*** Fargo Season 2 ***

81,453 Views | 688 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LHIOB
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:

quote:
That "Indian lady" is Hanzee's mom, who banged Otto (or was raped or whatever) and Hanzee is Otto's illegitimate step child. It provides more context for why he killed Dodds as well. He's a half brother and Dodd treats him like an inferior animal
That's probably accurate. Why would this family take in an orphaned Indian boy?

It reminds me of Wuthering Heights. Why would Mr. Earnshaw pick up an orphaned child (Heathcliff) on one of his many visits to Liverpool? Because that's his illegitimate son. (That theory explains why Catherine and Heathcliff can never be together: they are brother and sister.)

It was mentioned in the dialogue of the episode. I believe Milligan said "the kid Otto had with the maid?" when referencing Hanzee.

I believe it's been discussed on the thread already.
OldArmy71
AG
Yes, I saw it, but you did a good job of developing it.
Bunk Moreland
gotcha
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
That "Indian lady" is Hanzee's mom, who banged Otto (or was raped or whatever) and Hanzee is Otto's illegitimate step child. It provides more context for why he killed Dodds as well. He's a half brother and Dodd treats him like an inferior animal
That's probably accurate. Why would this family take in an orphaned Indian boy?

It reminds me of Wuthering Heights. Why would Mr. Earnshaw pick up an orphaned child (Heathcliff) on one of his many visits to Liverpool? Because that's his illegitimate son. (That theory explains why Catherine and Heathcliff can never be together: they are brother and sister.)

It was mentioned in the dialogue of the episode. I believe Milligan said "the kid Otto had with the maid?" when referencing Hanzee.

I believe it's been discussed on the thread already.
It wasn't Milligan, it was the guy from Buffalo
Bunk Moreland
Yes that was it. Thanks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right - he was basically insulting Milligan by asking him if he was Otto's ******* with the maid.
Max Power
AG
Loved season 2 even more than season 1, really just outstanding. It's disappointing we won't get season three till 2017, but I'm happy to wait rather then end up with something similar to True Detective Season 2. Casting was basically perfect, I wished for more scenes with Bokeem Woodbine as Mike Milligan. Nick Offerman was nails as Karl Weathers. Jeffrey Donovan was great, whoever that guy was that played Bear was awesome, so intense with little dialogue.

Well done.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
They are filming season 3 next winter in Alberta, hence the 2017 release.
PharmD4
AG
Great end to a great season.
Hey Nav
AG
So, what was the point of having Ronald Reagan in a few early episodes?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
So, what was the point of having Ronald Reagan in a few early episodes?

just to add context to the times.
LHIOB
AG
Another way for Bruce Campbell to be awesome
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Never saw the tie in with the sheriff & daughter from season 1 until the last episode.

You should watch the first nine episodes. Good stuff. Episode ten will make more sense.
I did but I just didn't connect the names...
wildbill12
AG
wildbill12
AG
quote:
Not putting down "Lost" (I loved "Lost", even the finale), but THAT is how you successfully answer a puzzling question that led to fervent fan speculation.

Danson's explanation of the weird symbols was simple, believable, honest and added a whole new depth to his character....and all in the last five minutes of the season. I have a new respect for the kindness of his character after that one scene.

Yeah, except he totally was an alien.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
I rewatched the ending of Episode 7, in which Lou's wife Betsy enters her father's study with all the strange symbols all over the room.

Some of the symbols have words or phrases written on them: person; a violent argument, etc. The symbols are interspersed with photos of Lou, Betsy, and Molly.

In a notebook that is lying upside down on a table, it says, "I like the angular symbols, but they're too harsh."

Is he trying to interpret an alien language? Is he inventing his own language?

That's a pretty damn impressive guess.

Just finished watching S1 and S2 in a period of 2 weeks. Fantastic show. Bummed we have to wait over a year for the next one.
OldArmy71
OldArmy71
AG
What happened to my Ag tag and stars???

Well strange. Now they're back.
BQ78
AG
After our football season if you use a happy icon there is no way in hell you are an Aggie, so happy icon no ag tag paraphernalia.
Al Bula
AG
Damn good season. I thought this was better than season 1.
Complete Idiot
I've viewed this thread often but waited until I got through season 2 to respond.

I don't watch many TV series, almost none actually. I rely on word of mouth and recommendations from those I trust before committing time. I think Breaking Bad is the best series ever.

However, Fargo Season 2 is arguably the best season of TV I've ever seen. It's got it all. Tremendous work and it makes me almost wish there was NOT a Season 3 coming. How can that be topped?
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
I've viewed this thread often but waited until I got through season 2 to respond.

I don't watch many TV series, almost none actually. I rely on word of mouth and recommendations from those I trust before committing time. I think Breaking Bad is the best series ever.

However, Fargo Season 2 is arguably the best season of TV I've ever seen. It's got it all. Tremendous work and it makes me almost wish there was NOT a Season 3 coming. How can that be topped?

Fwiw, I thought the same thing after Season 1 ended.
CorpsAg11
AG
I heard there won't be another season till mid / late 2017 because they have to film it during winter
OldArmy71
AG
Interesting about the filming in winter. It just so happens that one of my pet peeves about movies is using fake snow. I realize it is very difficult to film in snow and to achieve continuity between shots, but to me it really makes a difference. I always applaud it when I find it.
LHIOB
AG
They filmed Fargo in Calgary. Some days the temp was -30 according to the cast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.