*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,264,875 Views | 26784 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by Definitely Not A Cop
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went back through ten pages of content and couldn't find a true, go-to thread to post this in, so I figured we might as well start an official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread; one where we can discuss overarching rumors, the potential release slate, etc. We've got somewhat "official" threads going for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man, but anything not related to a specific, imminent title, let's try and keep to this thread.

Anyway, Badass Digest just posted a pretty interesting article about Marvel's phase three plans. Namely, that Avengers 3 may be lacking the core team we know now, and will instead serve to bring together many of the newly-introduced characters from Guardians of the Galaxy and whoever else Marvel will be introducing in phase three. Granted, we've been assuming the GOTG and phase three characters would be included, but I don't think anyone suspected Avengers 3 might not feature, say, Captain America or Thor (if anything, we thought those characters might die in A3). That said, it sounds like Marvel then may bring them back AFTER Avengers 3? I'm sure even Marvel doesn't have it all figured out at this point, but it's definitely interesting to get hear the direction they may be leaning...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/05/your-favorite-avengers-may-not-be-in-avengers-3/

[Temp lock in order to clean up the thread and give 30 day bans to posters that dropped spoilers about other shows. -Staff]

[Unlocked. Read page 412 -Staff ]
FL_Ag1998
AG
Man, I'd like to see Black Panther in the mix, any word on that other than just speculation? I get that Ms. Marvel will likely stem from GOTG moving the action to outer space, but when it comes to stand-alone movies, it seems like Black Panther would be a more bankable choice (if you can really call any of these largely unknown "secondary" superhero characters bankable when plotting out your movie universe years in advance).
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I've heard some rumors that are very interesting but I don't want to mention it hear because it could include spoilers for Avengers 2.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
With Guardians Marvel has shown that their brand is the star...
I hope Marvel doesn't rest on its laurels thinking the brand will carry an infinite number of movies. So far good stories have been the star and the better stories have gotten better box office results, even within the Marvel brand.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm just hopeful someone on Agents of Shield will be able to jump from small screen to silver screen (is there a golden screen?).
TexasAggie_02
AG
Marvel discussing with Sony about bringing spidey into the MCU.

http://geektyrant.com/news/is-marvel-in-negotiations-with-sony-for-spider-man-rights
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sweet, everyone I know says there haven't been enough Spider-man movies in the last 15 years!
The Debt
Spider-Man
Sex Panther
AG
Spider Man is a great character. Would love to see him where he belongs.
Red Five
AG
quote:
Marvel discussing with Sony about bringing spidey into the MCU.

http://geektyrant.com/news/is-marvel-in-negotiations-with-sony-for-spider-man-rights

That is huge for post-phase 3 Avengers.
benMath08
AG
Fox has shown they know what they're doing (for the most part) with X-Men, but Sony has really bungled their Marvel properties. Anything to get those characters back into Marvel producers' hands...
israeliag
AG
There were plans to have this back before Avengers and even incorporate the Oscorp building into the NYC skyline in the final battle as an easter egg.
The Debt
quote:
Spider Man is a great character. Would love to see him where he belongs.
Sex Panther
AG
Right Bill. I forgot how unpopular Spider Man is.
The Debt
He is popular because he is aimed at the 4-8yo demographic. As a superhero, he is contrived, weak, and adds no real value to any storyline.

That is why the best spider-man stuff is him alone. As long as he stays in his own city(universe), he is tolerable. Otherwise he is just a brand thrown into the Avengers or whatever comic/film Parker gloms onto.
Red Five
AG
quote:
As a superhero, he is contrived, weak, and adds no real value to any storyline.

Please feel free to expound upon this monumentally incorrect statement.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
He is popular because he is aimed at the 4-8yo demographic. As a superhero, he is contrived, weak, and adds no real value to any storyline.

That is why the best spider-man stuff is him alone. As long as he stays in his own city(universe), he is tolerable. Otherwise he is just a brand thrown into the Avengers or whatever comic/film Parker gloms onto.

swimmerbabe11
quote:
I'm just hopeful someone on Agents of Shield will be able to jump from small screen to silver screen (is there a golden screen?).

Deathlok seems like a pretty strong possibility.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Fox has shown they know what they're doing (for the most part) with X-Men, but Sony has really bungled their Marvel properties. Anything to get those characters back into Marvel producers' hands...

There is a theory out there that I'm not sure we have discussed, that Marvel is intentionally sinking Fox's merchandising for XMen and F4 to make reaquiring them cheaper.

XMen DoFP was a huge movie but had virtually no merch associated with it. It's funny to consider.
R0GUE
AG
There's lots of conspiracy theories like that going around in comics circles, including the notion that Marvel is even sticking weaker writers on the X-books and that the FF comic will get cancelled in the near future..
Seven Psycho Ags
Marvel wouldn't **** up Spidey

Also, Bill lives in his own little world and should be ignored
Bruce Almighty
AG
I agree on Bill, but for once, and probably the only time, I actually agree with him. I've always hated Spider-Man. The movies have been fine, but I can't get through any of the comic books.
AliasMan02
AG
Heard on the radio this morning that yesterday on Ellen, RDJ said there will be an IM4.
AliasMan02
AG
Aaaaaans in following up, just read that last night he denied it.

I bet Stark ends up as Secretary of Defense and RSJ continues on in that role. It doubly makes sense now that it seems the traditional Avengers may not star in Avengers 3. What if in that movie, with the Avengers in some way unavailable and SHIELD gone, Secretary Stark pulls together a new team?
Red Five
AG
Stark as Director of SHIELD? Spidey back with Marvel? FF possibly waning and could head back to Marvel?

Sounds like a recipe for Civil War.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Civil War would be great. When I got back into comic books by way of Star Wars Legacy and the Gunslinger Born, I picked up a graphic novel of it. Chris Evans would have a chance to shine like no other if that came about.

Plus whoever plays Spiderman could do the unmasking scene, although I guess he takes the mask off in front of someone in basically every movie anyways.

If they did that, they'd have to get JK Simmons back one more time to get Jonah Jameson's reaction to Spidey's unveiling.

Saxsoon
AG
RDJ has confirmed he is in negotiations for IM4.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What villains are left in the mix for Ironman?

I loved the first one, tried to love the second one, but eventually it was just a bunch of CGI robots fighting each other, despite Sam Rockwell's awesomeness, couldn't even like the third one because it really should have been called "The Adventures of Tony Stark".

Marsh
AG
Peter Parker is Spiderman?!?!? WTF, spoiler alert, PLEASE!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
What villains are left in the mix for Ironman?

I loved the first one, tried to love the second one, but eventually it was just a bunch of CGI robots fighting each other, despite Sam Rockwell's awesomeness, couldn't even like the third one because it really should have been called "The Adventures of Tony Stark".

There was a Marvel short that suggested the true Manderin is still out there. Not sure how that villain would be used without another Iron Man movie, though I wouldn't mind if they let the character retire.
Saxsoon
AG
Ben Kingsley hinted at whether or not Trevor is a fabrication of the Mandarin and that it was just a disguise for him. Hiding in plain sight. Frankly I liked Trevor but I am not a comic book person.

quote:
"Has the Mandarin invented Trevor, or has Trevor invented the Mandarin? Which is which?" Kingsley asks. "The Mandarin could be so supremely
intelligent that he could have said, 'You know what? I'll invent this
actor, and he will be my mask.' You know, which is which? Who's pulling
the strings. Now, this is me just free-thinking here, but I would love
to revisit that world. But Trev, bless him, may have made an indelible
mark on that world. So everyone might say, 'Is it Trev under there?' So
they'd have to approach it quite carefully, and so would I, but I would
love to go back to that world, yeah."
FL_Ag1998
AG
Since they've brought the GoTG into the mix already, and done do.successfully, do they dare go the route of the recent Iron Man comic book and have Tony venture out into space on a journey of self discovery and hook up with the Guardians?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Since they've brought the GoTG into the mix already, and done do.successfully, do they dare go the route of the recent Iron Man comic book and have Tony venture out into space on a journey of self discovery and hook up with the Guardians?

Sounds like that will be the Hulk.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:

Sounds like that will be the Hulk.

Oh yeah, the Planet Hulk stuff that's been mentioned.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
RDJ has confirmed he is in negotiations for IM4.

He seemed to confirm it, and then later on he said there are no plans for IM4. I think what he meant to say on Ellen is that he'll be in more than Age of Ultron. Marvel has been very secretive lately, they must be planning something ambitious. Civil War storyline? Would be really fascinating.
Last Page
Page 1 of 766

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.