*** Fargo Season 2 ***

81,779 Views | 688 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LHIOB
Ol_Ag_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a good point. This show has such a sense of inevitability for the characters who truly must live with the repercussions of their actions.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:
Was anybody else kind of bummed when we saw Simone dead. I mean I knew she got wacked but I guess I always had my doubt / hope.

I'm on the other side. I'd have been bummed had we seen her prancing around in Canada and Bear let her go.
There was actually a picture in the book from the beginning of episode 9 that seemed to be an artist rendition of Simone laying on the forest floor.
R0GUE
AG
Season 3:

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Its this season's Huell
PooDoo
AG
Never saw the tie in with the sheriff & daughter from season 1 until the last episode.
BJM1781
AG
Seriously?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Never saw the tie in with the sheriff & daughter from season 1 until the last episode.
Mr. White
quote:

You should watch the first nine episodes. Good stuff. Episode ten will make more sense.
fig96
AG
The one thing I'm slightly disappointed in, we never saw a suitcase left in the snow.
wheelsoff
So many wrap up tie-ins to the movie..

Solverson in the squad car with Blumquist..
the scene in bed at the end..
hell even Hanzee is friends with Shep Proudfoot IRL...
BadMoonRisin
AG
quote:
lost it at "remind me which one you are again?...the kid Otto had with the maid?"

Mike Milligan is an all-time great
I think this was meant to indicate that Hanzee is Otto's illegitimate son.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
The one thing I'm slightly disappointed in, we never saw a suitcase left in the snow.

That happens in the '80's, between the 2 seasons. The Oliver Platt character in Season 1 was the one who found it and framed the ice scraper marking where it was buried.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

That happens in the '80's, between the 2 seasons. The Oliver Platt character in Season 1 was the one who found it and framed the ice scraper marking where it was buried.
Right, I remember the incident but didn't know exactly what year (or if we got an exact year for that in S1). Just seemed like a natural connection.
Hey Nav
AG
quote:
So many wrap up tie-ins to the movie..

Solverson in the squad car with Blumquist..
the scene in bed at the end..
I guess my movie memory is a bit foggy. I don't follow. Could you elaborate, please?
LHIOB
AG
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/12/fargo-season-2-film-tv-comparison/
COOL LASER FALCON
That was a great finale. Each character's send off was perfect. Lou and Peggy were great together. Was really worried we weren't going to get a Betsy/ Lou/ Hank reunion, and I thought that paid off in a big way.

I will say that I'm not overly familiar with all of the Coen's work, so I think that hindered my enjoyment a bit. Most of the references in S1 were to the movie Fargo, which I absolutely love. Because of that and not being crazy about the spaceship last week, I think right now I'd put Season 1 slightly ahead of this. Still absolutely great though.
COOL LASER FALCON
LHIOB
AG
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fargo-season-3-cast-details-noah-hawley-1201662128/
Good stuff here
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Absolutely fantastic season. As a big Coen Bros. fan, I loved the style, music, and references, but the story was also great and the acting put it over the top. Would not want to run into Hanzee in a dark alley.

Also I thought for sure Peggy was going to take off in Lou's car when he was in the phone booth calling home.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Once I saw Betsy was still alive after her collapse, I was wondering if they writers would have the guts to NOT have her pass before the end.

Face it, we all knew that she passes while Molly was young. The basic assumption was that it would happen in Season 2, and it would be a really emotional scene. Would they dare to not go that route and instead leave the characters together and at peace? I'm glad they did. I kinda needed that ending.

But I really have to know: what did Hanzee do to those two bullies????
plowboy1065
S
quote:
But I really have to know: what did Hanzee do to those two bullies????

I guess we will find out in Season 3 when we see the rise of Moses Tripoli
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Season 3 is in 2010.
plowboy1065
S
I guess I missed that
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Season 3 is in 2010.
Yes, and it will AIR in Spring of 2017. SO there is an 18 month wait until the next season.
zap
AG
My favorite parts:

• "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath playing while Hanzee pursues Ed and Peggy.
  • The dialogue between Lou and Peggy, especially from Lou, "We all have that rock to push. We act like it's a burden, but it's really our privilege."
  • Hank surviving. I loved Ted Danson's acting this whole season.

OnlyForNow
AG
The suitcase full of money has got to be linked back to the Indian lady that Mike kmilligan gave money too...
Gig-Em2003
AG
Danson's final scene was awesome.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Not putting down "Lost" (I loved "Lost", even the finale), but THAT is how you successfully answer a puzzling question that led to fervent fan speculation.

Danson's explanation of the weird symbols was simple, believable, honest and added a whole new depth to his character....and all in the last five minutes of the season. I have a new respect for the kindness of his character after that one scene.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
My favorite parts:

• "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath playing while Hanzee pursues Ed and Peggy

Thank you zap...I was banging my head watching that wondering what song that was. I was thinking Black Sabbath but had no idea the name of the song.
fig96
AG
quote:
The suitcase full of money has got to be linked back to the Indian lady that Mike kmilligan gave money too...
Good call.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

That "Indian lady" is Hanzee's mom, who banged Otto (or was raped or whatever) and Hanzee is Otto's illegitimate step child. It provides more context for why he killed Dodd as well. He's a half brother and Dodd treats him like an inferior animal
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
I will try and find the link to the article, but Noah alluded to season 3 revolving around modern "selfie culture" and how that conflicts with the "Luthern, humble ethos" of the Midwest. The idea is how over communication has dominated modern culture. The conflicts in the movie, season 1 and 2 stemmed from the inability of the people to communicate.

Sounds like it could be really interesting premise.
OldArmy71
AG

quote:
That "Indian lady" is Hanzee's mom, who banged Otto (or was raped or whatever) and Hanzee is Otto's illegitimate step child. It provides more context for why he killed Dodds as well. He's a half brother and Dodd treats him like an inferior animal
That's probably accurate. Why would this family take in an orphaned Indian boy?

It reminds me of Wuthering Heights. Why would Mr. Earnshaw pick up an orphaned child (Heathcliff) on one of his many visits to Liverpool? Because that's his illegitimate son. (That theory explains why Catherine and Heathcliff can never be together: they are brother and sister.)
Another Doug
AG
quote:
quote:
Good call.

Suitcase is from the Movie.

OldArmy71
AG

quote:
I was skeptical of him being in the cast, but I was wrong. His character grew on me and Danson did a fine job of creating a noble, strong, caring, sympathetic person who has endured the tragedies of life without falling apart. He was an apt match for the similar goodness of Lou.

Lou, Hank, Betsy, Noreen (despite her faults--the show presents her attraction to Camus as silly in the face of all that life offers), and the lawyer (also with faults) all provided a firm bedrock of decency, strength, and compassion that outweighs the evil all around them. I'm going to miss these people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.