Where did the 3-4 month's salary come from?

17,108 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TxFig
george92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I normally would have come back strong but I'm not taking any chances. There are two Catholic priests about your age that went to A&M named Brian or Bryan. One is now the pastor at St Mary's. I don't mind insulting all the pagans and heathens of this board but I'm not going to take a chance insulting a priest. I've got enough problems already.
BlueAg2003
AG
The wife and I both thought diamond rings are stupid and a waste of money. She is Irish and loves the symbolism of the Claddagh ring, so we both just got those as our engagement rings and then turned it around and now wear it as our wedding bands. We saved hella money and now spend it on fun stuff like travel. Diamonds are about the biggest scam I've ever seen.
PrincessButtercup
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

The wife and I both thought diamond rings are stupid and a waste of money. She is Irish and loves the symbolism of the Claddagh ring, so we both just got those as our engagement rings and then turned it around and now wear it as our wedding bands. We saved hella money and now spend it on fun stuff like travel. Diamonds are about the biggest scam I've ever seen.
Love the Claddagh rings.

Btw, same place for tomorrow? 24 hours away!
george92
You don't count. Women are generally practical with their own money. It's cherries and wieners you hot lesbo you.
JJxvi
AG
Everything about the engagement ring process, from strengthening an old ring tradition into a necessary part of courtship, to beginning to push the fact that not only was the ring necessary but they should have diamonds, that diamonds were not for the super rich but for everybody, and that therefore everybody should spend a certain slice of their income for one was crafted by De Beers to help them control and increase demand as they already controlled supply.
PrincessButtercup
AG
JJxvi said:

Everything about the engagement ring process, from strengthening an old ring tradition into a necessary part of courtship, to beginning to push the fact that not only was the ring necessary but they should have diamonds, that diamonds were not for the super rich but for everybody, and that therefore everybody should spend a certain slice of their income for one was crafted by De Beers to help them control and increase demand as they already controlled supply.
holy **** that is one sentence?
JJxvi
AG
I think I need one more comma in there.
Bryan98
AG
george92 said:

I normally would have come back strong but I'm not taking any chances. There are two Catholic priests about your age that went to A&M named Brian or Bryan. One is now the pastor at St Mary's. I don't mind insulting all the pagans and heathens of this board but I'm not going to take a chance insulting a priest. I've got enough problems already.
I appreciate your dedication to holiness and respecting others!

Quote:

You don't count. Women are generally practical with their own money. It's cherries and wieners you hot lesbo you.

Uh, forget what I just said.
GoneGirl
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Everything about diamond hype/preciousness/value is artificial. Everything.
The worst is that stupid Le Vian chocolate diamond. Let's take the lowest grade diamond, and give it a different name that we can copyright and say we're the only place in the world that you can get the Le Vian Chocolate diamond from (despite the fact that everyone else just calls it a brown diamond).

Then let's convince women that this is the diamond they can buy for themselves! Treat yourself!!! You're worth it.

Diamond marketing is one of the best scams of all time.
marble rye
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Quote:

Women folk need to understand that size isn't always better.

Good luck on that front.

"It's not the size of the rock, it's the size of the cock."

Any woman that doesn't live by this creed is either a prudish ice queen that doesn't like to bang, or a materialistic wench that will always expect expensive ****.

You don't want to marry either one. If you do, then shut your whiney yap once you say your vows.
GinaLinetti
AG
bagger05 said:

Sweet Clementine said:

I have a large diamond because I wanted a bigger stone over a higher quality one. We picked it out together and he wanted me to have what I wanted. He grew up very poor and it was important to him to give me a nice ring.
Everyone's different. Get what makes you happy and what you both agree on. If it's important to the radio caller to have a big ring then she needs to find someone that wants to give that to her. I've only been married for 2.5 years, but we have been through A LOT. If you are not with someone who understands your needs and who's needs you understand, you won't get very far.

If that's what she wants, then maybe she should f##king communicate it to her boyfriend (now fiance) rather than waiting until after the fact and being disappointed. Clearly the best solution to this issue was for her to call up a morning talk show host (who doesn't know her or the dude) and complain about it.

Sounds like this chick has the expectation that her fiance should be able to read her mind. Maybe this situation will encourage her to act like a f##king adult and communicate.

FNG
Sweet Clementine said:

I have a large diamond because I wanted a bigger stone over a higher quality one. We picked it out together and he wanted me to have what I wanted. He grew up very poor and it was important to him to give me a nice ring.
Everyone's different. Get what makes you happy and what you both agree on. If it's important to the radio caller to have a big ring then she needs to find someone that wants to give that to her. I've only been married for 2.5 years, but we have been through A LOT. If you are not with someone who understands your needs and who's needs you understand, you won't get very far.

Was this to impress your sister or to impress your friends from high school?
Sweet Clementine
AG
Let me clarify a few things.

Moissanite is indeed originally from space, but the natural mineral is so rare that the jewelry form is lab created.

What I was trying to say in my earlier post was that my husband wanted me to have a nice ring. He narrowed it down to a few stones and I decided that I wanted the bigger stone as opposed to the one with better color and slightly different clarity. I think I combined those two statements in a weird way. My point was that our sensibilities aligned on that (and most) topics. I didn't say "a ring is a waste of money" or "I only want a small one" and he didn't say "you'll get what I give you" or "I'm only spending x amount."

I also agree that the original post about the radio caller is indeed lacking in communication. If she has a problem with it she needs to talk to him about it. Also if she specifically asked for one thing and he blatantly ignored it for no other reason than he felt like it then they should probably reevaluate their relationship now.

And FNG, you must have me confused with someone else. I talk to one person from my high school and will more than likely never go to a reunion. Also I did not post my ring all over Facebook or any other social media. And my sister has way nicer stuff than me.
FNG
So the sister then.

Thanks for answering.
GigEmBevo
Get a huge fake diamond. Done. What's the big deal. Just a ring.
FW Declerk
Pam Poovey said:

Tom Hagen said:

Quote:

Women folk need to understand that size isn't always better.

Good luck on that front.

"It's not the size of the rock, it's the size of the cock."

Any woman that doesn't live by this creed is either a prudish ice queen that doesn't like to bang, or a materialistic wench that will always expect expensive ****.

You don't want to marry either one. If you do, then shut your whiney yap once you say your vows.

Lol the wallet has more importance Than the cock ..

Hth
george92
The Pooves is an outlier. She definitely a cock before rock kind of lady.
swimmerbabe11
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

My wife told me that she didn't care if I got her a $50 band from Walmart because if she needs to show off a ring she has one on her right hand (she's an Aggie).

Nice to know she is more proud of her school than her husband!
atag
AG
We are getting married in Feb. We have both been married to the wrong people and did the whole wedding thing. We are getting married in private. No engagement no engagement ring and no wedding. I just want to be his wife. I think a plain gold band is the most romantic thing because of its simplicity. The ring mattered to me when I was more concerned what others thought. Now I only want something that says I'm his.
histag10
AG
If you are planning on getting married in February, aren't you technically engaged? Wouldn't an engagement just be the time between when you decided to get married to when you actually get married
atag
AG
I guess...but I don't call him my fiance or anything. We really haven't even planned anything. Our neighbor is ordained and when we get close we will just get our license and take a day off. We have spent all of our planning and money on our honeymoon.
Post removed:
by user
swimmerbabe11
Hopefully you'll have your wife longer than your car.
chipotle
My wife didn't care that it sparkled but more that a substantial loss in life took place in extracting the mineral from the African continent.
TyHolden
AG
I ain't spending 100k on ring
TyHolden
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Hopefully you'll have your wife longer than your car.
depends what kind of car
Joe Exotic
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

My wife told me that she didn't care if I got her a $50 band from Walmart because if she needs to show off a ring she has one on her right hand (she's an Aggie).

Nice to know she is more proud of her school than her husband!

If it were any other school I'd be offended. Gigem.
Mr. White
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

What's her number?
Duncan Idaho
chipotle said:

My wife didn't care that it sparkled but more that a substantial loss in life took place in extracting the mineral from the African continent.

I seriously don't understand how someone can claim to be a Christian and buy diamonds.
Texker
AG
I bought what I could afford at the time for a custom design. Had a great jeweler so it worked out well.
Aston04
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

chipotle said:

I seriously don't understand how someone can claim to be a Christian and buy diamonds.
lol. Yes, Christians must only buy utilitarian things for each other comrade.
wbt5845
AG
She had the option to say "no".
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

chipotle said:

Most people have no idea.
Duncan Idaho
Aston04 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

chipotle said:

lol. Yes, Christians must only buy utilitarian things for each other comrade.

It has nothing to do with the lack of utilitarian aspects of diamonds (notice I didn't say jewelry ) it has to do with the human suffering and abuse that exists solely because of the diamond trade. If you buy a natural gemstone quality diamonds you are culpable regardless if the diamond actually is a blood diamond or it just creates a market the allows blood diamonds to exist.

Bullmoose
AG
It's 2016, who in da hell gets married?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.