New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,006 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That sounds bad.
Sex Panther
AG
Oh, right... this is getting made.
Seven Psycho Ags
So it's the plot of the Star Trek reboot but with Terminators?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Boy that plot sounds bad. I love Khaleesi, particularly with darker hair, but they should have gotten away from the reboot stuff and concentrated on the actual fight between man and machine, either the time immediately after judgement day or some far-flung future.

I won't say this sounds worse than Salvation, because I'm not sure that's possible, but it sounds pretty crappy.
Seven Psycho Ags
I see 1&2 as the fundamental Terminator films and the rest as just having fun with the franchise. So I say let them do it. There's like two dozen altered timelines in the universe anyway. What's one more?

Granted I would really like to see a movie entirely about the war. As much as I enjoyed Salvation for what it was it didn't capture the feel of Cameron's war scenes at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
As much as I enjoyed Salvation for what it was

What was it, exactly?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

What was it, exactly?

Awful?
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
That sounds bad.
That's a major understatement. It sounds like ****. Its crap like this that make me irritated that I never headed to Hollywood and got into the business. Not saying I could make Oscar winners, but I sure as hell could come up with crap on this same level and clearly make a good living doing it.
elfurioso92
AG
That sounds really bad.
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
quote:

What was it, exactly?

A summer action movie with Christian Bale?
TCTTS
AG
Good write-up from Drew at HitFix with some insights about the script...

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/new-terminator-genisys-details-unveiled-to-less-than-stellar-reactions
israeliag
AG
So Sarah Connor is John Connor?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Just happened to run across this on Imgur....

mid90
AG
I'm sure this is an overly strong reaction, but I already kinda hate this movie for that stupid spelling of Genesis. I'm sure it's an acronym for something, but I can't get over how stupid it looks.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm sure this is an overly strong reaction, but I already kinda hate this movie for that stupid spelling of Genesis. I'm sure it's an acronym for something, but I can't get over how stupid it looks.
I have pretty low expectations of the movie itself... So low that I might just Redbox it or wait until it comes on Netflix.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, between the title spelling and that horrible Entertainment Weekly shoot, this one already has a ton riding against it. The first trailer hits Thursday, so we'll find out a lot more then.
wesag
AG
Only one of these is with discussing, maybe two:

05.01.15 - The Avengers 2 06.19.15 - Assassin's Creed 06.19.15 - Inside Out (Pixar) 06.26.15 - Terminator (reboot) 07.03.15 - Independence Day 2 (aka ID Forever Part 1) 07.10.15 - Pirates of the Caribbean 5 TBA: - Jurassic Park IV - Man of Steel 2 - Star Wars Episode VII
wesag
AG
quote:
I see 1&2 as the fundamental Terminator films and the rest as just having fun with the franchise. So I say let them do it. There's like two dozen altered timelines in the universe anyway. What's one more?

Granted I would really like to see a movie entirely about the war. As much as I enjoyed Salvation for what it was it didn't capture the feel of Cameron's war scenes at all.

Continuity doesn't matter when it comes to fun. Just be glad JRR got his continuity on before Hollywood existed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The scary thing about the Terminator in Genisys is that he has a built-in ability to take everything it sees. Almost like an invisible touch, it can reach in and grab right hold of your heart.
jr15aggie
AG
I knew nothing about this movie... Seeing those magazine photos and the quoted article makes it seem like a complete sabotage job. They definitely made it look just awful!
TCTTS
AG
Teaser for the trailer...

Hmmm. Looks like the T-1000 is back (but only in a repeating-T2-scenes kind of way - not resurrected).
Simplebay
AG
Ok. I'm off the bandwagon. That's CGI was fking turrible.

This movie will be a dumpster fire.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Watched it again, and the effects are just terrible.

With something like the Jurassic World trailer, you can tell the effect just aren't finished. Here, however, everything is obviously green screened, especially that shot of what I presume is the time machine, with the flashes of lightning and all that. That entire room looks computer generated, which I can't stand. Looks like SyFy channel bulls*t.
TCTTS
AG
I also can do without yet another shot of earth from space with the missiles firing on Judgement Day. This is now the THIRD time we've seen that shot/sequence.
TCTTS
AG
And how hard is it to actually build a damn robotic arm, hide the controls, and have it be physically in camera with Arnold in that last shot? Why on earth does that arm have to be computer generated there? It looks so bad in the steam/smoke or whatever.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just a general question I had this past weekend while watching the stunt show at Hollywood Studios in Orlando...is CGI inherently cheaper than actual stunts/props and that is why movies tend to opt for CGI these days (or so it seems)? Or is it just easier than having real action scene sets/props built? Or is it just that the new "breed" of filmmakers innately lean towards CGI?
TCTTS
AG
CGI isn't necessarily cheaper, but it's definitely easier. And lazy as hell.
jr15aggie
AG
One reason why so many people are optimistic about Star Wars. JJ Abrams using a lot of physical props, sets, etc. to make it feel real. Of course there will be a ton of special effects, but just because you use CG X-Wings during a space battle doesn't mean you can't build one so that actors can physically interact with them in other shots.

So I agree... no reason why that shot couldn't have a real robotic arm. If other action shots require a CG arm, no worries, that's fine. This movie definitely looks to be doomed before it even begins, and that's coming from a guy that thought Salvation was decent. All the "nerds" are already down on it and I don't think the general public cares anymore. I can see it making much less than $100 mil domestically.
double aught
AG
More trailers for trailers
mid90
AG
quote:
This.

Hollywood is jumping the shark.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That entire room looks computer generated, which I can't stand. Looks like SyFy channel bulls*t.
Reminds me of watching Sanctuary on Syfy... Ugh...
65532ag
Im gonna watch it with extremely low expectations.
wesag
AG
quote:
CGI isn't necessarily cheaper, but it's definitely easier. And lazy as hell.
wesag
AG
quote:
quote:
This.

Hollywood is jumping the shark.

**** trailers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.