The Affair season 2

5,519 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mavsfan4ever
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the pleasant surprises from last season. This show may have staying power. Starts tonight
Dinger
Helen's perspective is an interesting twist. Good start to season 2.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Thought it was a good first episode. What happened at the end of season 2? Was the main actor arrested for murder? Are we just skipping over that part this season? Seems like he's in jail for a hit and run now and I don't remember anything about a bit and run last season.

Al Bula
AG
quote:
Thought it was a good first episode. What happened at the end of season 2? Was the main actor arrested for murder? Are we just skipping over that part this season? Seems like he's in jail for a hit and run now and I don't remember anything about a bit and run last season.
There is a future timeline in this story. When Noah was arrested at the end of Season 1, he was living in an apartment. When we see him living on the Hudson River in Season 2, this takes place before his arrest at the end of Season 1.

I don't know how the dream hit-and-run plays into this yet, but the detective talking to Noah in the jail is talking about a male victim, I'm assuming it is the brother of Cole who knocked up Noah's teenage daughter.
Bunk Moreland
yeah you've got it. That's how I see it as well.

We don't know how season 1 finale resolved totally with that arrest and/or crime(we'll find out in the flash backs dealing with the hit and run I assume), and we are also seeing the "split" versions of present time divorce proceedings and life.

Man, the old woman does an amazing job at being the most evil ***** on earth.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ok, I couldn't tell if we were supposed to infer that Noah was arrested for the hit and run at the end of season 1? I do think the victim is cole's brother.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought we knew Coles brother was killed in season 1. If so, then I thought Noah was arrested for his death in season 1, which could have been a hit and run. I always assumed it was mirder but. Hit and run would make sense too.

Obviously I need to go back and watch the finale of season 1 again.
mavsfan4ever
AG
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/artsbeat/2015/10/05/the-affair-season-2-premiere-recap/?referer=

According to the above article the jail scene happens right after Noah's arrest in season 1 (they could be wrong but they say he's wearing the same shirt). So that means the season 1 arrest was for the but and run on cole...at least that's what I'm thinking.

Last season the detective scenes were future scenes. This season are the detective scenes from the past?
mavsfan4ever
AG
After some more reading here is how I think it's playing out: the arrest in season 1 for the murder of Coles brother is a future timeline (Noah is in a nice apartment and is with Allison). The "murder" is a hit and run. The jail scene in season 2 is also a future timeline that takes place right after the arrest. The rest of season 2 takes place in the "present" after the story of season 1 takes place and before the time of the arrest.
Bunk Moreland
Edit. See a few posts below.
ellebee
quote:
After some more reading here is how I think it's playing out: the arrest in season 1 for the murder of Coles brother is a future timeline (Noah is in a nice apartment and is with Allison). The "murder" is a hit and run. The jail scene in season 2 is also a future timeline that takes place right after the arrest. The rest of season 2 takes place in the "present" after the story of season 1 takes place and before the time of the arrest.

This is how I see it as well.
Bunk Moreland
Edit.

Re read mavs post and I agree as well. Last year was future time line from the hit and run
Al Bula
AG
So was Scotty killed by Noah or Cole?

The Unreliable Narrator POV is interesting and also frustrating. Still one of my favorite new shows.

Also wondering about the dream Noah had where he ran down a woman in the road. The dream showed it happening in a very wooded area, which I suppose could still be on Long Island.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Noah was arrested for Scotty's murder, but I don't think we really know who killed Scotty as of now.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Kinda a slow episode this week.
marble rye
AG
On no other show, besides Girls on HBO, do I absolutely loathe all 4 main characters.

And their kids all need a beating except for the youngest.

Of course, I'll keep watching. I hate Allison the most. Her mouth is the weirdest.
TCTTS
AG
Last year right around this time, one night, I was planning on grabbing Chipotle down the street, bringing it back to my apartment, and eating it while watching The Affair. When I got Chipotle, to my surprise... I ended up in line behind Joshua Jackson.

Fast forward to tonight, when I was planning on picking up food on the way home from work, and again eating it while watching last night's episode of The Affair. Instead, a friend of mine called me as I'm leaving work and wanted to meet up to watch Monday Night Football. I agreed, and when I got to the bar, next to us is... Joshua Jackson.

In other words, the two times I've ever planned / made it a point to grab food to eat during The Affair, I've run into Joshua Jackson.

This means something. I just don't know what.
Dinger
quote:
On no other show, besides Girls on HBO, do I absolutely loathe all 4 main characters.

And their kids all need a beating except for the youngest.

Of course, I'll keep watching. I hate Allison the most. Her mouth is the weirdest.
Agree with everything you said. My wife and I have to look somewhere else on the screen when Allison is talking.
cab595
I thought last weeks episode was the best. Especially the scene with the 'husband that was supposed to be golfing'.
TCTTS
AG
Halfway into this this season, and I have to say I'm enjoying it way more than last season. The story is way more interesting, more complex, and I love the added perspectives. Maybe my favorite show currently airing, and I never thought I'd say that.
ellebee
Really enjoy it. She's wrong for hooking up with her ex. That's going to send him over the edge.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I think it's been really good this season.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I really like Joshua jackson's character
Bunk Moreland
No talk about last night?

That ep got a little rapey. Or borderline. But I guess Noah got that ending he wanted.

Also, man I have been waiting so long for Helen to tell her mom off. Finally got it
ellebee
Yeah it did. I'm glad that ***** got told off, too.

Any idea what evidence Oscar has? Can't recall if they said already. I knew it was him that was blackmailing them.
Dinger
I have a theory that Helen and Noah got back together after he married Allison. Now he is having an affair with his ex wife. The way they looked at each other during the 10 days their son was in the hospital and him saying it was the best 10 days leads me to that conclusion . That may explain why Helen is paying for the lawyer and to pay Oscar for his secret.
TCTTS
AG
I like that theory. Makes sense. Good call.
ellebee
I was gonna post the same thing. Why else would she pay all the lawyer fees?
Al Bula
AG
i wonder how much longer this show can go on. i'm enjoying it but unless they drag other extramarital affairs into it, don't see how it can sustain itself as 'The Affair.'

ftr, i don't think Noah or Cole killed Scotty.
ellebee
Who do you think did? I don't think Noah did but I'm not sure who.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I have a theory that Helen and Noah got back together after he married Allison. Now he is having an affair with his ex wife. The way they looked at each other during the 10 days their son was in the hospital and him saying it was the best 10 days leads me to that conclusion . That may explain why Helen is paying for the lawyer and to pay Oscar for his secret.

I immediately thought that as well when watching. There's definitely motive for why Helen will spend whatever it takes to get Noah off, and it's not simply because "he's the father of my children"
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Who do you think did? I don't think Noah did but I'm not sure who.
the chick that Scotty is banging on the boat may have reason to kill him. His drug suppliers also... I'm thinking the second season ends with the trial starting or partially through but no verdict reached. Or the jury is about to give a verdict for a cliffhanger. Really don't see how this can stretch out past a third season though.
Counterpoint
AG
I hope they set an ending date in stone (far in advance), so they can plan everything out.

Al Bula
AG
interesting episode. guessing that scotty is saying the baby belongs to the lockharts, not his specifically.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah jusy finished myself. Definitely interesting episode. Whitney.... What a *****
ellebee
I'm assuming now that it was Allison that killed Scotty, unless that's what they want us to think.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.