Trailer for VACATION (the Griswold sequel/reboot)...

15,731 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by $240 Worth of Pudding
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw it and thought the humor was different from the originals.

This was more in line with We're the Millers than the original Vacation IMO.

I had a few laughs, but it is my least favorite of the Vacation movies.
Complete Idiot
It looks bad, real bad, in the previews.

Saxsoon
AG
Definitely more we're the millers but overall had a fun time

Fantastic relationship between the brothers. Got most of the jokes in the movie.

Also there is a scene with cops at the four corners monument that is ridiculous in reality but pretty Damn hilarious
Anonymous Source
S
SUCKED.

Seriously, if you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket to see this thing, just give it to charity. Everyone will be better off.
Gig 'Em
Jacques
This movie is getting hammered in reviews. I thought from the trailers that it looked promising. That younger brother, especially, looks hilarious. It's a shame because I was looking forward to it this weekend.
AG
There is a group of people that is going to say it was horrible no matter what just because its a remake, sort of.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
SUCKED.

Seriously, if you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket to see this thing, just give it to charity. Everyone will be better off.
lol
powerbelly
AG
It is still funny, just not classic vacation.

That would not stop me from seeing it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
This movie is getting hammered in reviews. I thought from the trailers that it looked promising.

Actually disagree. I was actually looking forward to this movie until I saw the trailers. I thought the most recent trailers were awful and probably going to be a good indicator of what kinda movie this was.
pfo
AG
We made the mistake of going to see this movie. It's horrible! Very course and gross with very few good laughs. The Vacation franchise is done!
Philo B 93
I just saw "Vacation". The movie is fresh on my mind, this is not based on the trailer or other reviews.

10 REASONS WHY "VACATION" SUCKED

1. You can't help but compare and think about the original 1983 Vacation. When you park a Hyundai next to a Ferrari, the Hyundai is going to look even worse than it actually is.

2. Once you decide to stop comparing this to the original classic, you'll soon realize that if you give the movie a chance as a stand-alone modern comedy, it still sucks balls.

3. Kids cussing isn't funny anymore. And when the child actor sounds like he's scared to be using the F word, it is more sad than funny. I hope his real mom whipped him.

4. Freddy Got Fingered showed the world that gross out comedy can go too far and not be funny. Nobody in this movie saw Freddy Got Fingered, because the sewage scene we all saw in the trailer was would make Tom Green puke.

5. Ed Helms - Hangover. Hilarious! Christina Applegate - Anchorman. Hilarious! Ed and Christina together in Vacation - WTF!??

6. Christina Applegate and Beverly D'Angelo are in a scene together. I think it was CGI. Couldn't tell.

7. This generation has its family vacation classic. Its "We're the Millers".

8. The use of the theme song made me sad.

9. Chevy Chase.... what happened to ya?! Stokes? Dementia? Senility? Baby boomers can still be successful as comedy actors. Chevy has lost it, though.

10. I haven't seen it, but I'd go see Ant Man instead. Wish I hadn't blown my free time on Saturday at this piece of crap movie.
pfo
AG
^^^^Could you believe how awful Chevy Chase and Beverly DeAngelo looked? And that profanity filled Seal song at the end was terrible! Those kids were terrible! What an awful movie! It was grotesque!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had fun watching that. Loved the throwbacks to the original, loved that they used the song and the truckster, and it had its moments. I'd say about 70% of the jokes worked for me, which is about what I expected for this. If you go in wanting to have a good time, you will. But if you go in wanting to hate it, I'm sure you will as well.
redd38
AG
I thought it was funny. It's completely different humor than the first one though, I can see how people might not like it if they're expecting Chevy Chase type humor. It's not a great movie, but it's an ok dumb comedy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh and forgot to mention, the younger brother stole the movie. He was by far the funniest character in the movie.
Jacques
Chevy Chase did an interview on the red carpet just before the 40th Anniv. SNL show. And he seemed really out of it.

He was actually a pretty fit guy well into life. Used to be a big runner. It's clear he's done with that now, and I'm wondering if there's not a huge health issue there. That and he's just not sharp at all. He gave some really rambling answers.

**** catches up with you fast after age 70.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Chevy Chase did an interview on the red carpet just before the 40th Anniv. SNL show. And he seemed really out of it.

He was actually a pretty fit guy well into life. Used to be a big runner. It's clear he's done with that now, and I'm wondering if there's not a huge health issue there. That and he's just not sharp at all. He gave some really rambling answers.

**** catches up with you fast after age 70.

Obligatory "cocaine is a hell of a drug".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.