overall.
Big Cat `93
AG
They kind of took away all doubt about what happens to Reese. Dang.

Shaw and Bear make a pretty formidable team.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Really enjoyed the finale. I was a little confused as to how Fusco could just go back to work since half his department just held him at gunpoint, but not that big of a deal overall.
I'm assuming that those guys were Samaritan's guys dressed as cops, but I thought the same thing as you.
Rex Racer
AG
********** Spoilers below *************

I'm glad they had Finch's Machine be the one to finally destroy Samaritan. I always thought that it should have been better than Samaritan, but then you had the fact that Harold had programmed it with limitations that kept it from being all it could be, and Samaritan had no such limitations.

********** End Spoilers *********************
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
********** Spoilers below *************

I'm glad they had Finch's Machine be the one to finally destroy Samaritan. I always thought that it should have been better than Samaritan, but then you had the fact that Harold had programmed it with limitations that kept it from being all it could be, and Samaritan had no such limitations.

********** End Spoilers *********************
Was it Root that altered the Machine's code a couple episodes back that allowed it to finally defeat Samaritan? I seem to remember her saying something about that to Harold and him accepting what she did.
Bregxit
AG
She altered it to allow it to choose a voice.

I think the machine found its one winning solution and didn't tell anyone so as not to compromise it.
Rex Racer
AG
Root did make a change and told Harold he was the only one who could activate it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
IIRC that was the episode "God Mode" where she basically had Harold enable the machine to do a reboot of sorts.
aggiebrad94
AG
Loved the ending. I agree that it put a nice bow on the series.
RAB91
I just finished watching last night.... This was my favorite show since Lost. I thought they did a great job wrapping up the storylines. For some reason I really liked that we got to see John and Shaw both smile in their final scenes.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Interesting full series review...

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/person-of-interest-was-anti-prestige-tv-and-too-smart-f-1787984705
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.