Deadpool really happening, 2016 release date!

95,188 Views | 628 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bedofbrass33
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like Reynolds wanted to stay true to the character. I'm not sure that is such a bad thing. Though, it's hard for me to picture Kyle Chandler as Cable.
Sex Panther
AG
Kyle Chandler? I don't know a thing about Cable, and I really like Kyle Chandler, but he's good at playing one thing... a former frat star dad.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sex Panther said:

Kyle Chandler? I don't know a thing about Cable, and I really like Kyle Chandler, but he's good at playing one thing... a former frat star dad.
Neither do I, but I kind of pictured Stephen Lang. From the article:

Quote:

Their conflict reportedly came to a head with the rumored casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable. Chandler was Miller's choice, but Reynolds didn't want him for the part, and the studio ended up siding with the star- partially because his renegotiated contract includes casting approval.
Sex Panther
AG
Cable also seems really lame from what I've seen. Kind of the epitome of 90's comic cheesiness.
Ambres
AG
Whomever they cast, they should have a good chemistry w/ Deadpool. Cable is the straight guy to Deadpool humor. I like Kyle but he is not a good choice as Cable.

Also, don't forget that they are talking about a New Mutant movie as well. I would expect Cable to be the crossover character so you want an actor that can carry the movie in a professor X type role over teens.
Scotty Flamingo
Sex Panther said:

Cable also seems really lame from what I've seen. Kind of the epitome of 90's comic cheesiness.

HEY YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
Sex Panther
AG
Nathan Summers said:

Sex Panther said:

HEY YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

redline248
AG
Was never really a fan of Cable, either, in my limited exposure to him.
R0GUE
AG
redline248 said:

Was never really a fan of Cable, either, in my limited exposure to him.

He's genius in conjunction with Deadpool. Think classic odd couple but with super powers. Also the Cable run where he has to take care of the baby mutant messiah while traveling through time trying to outrun Bishop, who is trying to kill them, was pretty awesome.
redline248
AG
You know what, I think I was mixing up Cable and Bishop. Maybe it's Bishop I don't really like. I fully admit my knowledge of both is largely confined to the 90s X-Men cartoon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I finally saw this this afternoon. Genius.
R0GUE
AG
redline248 said:

You know what, I think I was mixing up Cable and Bishop. Maybe it's Bishop I don't really like. I fully admit my knowledge of both is largely confined to the 90s X-Men cartoon.

They are somewhat similar. They both come from effed up futures, they both use huge guns. Cable's powers are telepathy and telekinesis, while Bishop's is energy absorption that he can channel out as blasts. Cable is the son of Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey (although he considers the real Jean his mother), but he had to be sent to the future as a baby because he was infected with a tech-virus where there was no cure in the present (it's why he has a partially metal body). Bishop grew up in a timeline where the remaining mutants revered the x-men as legends.
Scotty Flamingo
Haters
jabberwalkie09
AG
It apparently wasn't just Reynolds that had a problem with Miller, but the screenwriters as well.

Quote:

This latest story says that it wasn't just Reynolds and Miller fighting each other with occasional studio refereeing. Arrayed against Miller were Reynolds and screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Those three all saw a sequel that stayed close to the formula of the first, andprobably crucially in the studio execs' headsstayed relatively inexpensive.

Insiders told The Wrap that Miller wanted to do a more "stylized" version that would have needed three times the first film's $58 million budget. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why a studio would back Reynolds, Reese, and Wernick over Miller here. The former three are promising to basically do what made the studio a ton of money for very little investment again. Miller was asking for a lot more money to try something new.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-the-rift-that-led-to-tim-miller-leaving-deadpoo-1788208182
Dro07
AG
Why would you try to shy away to what brought you the biggest hit? Makes no damn sense
AliasMan02
AG
I think some directors are just tinkerers, but I'm with you. I wouldn't change a thing about Deadpool, I don't think.
rhutton125
AG
You could shoot for an even more Deadpooly Deadpool, perhaps. Rather than doing it all over again the same way
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/deadpool-2-new-director-david-leitch-1201902642/
hunter2012
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/deadpool-2-new-director-david-leitch-1201902642/

So far he's only directed John Wick(uncredited), wonder how he'll do Deadpool. Here's his chance to go really over the top with the Gun-fu.
bedofbrass33
AG
This belongs in this thread

Mathguy64
AG

I was rewatching the movie the other night and caught some funny names in the dead pool. I believe Griggs won with of all people Arnold Palmer.
TajMaballer
AG
Golden Globe nomination for Best Comedy/Musical and Ryan Reynolds nomination for Best Actor Comedy Musical.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/deadpool-2-production-vancouver

Deadpool 2 to start shooting in Vancouver in May 2017
AliasMan02
AG
No casting news, though? Seems weird.

Watched Deadpool again the other day. That movie is damn near perfect.
hunter2012
AG
Negasonic and Colossus are confirmed
hunter2012
AG
Dopinder confirmed

Now we just need the blind black cocaine old lady and all will be well.
AgMarauder04
AG
Surely, she will be in it.
redline248
AG
What about Morena?
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

Kyle Chandler as Cable
bdenby
AG
Full eyes, clear hearts, can't DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MooreTrucker
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

This belongs in this thread

Where is that from?
redline248
AG
Probably just random people at comic con or something.
hunter2012
AG
Deadpool Oscar Consideration trailer

jabberwalkie09
AG

bedofbrass33
AG
I randomly saw it during a google image search. Don't even remember what I searched for but I knew it belonged in this thread as soon as I saw it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.