***Person of Interest: The Final Chapter***

6,126 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DonaldFDraper
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kicking this off pretty early. PoI's fifth and final season will begin May 3rd.

Hulla Baller
AG
Still sad this is the last season. What a bummer.
AB2
AG
So disappointed this is the last season. Gotta think they have way more than 13 episodes of story to tell.

Bregxit
AG
They're running two episodes a week starting week 2. Just in case anyone didn't know.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Damn, didn't know that. So that means that it will finish up in June sometime?
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Damn, didn't know that. So that means that it will finish up in June sometime?

June 14 I think

May 3
May 9-10
May 16-17
May 23-24
May 30-31
Jun 6-7
Jun 13-14
Ponyupag
AG
Season 1/2 were so good it's gotten a little confusing after season 2 but I still watch the show when I can. Season 1/2 are the best seasons of a tv show I have seen I absolutely loved them not sure why but POI will always be an all time favorite.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, beginning in season three we had at least three storylines going on at once which isn't counting the one off's. We had the Vigilance storyline, Greer moving more, Carter and HR's stories culminated in that season, and Samaritan vs The Machine. So I can see why that would be confusing with so many moving parts.
Big Cat `93
AG
Really going to miss this show.

I guess they're going to replace it with NCIS: Port Aransas.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Well, beginning in season three we had at least three storylines going on at once which isn't counting the one off's. We had the Vigilance storyline, Greer moving more, Carter and HR's stories culminated in that season, and Samaritan vs The Machine. So I can see why that would be confusing with so many moving parts.
I agree. This is still my favorite network show but it's gotten far too complicated with Root, HR, Samaritan, Elias, The Brotherhood. It's been too much for 4 seasons. If it had been a little more streamlined and stuck with the conflict between The Machine (good) vs Samaritan (evil) as the main, constant storyline it could have been so much more.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I guess they're going to replace it with NCIS: Port Aransas.
Well, Limitless is airing in the time slot that PoI used to have. That will wrap up next week, and looks like it will likely be renewed. If you haven't watched Limitless, I would suggest giving it a try. It's a good show in its own right and a little lighter in tone than PoI but also has a good serialized story.

CBS is likely going to dump Rush Hour, Code Black, and CSI: Cyber. I personally think that Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders is only surviving because Gary Sinise's popularity and if he wasn't it probably would be around CSI: Cyber IMO.
Sbisa04
AG
Great show
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I agree. This is still my favorite network show but it's gotten far too complicated with Root, HR, Samaritan, Elias, The Brotherhood. It's been too much for 4 seasons. If it had been a little more streamlined and stuck with the conflict between The Machine (good) vs Samaritan (evil) as the main, constant storyline it could have been so much more.
We needed the Carter and HR story for her character and it rightly ended with her. Looking back on season three though, we probably could have dumped the entire Vigilance story line and it probably still would have worked. We needed to tie up Elias and The Brotherhood, and they are done now.
Old Jock 1997
AG
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons. The last couple have been really hard to follow IMO. Plus, the layoff feels to me like 24's did -- they've been off awhile so I'm not really sure I care anymore.

I'm also not excited about what I sense will be a romance between Root and Shah. To this point, the show hasn't had much of a romantic or sexual agenda, which has been nice as none of that really impacts the storylines IMO.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
We needed the Carter and HR story for her character and it rightly ended with her. Looking back on season three though, we probably could have dumped the entire Vigilance story line and it probably still would have worked. We needed to tie up Elias and The Brotherhood, and they are done now.
Yeah, I know you need to introduce new concepts, characters, etc. throughout the series to move the story along, but they always ended up being too big a part of the show and made me wonder what the show was supposed to be about.
aggiegrad01
AG
I will miss this show. It's one that I would watch back-to-back-to-back...as soon as new seasons arrived on Netflix.

Maybe they can find a new (additional) audience on something like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu and they can continue the story line. Unless all key characters are killed off at the end of this final season.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
I will miss this show. It's one that I would watch back-to-back-to-back...as soon as new seasons arrived on Netflix.

Maybe they can find a new (additional) audience on something like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu and they can continue the story line. Unless all key characters are killed off at the end of this final season.
Possible. Per JJ Abrams:

quote:
Planning ahead of time for the Season 5 finale to also serve as a series finale, Abrams confirmed, was "the goal. But, obviously, things can be adjusted if [there's] a miraculous [ratings] performance. But I think the idea is that this would be the finale."

The discussion of shopping the series around to a new possible home, "in theory, will be had at the right time," Abrams said. "But at the moment that's not what we're doing."
jabberwalkie09
AG
They certainly hit the ground running with the premier. Two episodes next week, one Monday with the second on Tuesday. If the premier is anything to go by, this is going to be one hell of a final season.
Sbisa04
AG
Good episode
Belton Ag
AG
Watched it last night, this final season has potential.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, the episode Monday night was fairly meh IMO. I expected there to be some issue with the machine given the premier, but the second episode seemed kind of wasted to further the overall plot of the show given the shortened season.

I'll have to watch tonight's later.
Big Cat `93
AG
The Triumphant Rise And Mysterious Fall Of "Person Of Interest"
AB2
AG
Been my favorite network show for years. Very sad to see it go. They've had some old school procedural episodes his year - which I can live without - but very much got back to a season 1/2 feel for a bit.

With only 5 eps left, not sure how they can realistically finish this story...
AB2
AG
Fusco finally got his yellow box, and we got what is probably the last view of the entire team together...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Last night was a good episode. It's just too bad we have had a few pretty poor ones and that it's the final season. Really, I think everything that happened in the episode last night we can probably completely ignore the Shaw centered episode earlier this season. Shaw basically just told us what happened in it, and I felt it was more compelling seeing her in last night's episode talking about it than the episode itself.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Holy ****.

Elias and Root both died a hero for Team Machine defending Finch. I had a feeling that Elias was going to die, but I didn't see Root.

The Machine chooses Root's voice, which by the way felt like a gut punch... Harold is going full on man on fire.

Wow.
AB2
AG
Harold's speech at the end in jail is Emmy quality. One of he better TV monologues since "I am the one who knocks."

The speech, the music, "root" on the pay phone, Harold's sudden heel turn...that was a fantastic ending. 3 to go...
Big Cat `93
AG
Really strong episode for all the reasons stated above.

(BMW should use this episode in an advertising campaign.)
jabberwalkie09
AG
This was apparently Nolan's plan all along for Root.

quote:
This was always the end of Root's story, this was always where we were going. It became clear at the beginning of the season that this was the end of the ride for us and Root's journey has always been getting ever closer to The Machine, so the end of her story was always basically becoming The Machine. That's another thing I thinks separates this from the pack, and this is how Root feels about it it's an evolutionary step. We're not trying to sucker-punch the audience.
It was also mentioned that Root is also not going to be the only death Team Machine will have.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Why-Person-Interest-Big-Shock-Went-Down-According-Showrunners-141997.html
AgDC
Dang I am going to miss this show.
AggieDPT
AG
Only two episodes left
jabberwalkie09
AG
One episode left. Things are coming to a close.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Series finale is tonight!
Big Cat `93
AG
All of Team Machine dies except for Fusco, who gets his own series: Beverly Hills Fusco.

(Lame attempt at levity to distract me from the fact that it's the last episode.)
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Series finale is tonight!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.