Silicon Valley - Season 3

102,035 Views | 632 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

it's scary how much our world reflects PCU now.
Sex Panther
AG
I love PCU... movie was so ahead of it's time.

Me and some friends watched it one night in high school randomly and we still quote it all the time...

"I dunno... lets just give up"
MW03
AG
This should have been included in the random movie quote thread:

quote:
Rand McPherson, everybody!! And don't forget the 9:30 show is completely different than the 7:30 show. Enjoy the veal!
Rudyjax
AG
I was at A&M when it came out. I realized how ****ty it was in teh corp.
Max Power
AG

quote:
I love PCU... movie was so ahead of it's time.

Me and some friends watched it one night in high school randomly and we still quote it all the time...

"I dunno... lets just give up"
Crazy that movie is 22 years old, I still love it so very much.

Can you blow me where the pampers is?

Those aren't women, those are womynists.

You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

These are the causeheads, they find a world-threatening issue and stick with it for about a week.

I think that Bisexual Asian Studies should have its own building. The question is who goes? The math department or the hockey team? ... I think Hockey, call me about it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Wasn't he also a character in the HBO show "Big Love"?

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Sorry if this another super obvious thing that's been covered before, but I just realized where I recognized Gavin Belson from:

Dude, that is Christian Bale
Centerpole90
AG
Over $20,036,000 at our disposal.
Sentinel
AG
Jared's analogy.
Complete Idiot
Glad the monstrosity that is the American Bulldog was exposed.
Centerpole90
AG
Good episode. The ad on the Hooli site was hilarious.
Btron
AG
"I hope you have a pool skimmer because there is a giant turd in your pool."
k20dub
AG
I feel like something big happens every episode. Not necessarily a bad thing just an observation.
bkag9824
AG
Dang
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Glad the monstrosity that is the American Bulldog was exposed.

Bring it back out!
Deputy Travis Junior
The first 10 minutes were slow, but the back half of this episode was chalk full of hilarious scenes.

-the spiritual mentor's Machiavellian scheme to get his old parking spot back.
-the bulldog presentation
-for some reason, Erlich being the first one to realize the effects of Gavin putting a value on the platform and then choking on his weed smoke for the next 45 seconds really cracked me up.
-and then the best scene of all was the welcoming Endframe to Hooli sequence. After all the hubbub about bringing in new blood, Gavin accidentally rehires 2/3 of the old Nucleus group and then makes a speech about how happy he in to hire outside guys. The face shots of the same guys we watched over the last two seasons made me freaking lose it. So, so, so funny.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Jared's analogy.
Sometimes they overdo his odd manner of speech so that it isn't particularly funny, but I thought "the lion tore into the bison and then laid waste to the herd" was peak Jerod.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ok....generally i liked this but....

just TWO episodes ago they said there was no way she could fire the CEO because they already replaced a CEO once. now just like that he's gone.

and they didn't even follow through on the Meinertzhagen's Haversack because there was no secret double cross.

this show does more backbends and manipulations....good thing it is funny while it is doing it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
for some reason, Erlich being the first one to realize the effects of Gavin putting a value on the platform and then choking on his weed smoke for the next 45 seconds really cracked me up.

This was hilarious.
BassCowboy33
I don't know how, but each episode keeps getting better and better.
BassCowboy33
quote:

just TWO episodes ago they said there was no way she could fire the CEO because they already replaced a CEO once. now just like that he's gone.

and they didn't even follow through on the Meinertzhagen's Haversack because there was no secret double cross.

this show does more backbends and manipulations....good thing it is funny while it is doing it.

It explained the firing of Jack by explaining the setting of the price point. Like Erlich and Jared said, setting a price point changes everything. It allows an actual value to be put on the middle-out algorithm, which showed that Richard's platform was far more valuable than Jack's box. Therefore, the investor will obviously remove Jack as it becomes evident that his idea isn't as valuable and the company wasn't moving in the right direction.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

Not to offend you, but you're missing tons.

mazag08
AG
The entire last episode is now complete gold as it was revealed that they wasted all that time only to end up bickering and prideful and building a ridiculously awesome box.. only for that to go out the window.

This whole seasons theme is about them accidentally wasting ridiculous amounts of time by being entirely too good and not knowing it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not missing anything. There was tons of great stuff. Just 2 nit picks nagging at my brain.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not missing anything. There was tons of great stuff. Just 2 nit picks nagging at my brain.

Right, but the episode actually explained Action Jack's firing in the dialogue.
PooDoo
AG
If only there was a show based on a series of books you could read that would lay the story out in great detail so it would be easier for you to follow along.

It's Beavis and Butthead grown up. Just enjoy it.
TheMasterplan
AARP joke was awesome
Post removed:
by user
double aught
AG
I wouldn't have caught it.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We get it, you're smart.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That's the pint, the programmers have zero business sense. Erich and the chicken should have been on it in an instant, then having both explained it to the others. I can let it slide because it was so funny. And Big Head with nearly zero talent on oar with what's needed in Silicon Valley just falling back asswards into money. He's Kramer.
Btron
AG
quote:
We get it, you're smart.
You were right, we were wrong
You're smart, we're dumb
You're good looking, we're unattractive.

bkag9824
AG
Couldn't have had Erlich's epic coughing sesh without it. And I was too busy cracking up to give a damn about idiot programmers not understanding product/company valuation strategy.
Duncan Idaho
My recording cut out T the last second. Who is the new CEO?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.