Disneys tomorrow land and Christians?

12,100 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only if you want to completely ignore the entire premise of the movie.

Hell, the premise of this thread was to troll Christians to mask just how stupid/bad this movie is.
R0GUE
AG
I just saw it. It's a good fun movie and the themes are much higher than simple party politics. It bashes all politicians, not those of a specific party.

Also a good Ag was one of the key contributors to this movie, a guy from when I was at A&M, so it can't be that bad.
Wade_3
AG
quote:

Hell, the premise of this thread was to troll Christians to mask just how stupid/bad this movie is.

Is everybody out to get you, in your world?

Christ, take a Xanax and enjoy a movie.
Bobcat06
AG
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Is everybody out to get you, in your world?

Christ, take a Xanax and enjoy a movie.

Not everyone, but apparently the OP is. I requested a link days after the opposed christian boycott to substantiate the entire premise of this thread.

Still waiting....
Jacques
quote:
"lord encourage Christians not to see this movie"

Lots of people encouraging lots of people not to see this
Duncan Idaho
The op made a similar request
The Debt
quote:

So as long as you start a topic under the guise of "is this true" it gets a pass?

"I heard that Duncan Idaho is a pederast, can someone confirm?"
Wade_3
AG
quote:
quote:

So as long as you start a topic under the guise of "is this true" it gets a pass?

Yea bro, everybody gets your schtick. The OP was not inflammatory nor offensive. In fact, nothing came of it. If you are offended by his question than you are looking to be offended.

If you want to troll, go to the politics board.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

No, you also need to involve a third party to take the fault for making the claim. That way, you come off as someone trying to debunk the claim rather than just being the messenger.

For example:

I was flipping thru the TV and briefly saw a segment about how Duncan Idaho is a pederast. I haven't been able to find anything online to support this claim, but I was hoping someone else can shed more light on this?
Saxsoon
AG
To actually take it away from the typical TexAgs *****fest. . . I actually really enjoyed it. My only real disappointment is that there wasn't enough TOMORROWLAND. It was really the journey about getting there.

I really do applaud Bird/Disney in putting a big summer release, and having 2 of the 3 leads be women and George Clooney be a secondary character. That is pretty impressive in this day and age. The little girl who played Athena held her own against Clooney which is very impressive. Britt Robertson also worked for me as the bright eyed wonderment audience surrogate.

The idea that humanity has become obsessed with the apocalypse really resonated with me, as that is really all there is. There is little room for hope and imagination for a brighter future anymore. It really is quite different from the day from the future imagined in the Jetsons and the like.

I loved the little nods to the Carousel of Progress Music and It's a Small World as well as the updated Futuristic Magic Kingdom in the the Disney Logo.

It wasn't quite what I was hoping for out of the film, but I had fun in the adventure and it was nice for once for a movie to not be all doom and gloom.
aggiepaintrain
AG
^ ditto
Pro Ag
AG
Yeah, took my 8 year-old and we all thought it was okay. If nothing else the feeding the wolf analogy was a good thing to reinforce things you have to deal with parenting a kid.

Totally worth the trip to the movie theater.
Dad
AG
I liked it. My 6 year old thought it sucked. She likes cartoons with a princess as the main character so it wasn't Frozen enough for her.
Philip J Fry
AG
So explain to me why they kicked clooney out of tomorrowland because "he lost" hope. Then proceeded to send robots who murder human beings without a thought? It's almost like they changed the script halfway into it.

Other area that annoyed me:
Why are the robots insistent on murdering recruits?

They built all the robots with a self destruct button in case they were damaged? Good god, I hope none of them ever accidentally fell down a flight of stairs and demolished a building in the process.

The solution to global warming is wide use of windmills...are you kidding me?

How are they going to pay the engineers? With fun money?

The first attempt at communism failed. Let's try again! This time with "pure" intentions. (Though, this is playing out in real life all the time and it's just as insane)

Fairview
AG
quote:
My only real disappointment is that there wasn't enough TOMORROWLAND. It was really the journey about getting there.

That was what my 9 year said when we walked out and I thought summed it up well. Decent movie but not enough Tomorrowland.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
My only real disappointment is that there wasn't enough TOMORROWLAND. It was really the journey about getting there.

That was what my 9 year said when we walked out and I thought summed it up well. Decent movie but not enough Tomorrowland.
"It's about the journey, not the destination" - every LOST fanboy

I saw it tonight. It suffers heavily from Lindenloff. He takes a very simple premise "an evil tower is making people think bad thoughts" then wraps it so much mystery that it takes away from the story. I got so tired of Athena saying "I can't tell you", that I wanted to punch a small child.

What's more, the plot ruined the marketing. All the trailers and previews basically just advertised that there is a place called Tomorrowland and some futurey stuff happens there. They couldn't really give the audience a compelling reason to buy a ticket because explaining the premise of Tomorrowland would spoil the plot of the movie.

The movie had enjoyable moments and a decent premise but the overarching narrative sabotaged the film.
Hagen95
AG
Took my 8 year old daughters to see it this weekend. I scored it as okay but not great based off of their reactions. One got bored halfway through and was ready to go. The other really enjoyed the escape scenes but neither were too vocal about it after the movie. Definitely not worth adding to the DVD collection, according to them.
Cibalo
the future rib and I saw it last night. She wanted to see Pitch Perfect 2 and I wanted to see Mad Max; Tommerland was the compromise.

Overall it was entertaining with some little bits of humor. The plot line is weak and you can guess what happens long before it does. I thought the visual effects were well done but like others have said I was hoping for more Tomorrowland and less trying to find a way back there. For some reason it had a bit of a Men in Black feel to it with all the future guns and some of the sets.

I wasn't a big fan of the Earlh is dying and to save it we have to think happy thoughts but then it was Disney. Take the kids to see it and they should like it. For the adults probably wait until Redbox.
Saxsoon
AG
Men in Black kids is actually a very good comparison
TCTTS
AG
Finally saw this last night. Not nearly as bad as some of the critics I usually agree with made it out to be, but nothing all that memorable either. I just don't understand who this movie was made for? It's PG fare obviously aimed at kids, but even I had trouble understanding the overly convoluted plot at times. There's no way a kid could keep up with this thing. Granted, they may not have to seeing as "the message" was pounded home about as hard and obviously as it could be, and that's all Lindelof/Bird seemed to care about. Still, it was entertaining for the most part, and I could actually see myself watching it again on cable. I just wish there had been a little more to it.
Stupe
S
quote:
quote:
Christians hate reality. Or pretty much anybody who makes sense...
I guess that means we love you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I enjoyed the movie. Thought it was very Lindelof-y. The countdown timer, the super secure bunker/house, no answers for basically 3/4 of the movie. I mean some of the stuff was right out of LOST. And of course, a lot of Star Wars references.

Only complaint was the ending (expected more of a climax than that), and the lack of a concrete explanation as to what exactly Tomorrowland was and how the destruction of the antenna or whatever would save the world. But that's Lindelof for ya.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.