Foo Fighters Sonic Highways on HBO

9,123 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Jim01
AgPediRPh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New Orleans was greatness! I'd say it's the best episode so far with Nashville as a close second
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
How awesome is it that Dave Grohl would just wander across the street to the bar during recording sessions?

I loved when he pointed out the guy across the street that he had met the day before. He obviously knew plenty about him.

That was hilarious!
"Hey I know that guy in the headband! He's here for his bachelor party. That's his dad. Who brings their dad on their bachelor party?"

"I told them we were playing here tonight."
Potcake
AG
quote:
New Orleans was greatness! I'd say it's the best episode so far with Nashville as a close second

Nashville was my favorite and New Orleans next. Feel like I need to make Austin higher since I live here. Would have been cool to see Bob Schneider and Dave together. I wrk with a girl who stood in line five hours on Thursday to get into ACL taping. Twenty got in, they were 15 and 16. She said it was a great show. Looking forward to seeing it.
R0GUE
AG
I think my problem with the Austin episode, not that it was bad, but its just I know so many Texas bands that I was sad they didn't all get a mention. Like you said Bob Schneider would have been a good one, or Explosions in the Sky, Robert Earl Keen, Lyle Lovett, Nanci Griffith, James McMurtry, etc.

It's impractical to have them all, but I was just left wanting more. Whereas I don;t know enough about the other cities' scenes to be able to complain.
Billy Liuccis Facial Hair
AG
great read from David Grohl regarding New Orleans.

"The celebration of life in that city is unlike anywhere else I've ever been. Whether it's coming out of a bar or Preservation Hall or a second line coming down the street, there's a soundtrack to that city everywhere, 24 hours a day. You're just immersed in music. It makes people smile and dance and drink and celebrate life. I don't know if I could survive there the rest of my life because it's just too good. It's like the sweetest piece of cake you've ever had: The taste is delicious, but you can't eat it every day."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/dave-grohl-sonic-highways-new-orleans-20141122#ixzz3JrV5NMkB
leachfan
Steve Earle has been in every episode since Nashville.

TXAGFAN
AG
I love this show. This episode was all the music I listened to as a teenager...Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam. Greatness.

The scene where they separated the drums was hysterical.
zgood10
AG
Lead Cymbalist
zgood10
AG
John Lang Studios is pretty badass
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I love this show. This episode was all the music I listened to when I was at A&M...Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam. Greatness.

Fixed it for myself.
zgood10
AG
"It's Dave Grohl!"

"Hey you wanna see where we're recording?"

How cool was that
TXAGFAN
AG
Agree zgood10, he just seems like the most genuine humble guy. Not a huge fan of this album, but loved this series.
R0GUE
AG
That was so badass, the part with him and the family passing by! Lucky kids lol.

I actually really like the album, one of my faves of the year.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm sad it's over.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I'm sad it's over.

The good news Junkhead is that he's left the door open for a second season, he told John Stewart he's considering it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I saw that. I don't think he will do it but I hope he does.

Potential cities/areas:
Detroit (Motown)
Memphis
San Francisco
Cleveland
Muscle Shoals/Birmingham
Atlanta
Boston
New Jersey
R0GUE
AG
I'd throw Kansas City in there instead of Jersey or Memphis. But those are all good picks.
AgPediRPh
AG
Motown definitely needs to be on season 2.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
I saw that. I don't think he will do it but I hope he does.

Potential cities/areas:
Detroit (Motown)
Memphis
San Francisco
Cleveland
Muscle Shoals/Birmingham
Atlanta
Boston
New Jersey

Could head overseas also possibly.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That can be Sonic Highways 3.
Jim01
AG
Loved this series. Dave better get at least an Emmy nod, if not a trophy for this thing.

That moment with the little boy was awesome. I am one of those who don't ever listen to the Foo anymore but am a huge Dave fan. Just the most sincere guy. Also love his work with QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures.

Oh and you guys forgot to put Miami on the list. We need an intimate sit down with Pitbull in season 2!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.