Trailer for SAUSAGE PARTY (Seth Rogen & co)

16,090 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by '03ag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I wouldn't call it genius. In fact, I would call it sophomoric but it will probably do well financially.
You sound like a lot of fun. This is basically Toy Story, but about the grocery store and R-rated. I would call that a genius idea. It's ok to laugh at **** jokes, it doesn't make you a cretin.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.
If you say so chief.
aggiebq03+
While I hope this is great, I just don't see how it tops the South Park movie for all time best dirty cartoon movie. I mean, there was a whole musical number about Uncle ****ing. And the people in the movie were taking their kids out as people in my actual movie theater were taking their kids out.

But hope this one comes close to that greatness
98Ag99Grad
AG
Kenny Powers is one of the voices. Good enough for me.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:
Saving Private Ryan sequence for the win
I think I've watched this trailer four times now and the bit with the can's "guts" spilling out gets me every time. So great.
For TCTTS

Post flagged. This is offensive to all of the brave men and women in uniform defending your freedoms to post cap like this.
tysker
AG
quote:
quote:
For TCTTS

Post flagged. This is offensive to all of the brave men and women in uniform defending your freedoms to post cap like this.
Looks a fascist can of Italian Il Duce spaghetti to me
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Saving Private Ryan sequence for the win
I think I've watched this trailer four times now and the bit with the can's "guts" spilling out gets me every time. So great.
For TCTTS

A+ Troll
Duncan Idaho
The lack of diversity in the cast I'd also offensive/redstone.
Say Chowdah
AG
Ok, I'll admit that I didn't find a damn thing appealing about that.

:/
BMX Bandit
Initial potato screaming was funny twist. . Then, not so much
InternetFan02
AG
It's This is the End meets Toy Story. I'm in. Now let's see how long before my kids discover the trailer.
Urban Ag
AG
They already did this on an episode of the Amazing World of Gumball (which my kids love) and it was f'n hilarious. So, not really such a new concept.
Urban Ag
AG

swimmerbabe11
I watched the trailer expecting not to find it funny cause it would just be phallic jokes...but...I kinda have no idea what I think. The potato scene was kinda disturbing?...wierd to think a potato peeling too gory? I might catch this on netflix i think. Curious enough to see where they "go" with it...but not enough to go to theatres.

The cast is incredible.
Stive
AG
As I was making my kid's lunch this morning, I put some baby carrots in the lunch box, and the scene from the trailer was the first thing that came to mind. Pretty sure the next time I peel a potato, I'll hesitate before I hit it with the peeler.

FancyKetchup14
AG
Trailer 2 came out a few days ago

Fairview
AG
That second trailer was awesome.

FancyKetchup14
AG
This comes out Friday. It's getting great reviews so far. 100% on RT...granted it's only with 10 in so far.
NoHo Hank
AG
So I saw it last night. That was one of the most vulgar, racist, and absolutely hilarious movies I've ever seen. Holy **** it was funny. I can't believe it was only rated R though.
TajMaballer
AG
I read that they had to remove a pubic hair from one of the food items to make it R and not NC-17.

I was howling for most of the movie.
NoHo Hank
AG
I have no trouble believing that at all. I was dying, too. I can't believe there isn't more of an uproar against that movie though. I'd figure at least 10, maybe more, groups, ethnicities, whatever, would be protesting it.
AggieOO
quote:
I have no trouble believing that at all. I was dying, too. I can't believe there isn't more of an uproar against that movie though. I'd figure at least 10, maybe more, groups, ethnicities, whatever, would be protesting it.
its still early.
Duncan Idaho
Tried to go last night but it was sold out until the 1130 showing
Saxsoon
AG
The last ten minutes of the movie had me audibly say outloud "What the ****?! in the theater. I had a great time.
Sex Panther
AG
The orgy scene is one of the most bonkers thing I've ever seen on film. Worth the price of admission alone.
AgMarauder04
AG
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/seth-rogens-sausage-party-crashed-by-sjws-accused-of-racism/

Y'all knew this was coming.
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/seth-rogens-sausage-party-crashed-by-sjws-accused-of-racism/

Y'all knew this was coming.

Jesus Elizabeth Christ!
R0GUE
AG
News coming out that the animators of this were subjected to unpaid overtime and then erased from the credits for resigning.

http://uproxx.com/movies/sausage-party-animators-allegations-unpaid/
20ag07
So they quit in the middle of production, but want a credit? These sound like salaried employees (some willing to work nights/weekends, some whining about it) that needed to push on a project to hit deadlines. Not sure why we should feel bad for them and this faux controversy. If they were part of a typical stupid Hollywood craft union, wouldn't those rules cover that?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So they quit in the middle of production, but want a credit? These sound like salaried employees (some willing to work nights/weekends, some whining about it) that needed to push on a project to hit deadlines. Not sure why we should feel bad for them and this faux controversy. If they were part of a typical stupid Hollywood craft union, wouldn't those rules cover that?
I am pretty sure there are union rules in Hollywood that if you work on a production you have to receive credit.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
FX artists/animators are not part of any unions. The movie studios were able to keep them out because it is a newer technology/craft. As such, they are subject to appalling treatment, beyond what is reasonable to most people because the justification is "you should be passionate about your job". We aren't talking about a few hours here and there, on some nights and a few hours on Saturday. If this is akin to other situations that have happened in the past (ie. Rhythm and Hues - the studio that did Life of Pi's CG) its more likely working til midnight or later every night, and then the same hours Saturday and Sunday, for months on end.

I'm a video game artist, and I've had to do "crunch hours" myself from time to time, and even after a few weeks it really begins to suck. It's a similar industry to the VFX industry. There is no justification for treating your employees like this for any longer than is absolutely necessary. But a lot of times studios do this to cut costs, not because they can't afford it but because they want higher profits.

Here is a good article about past situations that have arisen in the VFX world. So far the situation surrounding Sausage Party is hearsay, but eventually the truth will come out.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/20/business/la-fi-ct-visual-effects-workers-20120420

This is a situation that affects a lot of Aggie graduates, as we have tons of students from the Viz Lab employed in the Hollywood VFX industry. You might want to show a little more sympathy to your fellow Ags.
20ag07
So we've got people willingly going into an industry with known busy seasons of 80 hours but $75K+ salaries? This is hardly "appaling" of a sweatshop variety. Where is the "sympathy" party for all the ag lawyers, accountants, etc who willingly go into the same and aren't forming unions?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
So we've got people willingly going into an industry with known busy seasons of 80 hours but $75K+ salaries? This is hardly "appaling" of a sweatshop variety. Where is the "sympathy" party for all the ag lawyers, accountants, etc who willingly go into the same and aren't forming unions?
Very few fx artists make $75K. And lawyers, accountants, etc. don't get dumped by their employers as soon as a project they are on ends, left to scramble looking for a new one.

Meanwhile big budget movies make hundreds of millions of dollars, if not over a billion. Is it really so much to make sure they are treated fairly?
Know Your Enemy
AG
I was really looking forward to this but thought it kinda sucked. It has a couple laughs and the orgy scene was hilarious but other than that the theater was pretty silent.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
FX artists/animators are not part of any unions. The movie studios were able to keep them out because it is a newer technology/craft. As such, they are subject to appalling treatment, beyond what is reasonable to most people because the justification is "you should be passionate about your job". We aren't talking about a few hours here and there, on some nights and a few hours on Saturday. If this is akin to other situations that have happened in the past (ie. Rhythm and Hues - the studio that did Life of Pi's CG) its more likely working til midnight or later every night, and then the same hours Saturday and Sunday, for months on end.

I'm a video game artist, and I've had to do "crunch hours" myself from time to time, and even after a few weeks it really begins to suck. It's a similar industry to the VFX industry. There is no justification for treating your employees like this for any longer than is absolutely necessary. But a lot of times studios do this to cut costs, not because they can't afford it but because they want higher profits.

Here is a good article about past situations that have arisen in the VFX world. So far the situation surrounding Sausage Party is hearsay, but eventually the truth will come out.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/20/business/la-fi-ct-visual-effects-workers-20120420

This is a situation that affects a lot of Aggie graduates, as we have tons of students from the Viz Lab employed in the Hollywood VFX industry. You might want to show a little more sympathy to your fellow Ags.

Sounds like public accounting.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.