****ing Green Day?!

7,062 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ronnie
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went there about 10 years ago and green day did not even have a mention in any display. The entire 90s was a 4x4 display of posters

The place is a joke as Brittany spears had more museum space than fing
van Halen
Might close it's doors in the next few years. Donor support is abysmal.
Farmer1906
AG
Grew up in the 90s. Green day was my favorite band. I can't say I've liked anything after warning. Dookie is still one of my favorite albums of all time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
why would anyone admit to liking the offspring? nambla would be a less embarrassing admission.
They're one of the most influential punk bands, whether you like them or not. Their album Smash is the best selling indie record of all time.
Mr. White
quote:
Milli friggin Vanelli would be a better choice than bleeping Green Day.

I have actually bought more MV songs than GD songs on iTunes now.

I'm not ashamed.
VanZandt92
I had to look up NAMBLA. Wow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. Why do you even know that acronym offhanded like that? Little worrisome.
Mr. White
quote:

Get rid of your computer/laptop. Now.
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:

Get rid of your computer/laptop. Now.
I googled it without actually clicking on it. Crap.
VanZandt92
quote:
Grew up in the 90s. Green day was my favorite band. I can't say I've liked anything after warning. Dookie is still one of my favorite albums of all time.
I thought Dookie was pretty good, but I'm a punk rock fan, so it never bothered me. I bet if 16year old VanZandt92 had had Green Day, he would have loved it.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. Why do you even know that acronym offhanded like that? Little worrisome.

It's a classic South Park episode.

twenty two ags
quote:
quote:
it was part of a fairly well known sketch comedy show that was more "influential" than the offspring. better call saul from your bestest most favoritest TV show ever was the lead.
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's a classic South Park episode.

One day I will catch up on South Park. It just doesn't compare to watching Tom Hanks storm beaches or Paul Giamatti as John Adams.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
it was part of a fairly well known sketch comedy show that was more "influential" than the offspring. better call saul from your bestest most favoritest TV show ever was the lead.
You mean Saul Goodman. At least name the character right, geez.
digging tunnels
AG
NAMBLA - North American Marlon brando look alikes. What's wrong with that?
digging tunnels
AG
I agree with everything said here by Eddie trunk

http://eddietrunk.com/1216-the-rr-hof-and-the-grammys-and-hard-rock-metal
Sex Panther
AG
wesag
AG
Look no further than Rush and how long it took them to get in. end of story.
jlb2957
AG
quote:
I agree with everything said here by Eddie trunk

http://eddietrunk.com/1216-the-rr-hof-and-the-grammys-and-hard-rock-metal
This is my problem with so many naysayers:

Their issue seems to be they don't understand why other bands have not been inducted, not necessarily bashing bands like Green Day from getting the nod.

Whether or not Deep Purple deserves to be in the the RRHOF (which I believe they do) has no bearing on whether Green Day does. There have been MANY others inducted into the RRHoF to ***** about... *****ing about Green Day because you don't happen to like them is just stupid.

I don't think a rap artist should be inducted into the RRHoF, but I actually have a legitimate reason as to why they shouldn't be inducted aside from, "waaaa.... I don't like them, waaaa"
MGS
quote:
NAMBLA - North American Marlon brando look alikes. What's wrong with that?
The horror...
2ndGen87
AG
I love Green Day. Great lyrics. Great energy. Very creative.

I think they are really good artists. American Idiot is probably the best concept album since Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Come on, how many Green Day songs do you know? I bet a ton:

American Idiot
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Jesus of Suburbia
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Holiday
Basket Case
Longview
When I Come Around

You hear them constantly at NFL venues these days. They are huge.
GoAgs92
AG
is GD punk?

wtf happened to punk then...wow.

Bruce Almighty
AG
They are more pop punk, kind of like Weezer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weezer, Green Day, Blink 182, The Offspring, and many others fall into the category of "pop punk" if you really need to categorize them. Punk is not just hardcore, I don't know why some of you have such a hard time understanding that. Was The Ramones punk? Exactly. And it doesn't mean the music is any worse.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Weezer, Green Day, Blink 182, The Offspring, and many others fall into the category of "pop punk" if you really need to categorize them. Punk is not just hardcore, I don't know why some of you have such a hard time understanding that. Was The Ramones punk? Exactly. And it doesn't mean the music is any worse.

I don't think any of the bands considered their self pop, but if that's what we are calling punk pop then I am a big fan.
Post removed:
by user
VanZandt92
The Clash was punk, but also just good rock and roll. If you go back and listen to any number of Clash songs, sure, they are rebellious, but there is harmony and melody there that Black Flag and The Circle Jerks never had.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Echoes97
AG
quote:
quote:
Whether or not Deep Purple deserves to be in the the RRHOF (which I believe they do) has no bearing on whether Green Day does. There have been MANY others inducted into the RRHoF to ***** about... *****ing about Green Day because you don't happen to like them is just stupid.

I'm going to disagree with you here, in my (and I believe many other people's) opinions, it absolutely does have a bearing, due to the artists who are not inducted (but eligible and deserving) being seen as "not as deserving/good" as artists like Green Day (or a litany of other artists that currently occupy the hall). You will never convince me that SRV being snubbed for years and years and then being inducted alongside Green Day doesn't mean anything. GD getting first balloted indicates the RRHoF's committee's opinion that they were worthy from day 1, whereas SRV was worthy 10+ years after being eligible.

I honestly don't have a strong opinion about GD, don't really think they're all that talented musically speaking but undoubtedly have lots of hits.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Bruce Almighty
AG
So what are The Ramones?
Belton Ag
AG
Green Day is now where Dropkick Murphys will be in a few years. Once these guys let the record labels water down their music and make them more palatable to the mainstream their music does change.

But Green Day is talented, they are good musicians and they deserve all the notoriety they get. Many good punk bands don't concentrate on their craft because it's not about making perfect music, it's about rebellion, attitude and lifestyle.

My favorites have always been New York hardcore bands, also bands like Dropkick Murphys prior to 2000, Real McKenzies, etc. Good stuff and definitely different from Green Day.
Sex Panther
AG
You guys take the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too seriously
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.