Trailer for VACATION (the Griswold sequel/reboot)...

15,761 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by $240 Worth of Pudding
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
And the we're the millers movies haven't? Im not being snarky, im genuinely curious.

I dont know. But i had heard of the reboot before Millers.
PatriotAg02
AG
So, uh......looks like Chevy won't really be in it much. Boo
AliasMan02
AG
Didn't think I'd have any interest in this, but looks pretty funny to me. Agree with the Jump Street comparison. That's what it reminds me of more than anything.
Tabasco
AG
No love for Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure?
watty
AG
quote:
No love for Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure?

It was literally the worst thing I've ever watched.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I wanted to hate the trailer, but damn it, I laughed.
Post removed:
by user
jackie childs
quote:
So, uh......looks like Chevy won't really be in it much. Boo
i don't think that's a bad thing. it looks like they've written rusty to be very clark-like. you don't need two "clarks" in large doses.

the key here with chevy was to give him enough of a role/nod to get him on board with the project so he's not trashing it publicly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is Rusty still in the navy?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Definitely in.

And I think Helms is a fantastic choice for this role. He's very Clark Griswald-ish (yes, I know he's technically Russ, but it's clear the role is going for a Russ-grew-up-to-be-anotherClark approach).
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Safe to say that this Audrey will far and away be the hottest.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I'll see it. But it seems a little edgier than the original. I've seen the original countless times and I love it each time. I guess they have to edge it up. The most endearing thing about the first one is that it had heart. There's just something innocent and pure about the movie despite the tits, the corpse abuse, white trash and attempted infidelity. There is no way that it will be on par with the original. I kind of worry that it will end up like all the other attempts at rebooting classic comedies.

Other thoughts:

Best to Worst Movies:

1. European Vacation. I know European Vacation is panned by critics, but I really enjoy that one
2. Christmas Vacation. While it has become a tradition to watch at Christmas, I am just about sick of Christmas Vacation.
3. Vegas Vacation was really terrible, but I can still watch it.
4. I haven't seen the Cousin Eddie movies.

Which Russ and Audrey are the best?

I'd have to say that for Russ, it is a tie between Vacation and European. There's something that I very much hate about the European Russ but also makes me like him a lot.

I also hate the European Audrey, but that doesn't make me like her.

I think Vegas Audrey is hottest. But, Vacation Audrey is the best.

Christmas Russ is Leonard from big bang theory
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

I laugh every time I see this.
superunknown
AG
quote:

the key here with chevy was to give him enough of a role/nod to get him on board with the project so he's not trashing it publicly.

Which he may wind up doing anyway.
et98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Shoulda got Anthony Michael Hall involved.
Yeah, why not get the original Rusty and Audrey? I doubt they would've said no after Chevy was Beverly were in.

Guess they needed box office draws.

But which original Rusty and Audrey? They were different in all four original movies. I like the casting.

The original original.

The kids are always played by a different actor for each movie. Re-using one of them for this movie would have broken tradition!
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, why not get the original Rusty and Audrey? I doubt they would've said no after Chevy was Beverly were in.

But which original Rusty and Audrey? They were different in all four original movies. I like the casting.

The original original.

The kids are always played by a different actor for each movie. Re-using one of them for this movie would have broken tradition!
if they make a new one after this one. The dad (Russ) should change, and leave everyone else the same.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The original original.

True, but the difference here is that they actually show/reference a family pic from the original in this one. In the movie, Ed Helms actually looks at a pic of Anthony Michael Hall as his younger self.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What would be hilarious is a AMH cameo where he runs into Helms and maybe gives him a weird look.
Sex Panther
AG
They should've gotten Bill Murray to replace Chevy as Clark Griswold. He'd have probably done it for free.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I do agree that Jason Sudeikis would have been the best. His comedy is super similar to Chevy Chase when you think about it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Speaking of which:

http://m.hitfix.com/news/jason-sudeikis-stepping-in-for-chevy-chase-in-long-delayed-fletch-won
Rudyjax
AG
Fletch won is where Fletch is 22. Ridiculous.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

There was a guy in houston that had a similar setup to make fake id's during my freshman year. The difference was his was on a wall and you could change the names and addresses
Jacques
This made me laugh. I do not see it necessarily being a classic like the first. But that looks funny enough. J
BeefAg_00~
Comes out tomorrow.

I will definitely watch.
BeefAg_00~
I was wrong. Comes out tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought you were wrong too but no, it's out today.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Still debating. Think I'd rather see Mission Impossible.
ksp
quote:
Didn't see much in that trailer that piqued my interest.
JYDog90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was a guy in houston that had a similar setup to make fake id's during my freshman year. The difference was his was on a wall and you could change the names and addresses

There was a guy in Crocker my freshman year (86) that ordered a daisy wheel printer and made fake id's. It was the most intricate thing I'd ever seen (I was pretty sheltered).
AboveAndBeyond
Went and watched it last night. If you liked the older ones, you'll like this one. Same kind of humor, the little kid is very humorous. Do NOT take the kids though.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome. Great to hear.

Going tomorrow or saturday.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Went and watched it last night. If you liked the older ones, you'll like this one. Same kind of humor, the little kid is very humorous. Do NOT take the kids though.....

Wait. You are telling me not to take my kid to a rated R movie??
AboveAndBeyond
I can't find the thread, hell it may even be this one...... Someone was asking why they made a family movie rated R. Haha!
AboveAndBeyond
Also, has Chevy Chase really gotten THAT fat? Feels like I haven't seen him in years.....
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.