Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Synopsis

64,354 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Marvel Studios presents Avengers: Age of Ultron, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Pretty basic, however my eyes immediately go to "jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program." This makes me think that Hank Pym is still the original creator of the Ultron program. We will see though. Based on some rumors and stuff that have come out lately about this movie (which I'm not going to mention here for sack of not spoiling) I'm very interested in where this movie might be taking the MCU.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I like that Stark screws up, even if it is with good intentions. That calls back to Ironman 1, where he is a lot more motivated to set things right because all of the weapons in the hands of crazy people are there because of him and Stark Industries (albeit also because Jeff Bridges was a d-bag).

Ironman 2 and 3 are mainly about villains plotting against him for revenge and him having to react, which is pretty standard stuff. In the Avengers he's still 50:50 on fulling committing until Coulson dies but not really. Having him trying to make up for his own mistakes makes him a lot more interesting.
The Debt
I really hope they "empire" Avengers2 where the characters are at their lowest. Their union is dissolved, some characters have lost their will to protect and fight, some may have actually lost their powers. I think it sets up a helluva return in the 3rd.
TCTTS
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
I really hope they "empire" Avengers2 where the characters are at their lowest. Their union is dissolved, some characters have lost their will to protect and fight, some may have actually lost their powers. I think it sets up a helluva return in the 3rd.

I don't know how that will pan out. Ultron has nothing to do with Thanos. Still need team Avengers to meet team Guardians too.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I don't know how that will pan out. Ultron has nothing to do with Thanos. Still need team Avengers to meet team Guardians too.

Conversely, why does Ultron have to have anything to do with Thanos for what he just said to pan out? From everything I've heard, sounds to me exactly how this one will end.
TCTTS
AG
The "return" he's talking about is the Avengers. Not Ultron.
The Debt
quote:
The "return" he's talking about is the Avengers. Not Ultron.

Yea. The Avengers assembling for one last cosmic fight after the events of Ultron shattering them.
TCTTS
AG
If Age of Ultron ends with that same kind of Empire Strikes Back/Dark Knight all-is-lost vibe - and the movie is roughly as good as the last one - I think it'll overtake Avatar as the highest grossing movie of all time.

That is, at least until Episode VII hits in December.
The Debt
That would be bad ass. I would be a giddy if it ended on a massive downer.

And I think it plays perfectly into the individual hero movies between A2 and A3. They are shattered.

One thing I am curious about is how they pickup after hydra killed shield. Will we see A2 create SWORD (which is an off shoot of shield)(which is actually created by none other than Joss Whedon)?

Will they form sword on the TV show to give some background before A2.
CGSC Lobotomy
Not necessarily Avengers related, but if Marvel goes the Tenth Realm route with Thor, I'd like to see Eva Green play the female version of Loki.
The Debt
Speaking of which when is Agents of Shield coming back?
Knife_Party
quote:
Not necessarily Avengers related, but if Marvel goes the Tenth Realm route with Thor, I'd like to see Eva Green naked again.

FIFY
The Debt
Am I the only person that thinks Eva Green looks like a more-tired, less-emotional Kristen Stewart?
gravy97
AG
Agents of Shield comes back next week... according my sources...
Knife_Party
quote:
Am I the only person that thinks Eva Green looks like a more-tired, less-emotional Kristen Stewart?

She looks significantly less masculine than Stewart. Jutting man jaw FTL.
The Debt

BigRobSA
quote:

Sorry, I don't think bare breasts emote much.

You actually look at faces?

You know how I know that you're gay?

J/K of course!
The Debt
Tits can be fake, see Charlie Strong.
Cromagnum
AG
It was confirmed that Paul Bettany (voice actor of Jarvis) will be dual cast as The Vision. Also confirmed that Tony Stark plays a role in activating Ultron (sorry Pym, marvel us retconning this one).

The question now comes in, does Ultron corrupt Jarvis to make The Vision? Or does Jarvis have a split into a good and bad half, making The Vision and Ultron?
jeffk
AG
Sounds fun!
redline248
AG
I just read the Ultron wikipedia. Man, that is some crazy shtt
TCTTS
AG
International trailer just leaked...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/22/7042577/watch-age-of-ultron-trailer-leak-avengers
Simplebay
TCTTS
AG
From what little we get here, Ultron actually feels like the first truly threatening/memorable villain out of the entire MCU.
toucan82
I'm intrigued. I may end up watching this one.
Sex Panther
AG
Who is this?

Sex Panther
AG
This movie is going to make so much money it's insulting to African countries.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

When all is said and done, Episode VII and Avengers 2 - both releasing in 2015 - could legitimately end up being number one and number two all time at the box office. That's kind of insane.
Average Joe
AG
quote:
quote:

When all is said and done, Episode VII and Avengers 2 - both releasing in 2015 - could legitimately end up being number one and number two all time at the box office. That's kind of insane.
If it goes Empire/Dark Knight level then Avengers 3 will outsell both. I think Marvel sits better with the younger crowd than Star Wars, at the moment. If it goes Matrix Reloaded (doubtful from everything we have seen from them) then the rest of the MCU could struggle. Being somewhat the midway point in the current MCU, this is a vital film.
Max Power
AG
quote:
Who is this?

Looks like it's Andy Serkis, who is listed on the imdb for the movie but no role is listed. Any ideas out there?
EarlyAg07
AG
Official trailer is up as well

Orome
AG
Read somewhere that Andy supposedly did the motion capture for Ultron and that he could appear as some sort of transcendent Ultron that could become a biological organism.

Here's that source:
http://comicbook.com/2014/10/23/our-biggest-questions-for-the-leaked-avengers-age-of-ultron-trai/
CGSC Lobotomy
What I've read about Serkis is even bigger: that his character has the initials U.K.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
What I've read about Serkis is even bigger: that his character has the initials U.K.
Uncle Kracker?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.