*** THE KNICK - Season One ***

5,655 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
JakeyBS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reminded me of requiem for a dream mixed with a 70s style stop go frame
Aggie Infantry
AG
1) The music is odd.

2) I thought that the missing earrings were to pay off the administrator's debt, not for a hooker.

3) What is the deal with the Nun? Is she performing abortions on the side?

4) How much would it suck to be in a position like the nose surgery girl? Having your arm strapped to your head for a month or two? Just shoot me...
Btron
AG
quote:
) What is the deal with the Nun? Is she performing abortions on the side?

yes
Steve McQueen
AG
How did you guys pick up on the nun's abortion business?
Btron
AG
quote:
When the driver was snooping around the second episode. They show a young mother to be on a chair, and the dialogue assumed abortion.
Ag_07
AG
This one really hitting it's stride and gets better each week.

Love the side stories of Clery and the nun and the director and his debts/whoare skeletons.
Bunk Moreland
It's just not doing much for me. I'm rolling through the first season and staying with it, but I'm just not that interested.
TCTTS
AG
^ Yeah, I have two episodes backed up on my DVR, and have zero desire to knock them out. This show is incredibly well-made, beautifully shot, and I love Soderbergh, but I'm the same way - it's just not grabbing me. Still, based on Ag_07's post, I'll definitely give these next two eps a shot...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm loving it. Gf has bought in as well. The episodes are flying through so fast now. Seeing the Genesis of a lot of the medical tech we take for granted today is really cool plus the stories ate getting better
Btron
AG
I like it, wife loves hit (nurse) so we watch it every Friday night. But usually after we've had dinner, or gone out, and I've had a few. I'm asleep within the first 15mins. She gives me good recaps, but it doesn't sound like I miss much.
I think we will continue the process.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
When the driver was snooping around the second episode. They show a young mother to be on a chair, and the dialogue assumed abortion.

Hah. I just watched this scene. I guess I wasn't paying attention because I never realized that it was the nun.
Aggie Infantry
AG
That poor girl with her "nose job". That had to be hell.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. I take back any trepidation I had about this show. These past two episodes - tonight, in particular - have been some of the best all around, hands down, since True Detective. I'm almost speechless at how good tonight's episode was. The slow and steady build to the riot - and then having to get the black patients to the other hospital - was just a phenomenal hour of television. And to follow last week's episode, watching Thackery and Bertie do their thing, and then having Thackery finally come around to Algernon the way he did... so great. Soderbergh is the man.
Bunk Moreland
Good. I really enjoyed last week's and I'm about to begin tonight's ep. Excited now. Last week was the first time I ended an episode thoroughly enjoying it.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Anyone else caught up?
agswin2001
AG
I'm really, really enjoying this show. Watched the first episode and though "meh", but stuck with it to see where it went. Glad I did. The last couple of episodes seemed like they ended way too soon and I find myself impatient for the next one to come out. Every episode seems to get better.
Bunk Moreland
last 2 eps have been real good. The slow start to the season has proved rewarding.
TCTTS
AG
Feel the same way. Pilot was solid, but really took a while for me to fully embrace the show. Now I can't wait for it to air each week. Still can't get over how great these past two episodes were.
Ag_07
AG
Just caught up on the latest episode on the DVR.

Phenomenonal. The last 2 have put it over the top.

This show gets better every episode and is the best thing on TV right now. Soderberg is killin it with the dramatic imagery combined with great acting and topped off with the musical score. The script itself is very very minimal but you don't really realize it. The historical accuracy aspect adds a bit as well.

I also think what's making it great is the amount of issues they touch on and present. You've got the medical innovation, racism, drugs, abortion, whoares, disease, crooked officials, and now sex. The charcater development of how each of these issues affects each one of them is engrossing.

Keep it coming and this could make a run at the likes of Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. Not quite Breaking Bad or True Detective but not far behind.
TCTTS
AG
^ Very well said, Ag_07.
Icecream_Ag
S
I also think one of the best parts of the show is how they incorporate actual events of the time into the story aka Typhoid Mary a couple weeks ago.
TCTTS
AG
Anyone else watch the final ep yet? Finished it last night. Easily one of the best seasons on television this year. LOVED that final shot.
Duncan Idaho
Was the episode the ended with the aspirin company's product the last one?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. Last of the season. Season two should return summer 2015.
Duncan Idaho
Loved the show. Loved the performances.Loved the sets. Loved the themes. Loved the music.

Bunk Moreland
Yep. Loved it
TXAGFAN
AG
This popped up on HBO GO this weekend and I watched the whole thing. I remember seeing the previews on Cinemax before it aired last year, but didn't watch it since it wasn't on DVR. GREAT show, definitely recommend.
MaroonStain
AG
Tis good. Awaiting on Season 2.
Bunk Moreland
yeah cant wait for S2.

for a while I wondered "where the **** is Clive Owen? That dude is boss, and I haven't seen him in anything lately "

then the Knick came along.
Duncan Idaho
Love love love this show
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Not quite Breaking Bad or True Detective but not far behind.
Now we have to clarify, SEASON ONE of True Detective!
cgh1999
AG
Started watching on demand and really enjoyed the first season. Looking forward to season 2.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/09/steven-soderbergh-knick-season-3-andre-holland-barry-jenkins-1234588751/
Duncan Idaho
**** yeah. I absolutely loved this show
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.