GOTHAM

48,241 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
The Lost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So is the plan for this to be two seasons with every Villan ever dead?
Wes97
AG
I think the point was that he was not the joker. Just a possible inspiration. That way the actual backstory of the real joker is still a mystery. Just a way to get out of a story that fans of the original batman/joker story did not appreciate anyway.
SeattleAgJr
AgMarauder04
AG
It's a damn train wreck.

Really, some 16 year old kid is "inspiring" others to be crazy? Why can't I look away?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Forgive me, as I've only watched ten minutes of this show that my wife loves, but is it too obvious that Theo Galavan (I had to look that name up) is The Joker and the blonde chick is Harley Quinn? Or do they routinely run out obvious choices from time to time and then prove them to be false later?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Forgive me, as I've only watched ten minutes of this show that my wife loves, but is it too obvious that Theo Galavan (I had to look that name up) is The Joker and the blonde chick is Harley Quinn? Or do they routinely run out obvious choices from time to time and then prove them to be false later?
I suppose if they have zero qualms with taking a buzzsaw to canon origin, it's possible.

Barbara, theoretically, will marry Jim (if it's the same Barbara). I imagine DC has some control.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
The wife doesn't know the story outside of the show, so when I told her that Barbara would marry Jim, she said, "they don't necessarily follow the story in this." I'm not sure how accurate that is. My first thought after that was that maybe the Barbara/HQ idea was one of the examples of a (significant) change. The other option I guess was that they're simply giving subtle nods to other characters without actually changing the story.

At any rate, I heard her say "wow, they just killed the joker", and when I looked at the screen, I saw Theo Galavan flirting with Barbara. I instantly thought he was the real joker, but like I said, I've only watched ten minutes.
Whos Juan
AG
I was actually thinking Galavan is Ra's al Ghul.
SeattleAgJr
MooreTrucker
AG
So I'm finally catching up on this and saw the ep last night where the sister does her first arson before becoming the "firefly" or whatever next time. My DVR cut out about 10 minutes between Galvan talking to the old man about retaking Gotham and others coming over on boats (whatever that means) and the scene where Galvan is talking to the new guy (Chiklis) about something that happened to their fellow officver and how horrible it was.

What did I miss?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.