Silicon Valley - Season 3

101,708 Views | 632 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I mean I swear to god, your d icks would have blown out the back of your ass holes if you had been there.
You forgot the best part - when he added on "hand to God" and raised his hand.
Thunder18
AG
Jin Yang's prank call was phenomenal
Complete Idiot
1:24

Objective Aggie
AG
Well we do already have the jackets . . .
El Mero Guero
quote:
Yeah, Erlich and Jin Yang's scenes are the best in the show.

"We don't burn trash in this country."

And Erlich prounouncing everything like a ******bag... "San Franceeesco"
One of my favs was "This is Palo Alto, we don't enjoy all the freedoms that you have in China."
Professor Frick
AG
Guy is pretty funny in real life too

Pasquale Liucci
AG
Still can't get over this line, maybe my favorite of this season.

"It was like I was Bobby Fischer if he could really f***"

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:

I don't get that line.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't get that line.

He is saying he played it like a master chess player. But, one that is also really good in bed (inferring that he is indeed, really good in bed).

It turns out jokes aren't funny when explained.....
double aught
AG
It kinda reminds me of the old Simpsons joke where the school bus gets out of control and Milhouse says "It's like Speed 2, but with a bus instead of a boat!"
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:

I don't get that line.
A quick Google search says Bobby Fischer was a chess grandmaster. He's considered one of the best players of all time.

"If he could really ****" was just Erlich sliding in an unrelated brag about his sexual prowess.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't get that line.
A quick Google search says Bobby Fischer was a chess grandmaster. He's considered one of the best players of all time.

"If he could really ****" was just Erlich sliding in an unrelated brag about his sexual prowess.

I know who Bobby Fisher is. I am just slow to get the joke.
Btron
AG
jtmoney03
AG
Tres comas!

JJxvi
AG
Russ Hanneman is based on Mark Cuban, the point of the Tres Comas joke was to make fun of Cuban.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Russ Hanneman is based on Mark Cuban, the point of the Tres Comas joke was to make fun of Cuban.

JJxvi
AG
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

And also Mark put radio on the Internet.
Objective Aggie
AG
Russ has lots of parallels with Cuban but is not a carbon copy. The parallels are (1) invent ROI (radio on Internet), (2) tres commas, and (3) has done just about nothing since.

Russ is a spectacular character.
Deputy Travis Junior
Russ definitely borrows from Cuban, but the third isn't totally accurate. Cuban bought the Mavs and has done a great job with them and has had success with other investments too. His net worth has climbed from ~1 billion to 3 over the past decade and a half, a time period that spans a horrible recession, so he's not doing too badly.
Duncan Idaho
What he has done with the mass has been pretty impressive
R0GUE
AG
Also, I got the opportunity to meet and talk to Mark Cuban a few years ago at Normathon. I realize to the world he comes off as a ****** or a frat boy at times, especially the way he talks on camera. He talks like he knows everything and he jokes too much. But at that radio event, he treated everyone who was there like one of his buddies. For example I wanted his autograph but had forgotten to bring a book or even a sheet of paper with me, so the only thing I could find in my car was a cardboard boxtop. A lot of billionaires probably would have sneered or made fun of signing that, but all he said was "this reminds me of the box I had to live in when I first moved to Dallas." He deprecated himself, which is not something a lot of rich people do.

Anyway, I know he's hated by a lot of people, some of its earned with his sports opinions. But he seems like an A-OK guy in my book. Give me 1000 Mark Cubans over 1 Donald Trump.
Rudyjax
AG
A good friend works in the corporate office of the Mavs. He doesn't tolerate fools.
JJxvi
AG
No matter how many white knight mavs fans show up and defend the guy it wont change the fact that russ hanneman is mark cuban. Its a comedy, its ok.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
No matter how many white knight mavs fans show up and defend the guy it wont change the fact that russ hanneman is mark cuban. Its a comedy, its ok.

do you think this is some kind of original thought? thanks for the insight i guess.
JJxvi
AG
We arent exactly analyzing shakespeare here, so no. The last few posts are inarguably suddenly weird pro Mark Cuban posts, so just commenting on thread. You mad?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
mad about what?
Ragoo
AG
The way your doors open probably.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
they go like this.

not like this.
R0GUE
AG
Why is it weird? We were just discussing the differences between Henneman and Cuban. We all know it's obviously a charicature based on Cuban.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
We arent exactly analyzing shakespeare here, so no. The last few posts are inarguably suddenly weird pro Mark Cuban posts, so just commenting on thread. You mad?

i'll help you out. there was one post poking fun at yours (the captain obvious gif), the subsequent posts talking about cuban were in response to objective aggie's post.
JJxvi
AG
Yeah got all that.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you sure?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Just saw a commercial from HP called "The Machine" ... Claims it's what all technology for the next 250 years would be based upon set in a Star Trek history lesson scene...

I immediately thought of The Box
israeliag
AG
Wrap up the last couple episodes last night. Haven't followed this thread, so maybe it's been said, but Jared has been the clear best of the group this season. He had, or was the butt of, at least a couple literal laugh out loud jokes each episode.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.