Deadpool really happening, 2016 release date!

95,237 Views | 628 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bedofbrass33
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic/mpaa.htm it's 3rd behind passion of the Christ, and American sniper. Could catch them, both, I guess.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Easily the highest grossing R movie out there? Ever?

#3 behind American Sniper and The Passion. Doesn't seem likely to catch either.

Edit: sorry, didn't click the next page. I say catching is unlikely because of BvS and Civil War starting to take over the conversation.
OnlyForNow
AG
Neither of which will be R though.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Neither of which will be R though.

Just mean that the word of mouth for Mr. Pool is somewhat diminished.
redline248
AG
Yeah, I don't know what it would take to close a 50 million dollar gap...it doesn't look like much, but I guess it really is.
TheDoctor
AG
I will never hear "Angel of the Morning" again without thinking of Deadpool.

Finally saw it today. Was everything I wanted.
wessimo
AG
quote:
Two things that came immediately to mind when I was thinking about the movie:
A virul ad campaign like Stitch had where the trailer starts as a trailer we know and Deadpool shows up and changes everything or deadpool injects himself in the movie and then we see suits at a table turning him down.

At the end of the movie deadpool needs to come around the corner in a bathrobe over full costume with the shower running and ask "are you still here? It's over Go home! "

I just can't wait.

Go home:

M.C. Swag
AG
I saw that but the dude edited his post 9 times. He's clearly trolling, hoping someone would scroll back and find his post.
zip90
AG
I edited the post nine times because texags would not let me put both youtube clips in one post.

Ended up splitting it into two seperate posts.

Plus my spelling is awful

If I wanted to Troll, I would have pointed it out myself.
Wes97
AG
Very enjoyable.
AggieLitigator
3rd viewing about to start
AtlAg05
AG
Watched it last night, had no idea really what to expect and I was very entertained.

The scene against colossus, where he said something about fearing the T Rex while both wrists were broken, still has me almost in tears laughing.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Watched it last night, had no idea really what to expect and I was very entertained.

The scene against colossus, where he said something about fearing the T Rex while both wrists were broken, still has me almost in tears laughing.

Colossus your poor wife...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Noooo chance. Likely what you will get is some watered down crap marketing campagin that people will blame the poor bkx office performance on. Like Dredd.
This movie will not perform well at the box office for numerous reasons. I think this movie will barely top out at $50 million It may make it's money back, but it won't be a success.

BTW, saw it this weekend. It was good. Not great, but wayyyy better than I would have ever thought.

Hate that I put money in that dewshbag Rob Liefeld's pockets, though. Guy is the worst artist I've ever seen.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Secured its spot as #1 rated R movie. Still#2 domestic behind Passion. Also about to pass Xmen DoFP.
SeattleAgJr
https://www.facebook.com/VancityReynolds/posts/818676424943148
wangus12
AG
Damn onions this morning. I have a lot of new found respect for Ryan Reynolds that everything he has managed to do with Deadpool and how genuine he seems to be.
AgLiving06
Available for purchase on iTunes now.

really thinking about buying this one.
CrottyKid
AG
Just watched this. Didn't know anything about Deadpool, and I know very little about superhero movies. This was a good film.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I need that laugh/cry emoticon.

AtlAg05
AG
Whoever is marketing this stuff is pure genius.
wangus12
AG
GAG REEL!!!

GiveEmHellBill
AG
What's really shocking the hell outta me is that it's already out on Blu Ray on Tuesday. That's almost exactly three months to the day from it's premiere. That's damn quick.

Usually you'll see that with a box office flop....not one of the highest grossing films of the year. By comparison, Age of Ultron took five months for the DVD release.

This isn't a complaint or a bad thing....it's just interesting that they are wanting to keep this movie fresh in your mind by rushing it out into the home market this quickly.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
What's really shocking the hell outta me is that it's already out on Blu Ray on Tuesday. That's almost exactly three months to the day from it's premiere. That's damn quick.

Usually you'll see that with a box office flop....not one of the highest grossing films of the year. By comparison, Age of Ultron took five months for the DVD release.

This isn't a complaint or a bad thing....it's just interesting that they are wanting to keep this movie fresh in your mind by rushing it out into the home market this quickly.

I'd guess, without doing any research, that R rated movies get to home media faster. Seems that way, anyway.
zip90
AG
We can all hope that it was released this early so that the unrated directors cut can be released for Christmas!

Even though the Directer said there would be no Directors Cut...
jabberwalkie09
AG

AtlAg05
AG
Saw on dealnews.com an offer to rent Deadpool for free in HD via a coupon code at CinemaNow.

Code is DEADPOOLUSA
YouBet
AG
Very entertaining and coincidentally I started reading the comic as its part of the this guys reading timeline:

http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/knights-until-avengers-disassembled/

Nerd commentary: I checked out Deadpool and Wolverine in the Marvel online database and Deadpool is significantly more powerful than Wolverine. Surprised by that since I had heard Wolverine had become overpowered in the last several years.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BHhx13iBjjy
hunter2012
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BHhx13iBjjy

Since it worked well the first time.

israeliag
AG
<laughcryemoji>
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wait..... Does... Might this mean we get to see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine again after his last solo film?

(Slim to none chance, I know.)
TexasAggie_02
AG
deadpool was nominated for an Integrated Marketing Award

http://movieweb.com/deadpool-movie-video-clio-award-nomination/

Sex Panther
AG
Hmmmmmm...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-director-tim-miller-quits-deadpool-2-over-issue-1788103846
hunter2012
AG
Sex Panther said:

Hmmmmmm...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-director-tim-miller-quits-deadpool-2-over-issue-1788103846

I do agree with Reynolds that they should stick with what works, why go more stylized when that's not what made the first one successful. I wish Miller would have stayed with the project but these things happen...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.