FOCUS

67,811 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Margot better be wearing a fat suit!!!!!
TCTTS
AG
Man, I saw Georgia King from Vice Principals in the lobby at The ArcLight tonight (there to see Get Out, as was she) and she is absolutely gorgeous in real life. No surprise, obviously, but was stunning in just jeans and a t-shirt. Seemed super cool, too, as her and a few friends were behind me in the concession line.

Then I looked to my left and Megan Ellison was in the concession line next to me. For anyone truly interested, she is a queen in this industry - the founder of Annapurna Pictures, producers of Zero Dark Thirty, Her, American Hustle, True Grit, The Master, and Everybody Wants Some, just to name a few.

Overall, a couple of decent celeb sightings and fun movie, which everyone and their dog was there to see.
jeffk
AG
What did they buy?!?!?!?!
jeffk
AG
STILL WAITING!!!
TCTTS
AG
Currently standing next to Lloyd from Entourage at baggage claim at LAX...
TCTTS
AG
Should I throw something at him?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LLOOOOOOYD!!!!!!!!
Ulrich
Sometimes I wonder how many celebs I've looked right through at LAX because I don't watch many movies or tv shows.
Bunk Moreland
Ulrich said:

Sometimes I wonder how many celebs I've looked right through at LAX because I don't watch many movies or tv shows.

I watch a lot and I'd still miss them. I did terrible any time I came across celebs in LA and elsewhere. Someone else usually always has to tell me.

Hell Justin Long and Drew Barrymore walked right up to me at ACL and talked to me and it took me probably a good 20 seconds before I realized who I was talking to.

Although in some weird way I think that might be a positive trait for that time when I run into the the celebrity of my dreams and hit on her. I'll be genuine when I play the "I don't know who you are" card at first. Sex then marriage will assuredly soon follow
Guitarsoup
AG
I like saying hi and complimenting a work they were not in. Bonus if someone similar was in it, but not Sam Jackson/Fishburne because that's too obvious.
Sex Panther
AG
I always thought it'd be funny if you ran into someone really famous and genuinely compliment their crappiest movie.

Like if you saw Charlize Theron say something like, "Oh my god! I'm such a huge fan. You were amazing in Aeon Flux"
Guitarsoup
AG
My best one was running into Arsenio Hall and telling him he was great as Donkey in Shrek.

Complimenting a bad movie or one they personally despise (like Ed Norton in Italian Game) or one where they clearly phoned it in (like Marlon Brando in everything in my lifetime) would be great
Bunk Moreland
If I ever see Paul Giamatti, Shoot Em Up will be the film I use.
Sex Panther
AG
Guitarsoup said:

My best one was running into Arsenio Hall and telling him he was great as Donkey in Shrek.

That's pretty ballsy. Was he amused at all?
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

Hell Justin Long and Drew Barrymore walked right up to me at ACL and talked to me and it took me probably a good 20 seconds before I realized who I was talking to.

That's pretty awesome... is there a story to it?
Guitarsoup
AG
Jason Alexander - Dunston Checks In
George Clooney - Batman and Robin (too obvious?)
Natalie Portman - Thor
Edward Norton - Italian Job
Ben Affleck - Paycheck
Robert DeNiro - The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Guitarsoup
AG
Sex Panther said:

Guitarsoup said:

That's pretty ballsy. Was he amused at all?
He was with a kid (maybe his son?) and they both lost it laughing. I don't know if he thought I was serious or not, but he said thanks.
TCTTS
AG
Ha. Love it.
Bunk Moreland
Not really. Was working security for the company that does acl/lollapalooza/bonnaroo etc and they were just trying to get access to the sound stage Vip seating of the main stage at acl.

The only story from that night was seeing a Bjork show from inside the barricades of the pit. What a weird but eccentric set.
bigcat22
AG
Buddy of mine saw Ludacris at the airport, walked up beside him and without looking over just said "I'm still waiting on that Rocknrolla sequel." Without missing a beat Luda looked over and said "me too man, me too."

That story always makes me laugh
Drawkcab
Damn, I found this thread by googling Bizzaro Aggie Sarah due to her being mentioned on the GB and thought I was about to make an epic bump but turns out you guys like posting on this thread.

Anyway OP, you bang Margot Robbie yet?
double aught
AG
You frequent the general board?
Simplebay
AG
TC, need a good update in this thread.

One of my friends just gave some good Tom Cruise stories while promoting the mummy (and oblivion too apparently)...

do you have any good Tom Cruise stories? I generally hear he is one of the best, most professional, nicest people in Hollywood now. Even amongst "known" nice celebs. in short, my buddy said tom cruise is what hollywood needs more of. professionalism, commitment, etc.
TCTTS
AG
Funny you ask, because a buddy of mine was actually on the M:I6 set for a day a few weeks ago in Paris and was echoing basically everything you're saying. I'd rather not get into details, because of why my buddy was on set - if you've read a couple of my other fairly recent, Pirates-related posts, you can probably connect the dots - but yeah, he said it was a sight to behold to witness Cruise in action, both in front of the camera and especially when the cameras weren't rolling. Said he's basically more in charge than even the director, and is just constantly motivating the crew, never leaves the set to go to his trailer (which is super rare), and is just an all around hard working, super nice bad ass. I've heard that from so many people over the years, and it really is true.

Another good friend worked for Cruise/Wagner - Cruise's old production company with producing partner Paula Wagner - years and years ago, before I knew him, and has one of my favorite stories ever that we still joke about to this day. It's super simple, but, basically, Tom was never really around the office, so my buddy only had a handful of interactions with him over the couple years he worked there, and when he finally left he asked Cruise's assistant to have Tom sign a poster for him. I can't remember which poster it was, but my buddy's name is Dan, and all Tom wrote on the poster was:

Dan,
Tom Cruise

I don't know why, but that cracks me up so much. No little extra note or message or thank you or anything. When we're all hanging out, sometimes I'll just look over at Dan and say, "Dan, comma... Tom Cruise." And it just never gets old. A little inside-jokish, I know, but it's so perfect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is pretty funny. But to be fair, a [former] employee of yours asking for an autograph - little tacky, no?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Not to get too political, but I never really got the hate for Tom Cruise. Sure he has come off loony at times, but he has made some good movies, and Top Gun is awesome. But after the whole thing with Leah Remini and Ron Miscavige exposing Scientology, I really don't think I can support a movie with him in it anymore.
TCTTS
AG
It's a weird, fine line. I personally would never in a million years ask a celebrity for an autograph, but I know plenty of people who have autographs/photos of celebs they've worked with/for. Especially people who have been together on a movie for four months, it's kind of like signing yearbooks at the end of the school year, if that makes sense. Where it becomes a no-no is when, say, a journalist interviewing a celeb ask for an autograph or selfie. That's definitely frowned upon.
TCTTS
AG
I'm so conflicted. I love, love, love Tom Cruise as an actor, and what he brings/means to cinema, but I despise Scientology with a passion, to the point where, if given the opportunity, I would do whatever it took to help bring that terrible cult to its knees. But for me, it's hard to take a stance in an instance like this and say I'm done with Tom Cruise movies because A) I obviously love them, but B) more importantly, he's just one person working on a movie that employees hundreds of good, hard-working people. So why should they go unsupported because they happen to be a gaffer, extra, PA, caterer, etc. or whatever on a Tom Cruise movie?
TCTTS
AG
Peed next to Aquaman himself, Jason Momoa, last night at The ArcLight movie theater in Hollywood. Was then behind him as we exited the bathroom and his wife/Cosby star, Lisa Bonet, was waiting for him in the lobby. I might have been even more star struck by her. She kind of looked like a petit little hemp witch, though, and like Jason was her Dothraki bodyguard. A lot of celebrities you see in real life usually blend in with the crowd, but they absolutely did not. Looked like they were going to see The Bad Batch, which Jason is actually in. Guess they missed the premiere?
TCTTS
AG
Was just in line at CVS behind Judd Apatow and his daughter, the kid actress the main guy has to tutor in Netflix's Love. Seeing as this was in Brentwood, across the street from my apartment, it felt like I was in a scene from This Is 40 (which Apatow wrote/directed, is set in the same neighborhood, and the same daughter stars in as Paul Rudd's daughter).
israeliag
Hey TCTTS.

I just want to you let you know that you're the main reason why I come to this board.Love your posts and stories.

That is all.
Simplebay
AG
Focus thread bump... that's a bingo!

Also... my story is i bumped into Walton Goggins in Hell's Kitchen a few weeks ago and he was a super nice dude (which, i didnt think he would be)
TCTTS
AG
Very much appreciated. I'll try not to disappoint!
TCTTS
AG
That's a good one. And yeah, he seems like someone who would be intimidating in real life. Great to hear otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.