The Affair season 2

5,528 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mavsfan4ever
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Alison an egg laying mammal?
mt3950
AG
quote:

Hahaha...yes!!! Her upper lip is the worst.
Dinger
So what we learned from this episode:

• Helen really wants to keep Noah from prison.
  • She'll do whatever she can in order to keep him free ie. pacifier stealing
  • Going back to their college made her miss him more
  • Whitney is even more annoying than last time
  • Noah can't keep his hands off any woman close to him and he can't throw a punch
  • Noah thinks Helen is a sloppy drunk each time his parts come up
  • They would have had another child when she was 19 and he still feels bad about that
  • Noah thinks Whitney is the same way Helen was as a teenager.

Looking forward to next episode. I think the wife and I are going to watch Billions when it premiers.
cmk10
AG
quote:
So what we learned from this episode:

• Helen really wants to keep Noah from prison.
  • She'll do whatever she can in order to keep him free ie. pacifier stealing
  • Going back to their college made her miss him more
  • Whitney is even more annoying than last time
  • Noah can't keep his hands off any woman close to him and he can't throw a punch
  • Noah thinks Helen is a sloppy drunk each time his parts come up
  • They would have had another child when she was 19 and he still feels bad about that
  • Noah thinks Whitney is the same way Helen was as a teenager.

Looking forward to next episode. I think the wife and I are going to watch Billions when it premiers.
Whitney is by far the worst character on the show!!!!
scoodogg
AG
Showtime gave us Dana Brody and now they are giving us Whitney Solloway.
blackflame
AG
I feel like towards the end of last season everyone was talking about how they had no idea how they would create a story for Season 2, and I think they've done a good job with it, so I've stopped worrying about that.

I've really liked the inclusion of Helen and Cole's perspective's, and last nights episode really made me finally just hate Noah, especially when its his version just acknowledging how much of a drunk/power hungry/angry mess he is.

Dinger
quote:
I feel like towards the end of last season everyone was talking about how they had no idea how they would create a story for Season 2, and I think they've done a good job with it, so I've stopped worrying about that.

I've really liked the inclusion of Helen and Cole's perspective's, and last nights episode really made me finally just hate Noah, especially when its his version just acknowledging how much of a drunk/power hungry/angry mess he is.

Totally agree with you on the additional perspectives. It really shows you the insecurity that Helen has and the arrogance of Noah. Cole seems so broken and he knows it. Cole and Allision have some major issues, but they are best for each other. Noah should be left to himself.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

Hahaha...yes!!! Her upper lip is the worst.

Her face reminded me of something for the longest time and I couldn't put my finger on it. Pulled out an old classic to watch and FOUND IT:
Al Bula
AG
Nearly all the folks bagging on that actress couldn't score with her if they tried.
mt3950
AG
Nearly all the folks bagging on her wouldn't want to score with her if she wasn't an actress.

What's your point?
TCTTS
AG
I've seen in her person and she's stunning in real life. You guys are all crazy.
marble rye
AG
And tonight's episode puts Noah as the frontrunner for most loathsome. Cole as #2. I'm only watching at this point tof see them all self-destruct and hopefully see Whitney get hit by a car.
mt3950
AG
The only thing I've learned from this show is that EVERYONE in Brooklyn, Harlem, montauk love to have sex, no matter the consequence. Seriously, everyone.
Al Bula
AG
Did the show just jump the shark?

Noah at a party and runs into Max and his daughter?

Helen at a bar and runs into the doc who operated on her sun, brings him home and bangs him?
mavsfan4ever
AG
I was dozing off while watching. Why exactly did cole set the house on fire? And is he planning on getting out of there alive?
REMtx
My wife and I had a good chuckle when the nurse felt around the outside of Alison's stomach and said she was 5cm dilated.

Also laughed when Noah saw Whitney. That kid is gonna need some therapy.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

Helen at a bar and runs into the doc who operated on her sun, brings him home and bangs him?

Yeah that was a tad ridiculous at the end. Don't know what to think of all that yet.
Dinger
On a positive note, I did like them changing it up with the times and not just focus on one character's view.
marble rye
AG
quote:
My wife and I had a good chuckle when the nurse felt around the outside of Alison's stomach and said she was 5cm dilated.

Also laughed when Noah saw Whitney. That kid is gonna need some therapy.

She had a hand in her tooty hole also. She lubed up one hand.
marble rye
AG
quote:
The only thing I've learned from this show is that EVERYONE in Brooklyn, Harlem, montauk love to have sex, no matter the consequence. Seriously, everyone.

It seems like every show depicts people living in NYC, Brooklyn, etc, as spoiled and devoid of any reality. I'm guessing this is a trend. Lol
cmk10
AG
Do we think Allison's baby is Cole's, his brother or Noah's?????
TCTTS
AG
There's no way the baby is Cole's brother's. I think that's a bit of misdirection. I definitely think it's Cole's, though.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
There's no way the baby is Cole's brother's. I think that's a bit of misdirection. I definitely think it's Cole's, though.

Yep. The quote IIRC in the video they think the brother was telling her was "that's OUR baby."

The misdirection is thinking OUR= he and Allison, but what he really means in "our" is that the baby is a Lockhart...thus proving the curse of the Lockharts is not real, or whatever.
TCTTS
AG
Bingo.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

I agree with MOST of this, but you have to admit...Max would definitely be at a party like that, so that part isn't so far-fetched.

marble rye
AG
Excellent episode this week! It drew me back in. Every show makes one character more hated and it never seems to be the same one each week.

Really got to see what makes Noah tick and his theory about Great men being good men (as fathers) was spot on.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, about halfway through that scene it hit me that that was going to be his entire segment, and it was so well done. A 30-minute conversation between two characters, in one room, is not an easy thing to pull off, but I thought it was fantastic.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
For the record, I think Alison is hot in spite of the awning under her nose..

Anyone still watching? Who's your main suspect? I think it's the lawyer friend...
Bunk Moreland
Definitely still watching. The therapist scene last week saved me from the Whitney party scene the week before.

I liked last night. Getting interesting with Max testifying
mt3950
AG
I hated the show at first. Now I enjoy it. I'll keep watching.
Al Bula
AG
Hoping for a twist at the end of the season. Like Noah going free. As much as I enjoy this show, I am not sure how they can drag out the trial into next season and still have it be compelling.
mt3950
AG
quote:
Hoping for a twist at the end of the season. Like Noah going free. As much as I enjoy this show, I am not sure how they can drag out the trial into next season and still have it be compelling.

Wasn't sure how they'd progress into season 2 of homeland either but they did. This show won't be any different. They'll figure it out.
BurnetAggie99
Max testifying was a nice twist. I think Noah's lawyer that the baby is not his and they need to use it the in the trial
mavsfan4ever
AG
I don't think Noah would want to use the fact that the Baby is not his in the trial. If anything, that makes him appear more guilty.
TCTTS
AG
Really looking forward to the finale on Sunday. This season has been on fire.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.