Sony cancels "the interview"

6 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by el aggie
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Why explore the BitTorrent route when it's simple to implement and the partnerships are already in place for an iTunes/Amazon/VOD release? It doesn't seem to make much sense considering the more mainstream infrastructure for home digital release that exists.

Marsuvees 8:41p
Because those venues have already stated I believe that they are not interested in the risk it presents. Bittorrent is
Netflix is the partner that would make the most sense- this is very similar to the scrapped NBC Tina Fey series they took over after production. But is makes total sense that they don't want to risk finding out what hackers could do to their network.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think the only reason Sony said it's interested in releasing the Interview online is to try to limit the blowback for having cancelled it's theatrical release. Sony probably won't release it online either, for the exact same given reason the theatrical release was cancelled: "nobody wants to stream it."

You can bet the hackers will resume their attacks if The Interview is released online, and my gut tells me Sony gave in because the hackers have data in hand that's far more damaging to the company than what's already been released.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie was leaked online by someone who had worked on it, though.
Quad Dog
AG
I doubt we ever see this movie officially released on any platform by Sony. You can find a lot of articles online about their insurance policy for this movie. Releasing it at all will limit their payout. I think they'll take the insurance payout over any online release.
el aggie
AG
Again,they've supposedly only released 5% of the hacked information.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.