Trailer for SAUSAGE PARTY (Seth Rogen & co)

15,995 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by '03ag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Given the context, this concept might be borderline genius... showcased in the debut trailer for what is apparently a hilariously filthy movie according to reports from those who just got out of the SXSW premiere tonight. As for the rest of us, we'll have to wait 'til August to see this one, and I never thought I'd be looking forward to an animated movie this much...

SeattleAgJr
holy crap!

I saw it said "Red Band" but it was CGI, and I was thinking, no way someone would make a big budget R rated CGI movie...

Then I saw the vagina-hot dog buns, and ,......
Agmaniacmike12
Fan-****ing-tastic!
PatAg
AG
oh my god, genius
ArmchairCowboy
AG
I wouldn't call it genius. In fact, I would call it sophomoric but it will probably do well financially.
gigemJTH12
AG
that cast though
boy09
AG

quote:
"Sausage Party appalled him [Sacha Baron Cohen] in some ways. We brought him to a screening where we watched the hand drawn version of the movie and he could not believe it 'that is the single craziest ****ing thing I've seen in my whole life' He said, 'Just know you've gotten successful enough to make the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life.'"
Ok, I'm in.
Mr. White
We knew in 5th grade that the kid drawing wieners wasn't "genius". Do we really want to use that term now?
M.C. Swag
AG
This will get my money
AggieOO
i'm hoping it ends up being good, but the trailer worries me that they are trying too hard.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
i'm hoping it ends up being good, but the trailer worries me that they are trying too hard.
What, exactly, does that even mean?
AggieOO
forcing jokes and cursing just b/c its animated.

and yes, i've seen Rogen's movies and know they already include a lot of the above.
starched_bingo
I'm predicting many food pron jokes
Sex Panther
AG
TC, you weren't able to make it to South By this year were you?
TCTTS
AG
Nope, but next year for sure. We'll be there pimping the sh*t out of The Industry.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Nope, but next year for sure. We'll be there pimping the sh*t out of The Industry.

Awesome, my buddy will be there next year as well. I'm definitely gonna make it down. May even finally get a wristband.

I was gonna ask if you could give us a board update on The Industry? Haven't heard much from you in a while... Anything you can divulge to us? No worries if you can't though.
gigemJTH12
AG
Hey guys dont let the thread title confuse you..

This is about the movie.

Not your own individual sausage party.
TCTTS
AG
Will post in the other thread so as to not derail this one...
Sex Panther
AG
I'll have a sausage party any and every where I get a chance
The Milkman
AG
quote:
TC, you weren't able to make it to South By this year were you?
No time to finish the name of the festival?
AggieOO
that's a very common way to refer to the festival.
LeonardSkinner
Saving Private Ryan sequence for the win
PatAg
AG
quote:
I wouldn't call it genius. In fact, I would call it sophomoric but it will probably do well financially.
You sound like a lot of fun. This is basically Toy Story, but about the grocery store and R-rated. I would call that a genius idea. It's ok to laugh at **** jokes, it doesn't make you a cretin.
TCTTS
AG
Bingo. "Genius" in the movie business probably has a slightly different meaning as well. I didn't mean this is a super smart plot written by Albert Einstein, but rather the idea itself is one of those "How have we not seen this before?" type of ideas. We've reached a point where every idea under the sun has been attempted, so it's somewhat special when something this obvious (in a good way) is able to surprise us. That, and it looks to be executed brilliantly, R rating and all.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Saving Private Ryan sequence for the win
I think I've watched this trailer four times now and the bit with the can's "guts" spilling out gets me every time. So great.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah funny innuendo and gags....but i don't get the message if there is one...are we not supposed to eat food?

i mean often these animated movies have a hidden message. but they seemed to be eating meats and veggies alike so its not like its a vegan message. plus it was processed meat not like animals. hmmmm.

whats the idea, these foods are supposed to be bought and taken home....and left to rot? he has to warn everyone so they sit on the shelf and expire? doesn't seem like a well thought out premise if you just think about it for 2 seconds.

maybe there is no message and its just supposed to be stupid funny. if so....ok.

gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
yeah funny innuendo and gags....but i don't get the message if there is one...are we not supposed to eat food?

i mean often these animated movies have a hidden message. but they seemed to be eating meats and veggies alike so its not like its a vegan message. plus it was processed meat not like animals. hmmmm.

whats the idea, these foods are supposed to be bought and taken home....and left to rot? he has to warn everyone so they sit on the shelf and expire? doesn't seem like a well thought out premise if you just think about it for 2 seconds.

maybe there is no message and its just supposed to be stupid funny. if so....ok.

its supposed to be about "finding your true purpose" I believe.
tysker
AG
maybe its to make us accept that hot dogs are truly lips and *******s
Post removed:
by user
Baskin
AG
quote:
Is this real?
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:
quote:

its supposed to be about "finding your true purpose" I believe.

Who gives a ****, it's funny!
gigemJTH12
AG
I wasnt making a negative comment. I just read that somewhere. I was giving a sincere answer.
Sex Panther
AG
The Saving Private Ryan spoof is awesome. Really looking forward to this. Apparently there's some kind of orgy scene that's supposed to be ridiculous.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
The Saving Private Ryan spoof is awesome. Really looking forward to this. Apparently there's some kind of orgy scene that's supposed to be ridiculous.
Whew, I was scared the orgy scene would be tame.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
You sound like a lot of fun. This is basically Toy Story, but about the grocery store and R-rated. I would call that a genius idea. It's ok to laugh at **** jokes, it doesn't make you a cretin.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.