*****Better Call Saul - Season 1*******

193,803 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scotch
AG
Way too much Mike in this episode.

2/10, WNB
Scotch
AG
Wrong emoticon.
Texaggie7nine
You used to spankin it to Saul's pretty mug??
7nine
Wade_3
AG
If the episodes keep up like this one, it could surpass BB.
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
If the episodes keep up like this one, it could surpass BB.

No way, man
Ag_07
AG
Jonathan Banks was absolute nails in this episode.

That final scene in the living room was incredible. The phenomenal acting with the lighting and the camera work was vintage Gilligan. Great episode.

And it's being overlooked that this was a huge step for Jimmy becoming Saul. He's finally doing things that are making his moral compass jump all over the place.

Oh yeah...Can you really pop a lock and get into a car like that?
Complete Idiot
I was wrong about why he left Philly - I had thought it was because of the story he told in Half Measures where the husband ended up killing his wife. Mike had threatened him but felt he should have just killed him, it would have saved the wife. I guess when I saw that I had assumed thats what led to him quitting the force and ending up in ABQ. Wrong, wonderfully wrong.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what did Mike do in the police car? I know the cop wouldn't leave his service revolver in there, it was a "dirty gun", right? Removed the bullets from the dirty gun, cop tried to us it to murder Mike to no avail, and then he pulled his service revolver - is that correct?
COOL LASER FALCON
That took me a second too, but he planted the gun that he ended up using to kill them.
Complete Idiot
The cop had Mike's pocket gun - I just remembered that.

I assumed Mike pulled the second gun from the back of his waistband.
COOL LASER FALCON
It was pretty quick, but it showed him pull it from where it was wedged in the back seat.
TX AG 88
AG
He planted the gun for future use when he broke into the car, earlier. His "hey, that's mine" gun was not loaded, or loaded with duds to bait the cops into thinking they had the perfect tool to stage a fake suicide with no clues pointing at them.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I was wrong about why he left Philly - I had thought it was because of the story he told in Half Measures where the husband ended up killing his wife. Mike had threatened him but felt he should have just killed him, it would have saved the wife. I guess when I saw that I had assumed thats what led to him quitting the force and ending up in ABQ. Wrong, wonderfully wrong.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what did Mike do in the police car? I know the cop wouldn't leave his service revolver in there, it was a "dirty gun", right? Removed the bullets from the dirty gun, cop tried to us it to murder Mike to no avail, and then he pulled his service revolver - is that correct?

Living up to the handle I see.

I'm sorry I just had to.
Harry Stone
AG
I think this has been a fantastic series because it has focused more on character development. Mike and Saul were my two favorite in BB, and having this entire season based around where they came from and what they will inevitably become is genius. In BB we knew Jessie and Walt's history, but Mike and Saul were such a mystery. I love the fact that Mike will continue to be a crook, but on the other side of the coin, making money as a criminal rather than a cop. I imagine they do the same with Gus, as I think we will see him come into the picture in the last 2 episodes and then season 2 will center around the development of his empire and finding out Mike and Saul's place on his 'team.'
Burdizzo
AG
I guess I should go back and watch Half Measures. I had forgotten about that episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't think Saul will ever meet Gus. Like he said in BB, he "knows a guy who knows a guy". Mike knows Gus.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
I think the vet is going to hook Mike up with Gus.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I think the vet is going to hook Mike up with Gus.
I hope so. I want to see Joe DeRosa in the show more.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah I thought that "I don't do that kind of work" line seemed a little out of the blue. What exactly is the vet into?

Definitely gonna play a role.
COOL LASER FALCON
I don't think he'll hook him up with Gus, but I could see it coming around full circle in a way where the vet hooks Mike up with Nacho. I think the vet will definitely be back as the way that Mike gets somewhat introduced to the ABQ scene.
GCRanger
AG
I wonder when Saul comes across Hank or Gomez in court. Even just see them passing in the background.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Mike broke into the cop car and planted a revolver in the back seat cushion. He then baited the cops with "I know it was you" and then pretended to be piss drunk. It you watch his drink carefully you will see he doesnt finish his drinks. He knew they would check him for a gun so he kept a dummy on his person. Freaking great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was it me or was the planting of the gun and the "I know it was you" a bit of a Godfather homage? Or just a coincidence? His name is also Michael.
redd38
AG
quote:

I don't think so.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

I don't think so.
On some models you can.

Highly doubt police cars would fit the profile though.
7nine
RedbeardAG
AG
You can on older models for sure. Newer ones have way better seals.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Great observation. I think you might be onto something.
Burdizzo
AG
Minor technical detail I am willing to overlook. If not using a string, I think a resourceful cop like Mike would have been able to get into the car with many other methods.

Besides, what cop parks his patrol car outside a bar while off duty and drinking?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Minor technical detail I am willing to overlook. If not using a string, I think a resourceful cop like Mike would have been able to get into the car with many other methods.

Besides, what cop parks his patrol car outside a bar while off duty and drinking?

Remember, it was Philly.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Love the whole vet scene and him offering him a cone for his head since he can't possibly have a sling. That kind of whacky detail is what slays me in an episode that is just packed with intensity. Very cool to see the real Mike backstory.

Guess that was enough killin to say it wasn't a slow episode.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It's also not set in current times. I'm sure that was possible on older cars.
Scotch
AG
Maybe they were on duty?
BlackLab
AG
Best episode so far. A few pages back werent people arguing whether this show was a comedy or not?
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Maybe they were on duty?
I assumed they were. I was not aware of any city that allowed uniformed officers to continue to wear their uniform while drinking at a bar off hours.
7nine
gravy97
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe they were on duty?
I assumed they were. I was not aware of any city that allowed uniformed officers to continue to wear their uniform while drinking at a bar off hours.
Are there cities that allow uniformed officers to drink at bars while on duty?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.