Star Wars: Rebels- Season 2

39,990 Views | 363 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AliasMan02
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Animation looks much improved this season!
JCRiley09
AG
Spoilers from first episode below...

Okay, so someone explain why Vader wanted them to get away. Because there is no way Vader would have been outsmarted by Kanan and Ezra in that first confrontation.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Spoilers from first episode below...

Okay, so someone explain why Vader wanted them to get away. Because there is no way Vader would have been outsmarted by Kanan and Ezra in that first confrontation.
It makes sense if you think about it in aggregate.

They (Imperials) had a tracker on the shuttle. Their main interest was to find the rest of this rebel cell that is operating in the Lothal system.

By letting it go the first time, he knew they would leave the planet, but would first lay low. The rest of the "effort" by the Imperials was to make it look like the Imperials were trying to get them. The Star Destroyer captain was making a good faith effort to blow the ship up. If they managed to blow them out of the sky, then no more rebels *a win). IF the ship was to escape (which it did) then the Imperials could use the tracking beacon to find the other ships (also a win).
Philip J Fry
AG
Throw back/forward on letting Luke/Han/Leia go in episode 4.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Throw back/forward on letting Luke/Han/Leia go in episode 4.
Or maybe Vader just has a problem with procrastination.
txagman1998
AG
Nice to see a little X-Wing vs. Tie FIghter action thrown into the mix.
Mr. White
Fun to watch a SW production with both Billy Dee Williams and James Earl Jones again.
Vade281
AG
Great episode!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm glad Darth Vader was portrayed as an appropriately unstoppable force. The rebels only escape because he lets them (and because of a tractor beam trick), but Vader consistently shows he is the best at EVERYTHING and way, way out of the rebels' league.

Now that the inquisitors have been dispatched, I suspect we'll see less of Vader against the crew. Definitely looking forward to him vs. Ahsoka sometime, though (a fight I'm sure we'll see them wage time and time again over the series' run).
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I'm glad Darth Vader was portrayed as an appropriately unstoppable force. The rebels only escape because he lets them (and because of a tractor beam trick), but Vader consistently shows he is the best at EVERYTHING and way, way out of the rebels' league.

Now that the inquisitors have been dispatched, I suspect we'll see less of Vader against the crew. Definitely looking forward to him vs. Ahsoka sometime, though (a fight I'm sure we'll see them wage time and time again over the series' run).
Well, you have to use him sparingly. Otherwise if he keeps losing the Rebels at the last minute, his menace and reputation would take a huge hit.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Haven't watched any Rebels yet, but does Ashoka know that Vader is Anakin?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

Haven't watched any Rebels yet, but does Ashoka know that Vader is Anakin?
That is what she most likely just learned in the special.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Finally saw the premiere and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Kaanan's not wanting to get involved with the Rebellion more than necessary surely has an interesting story behind it; Vader's absolute ruthlessness in his tactics - burning the village down where they used to take refuge, just to make people suffer; etc. Vader's solo attack on the Rebel task force proved how bad-ass a pilot Anakin Skywalker was more than anything in the 3 prequels. The best star pilot in the galaxy is involved in one space battle as an adult! WTF!

I really like that Asohka doesn't share with the others who she thinks Vader is/was. That tension will build and build. I also think Vader is probably going to kill one of the Rebels at some point, even before killing Asokha. Maybe the big guy.

Just really well executed, and great seeing the interplay with Palps being so similar to ESB, and loved that when Palps mentions other Jedi, Vader IMMEDIATELY thinks Obi-Wan. Revenge, anyone?
amercer
AG
Good stuff.

So the rest will come in the fall?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wiki says the next episode is in the fall and is called "The Lost Commanders" - noting the return of Rex and other Clones from TCW.
Knife_Party
Next one isn't until the fall? ****.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The season will return October 14 at 9:30 Eastern.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/08/report-star-wars-rebels-season-two-to.html
jabberwalkie09
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm sure we all know that Gregor, Wolffe, and Rex will be in the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/09/17/star-wars-rebels-clones-exclusive-clip/32562885/
jabberwalkie09
AG
Clip from tomorrow's episode.

Duncan Idaho
I've been slowly working through clone wars on flights.

I can't believe that they kept this as canon. I mean the episode with father force and his two kids: light side and dark side.

Then anything with jar jar.

Anikin alternating between being superman with the force and being one step above jar jar.

I really hate (and I hated this in the prequels ) having chewie cross paths with the rest of the main cast.

There areally a bunch others.

Rebels hasn't really suffered from these as yet.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I can't believe that they kept this as canon. I mean the episode with father force and his two kids: light side and dark side.

I didn't like the Mortis Arc.... But that was Lucas exerting his control over the series. IIRC he really wanted that arc to be done.....

Yeah, anything with Jar Jar in it I pretty much skipped the episode.
wangus12
AG
After watching that Return of the Clones extra, I'm pretty much convinced they'll kill off Rex and the others in some sacrificial way.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

So does that mean that Rex and crew didn't carry out order 66?
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Correct. I think Clone Wars did a good job of showing that Clones did have their own morals and could easily understand why someone such as Rex wouldn't follow that order.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Correct. I think Clone Wars did a good job of showing that Clones did have their own morals and could easily understand why someone such as Rex wouldn't follow that order.
wasn't there one episode where a clone 'snapped' and executed order 66 and killed a Jedi? wouldn't that imply it's in their programming\subconsciousness ?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wasn't there one episode where a clone 'snapped' and executed order 66 and killed a Jedi? wouldn't that imply it's in their programming\subconsciousness ?

Yes, that did happen in an episode, but I believe it happened with a later generation of clones. The episode showed the clone had a tumor-like implant that initiated the order. The first generation either didn't have Order 66 imbedded in them, or these three might have had their "tumors" surgically removed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
*****TCW Season Six spoilers*****

The Order 66 arc is the first arc for season six of TCW, or The Lost Missions. It referred to the implant as being a biochip. That bioship malfunctioned in Tup who killed Tiplar during The Battle of Ringo Vinda. This led to the conspiracy that Fives eventually uncovered dealing with Order 66 but he was shot and killed by Commander Fox before being able to detail the conspiracy against the Jedi Order. He had originally planned to present the information to Palpatine.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I've been slowly working through clone wars on flights.

Anikin alternating between being superman with the force and being one step above jar jar.

I really hate (and I hated this in the prequels ) having chewie cross paths with the rest of the main cast.

There areally a bunch others.

Rebels hasn't really suffered from these as yet.

Parts of it suck, for sure. They'll just be ignored, like midichlorians.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, Gregor is as crazy as I thought he would be. Didn't see Wolfe doing that. Wonder who will go, who will stay, and if any of the clones will die in the next episode. Episode felt like mostly just a reintroduction of the clones which I'm fine with. Looking forward to next week.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
It was interesting seem them do "Jaws on an alien planet." Not a great episode, but not terrible either. Looking forward to next week's.
AliasMan02
AG
I haven't been able to find this searching on Dish. Annoying. Maybe I just don't have DisneyXD.
redline248
AG
Glad this show is back
JCRiley09
AG
I haven't gotten past the 2nd season of TCW. Anyone want to fill in a little background on the three clones from last night?

TIA
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
It was interesting seem them do "Jaws on an alien planet." Not a great episode, but not terrible either. Looking forward to next week's.
I was a little apathetic about last night's episode; I feel like I saw the best part of it in the preview, and perhaps saw the best part of next week's episode - one AT-TE vs. three AT-ATs in the next preview.

If I'm not mistaken, they've deepened Ezra's voice, which is actually a nice touch since he's a bit older.

Honestly, they could split the show 50-50 between the Rebels themsevles and Asokha delving into Vader's appearance/ID and I'd be perfectly happy.

As a Clone Wars fan however, seeing Rex in particular again was pretty fantastic., as was Kanan's retelling of what happened the day of Order 66.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.